Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

Thank you. I'm sorry, but I don't know what TD'd means.....

well TK'd means tiger kneed. It's just a term for doing a 2147 input, where you do a quarter circle backwards (or forwards) and then go to 9 or 7 to jump. it registers the quarter circle motion but also puts you in the air, letting you do aerial specials very fast.

hi there i need help trying to figure this combo out C>214B>236A, 6C do i cancel the 214b then do the 236a or do i have to wait for the 214b to finish.

wait for the 214b to finish, and then time the 236a. it won't be instant canceling into the other, but you'll have to time it a bit. I don't use the combo personally but yeah that's how it works I believe :psyduck:

oof renka - guren - shippu.... heavy star usage T_T although I don't think anyone counters as much as I do..... it's a super bad habit i swear 70% of my dmg comes from 2d - 6c - shippu D: it's unsettling lol

If you are IBing and not spamming moves, you should never be short on magatamas. I hover aroudn 4-5 magatamas all the time, and I consider myself to spend magatamas pretty liberally.

well I like options whenever I land a 2d/5d.... i'm not spamming moves by any means, but when u combine the rate of 6c fishing, throws, and counters, it's not too hard to run out of stars for the next shippu :[

Your opponents are not playing correctly if you manage to land enough counters and throws to deplete your magatama reserve. Most of the combos only require 2-3 magatamas, while yield you 1-1.5 magatamas in return. Let's not even mention 6c, which shouldn't come out more than 2-3 times per round against opponents not named tager, and to a lesser extent, carl (something that I don't really agree with but it is a valid approach).

Well yeah I guess you're right. But i'm not ONLY doing 6c - shippu. but it's a good amount of the time. Like vs litchi if i land a 2d in the corner (YES!!) I'll blow out all of my magatamas for awesome dmg. Most of the time though like say vs ragna, i'll land a lot of 2d's off of hell's fang. and jin... well. I only fight Killey so far and he's just way too godly D:. I'll 2d his 6d if he forgets not to put it in though :P

Hrmm, so I'm trying to come up with some relatively easy/reliable/economical attacks to use. So far I've been using some simple ones: J.B,2B,214B J.C,5C / 2C / 3C / 6C / 214C J.2C,J.2C 6B,236A,6C BC,236A,6C j.C,5C,623AA,j.BC (loop this twice) 5C (Or just start with j.BC, 6A counterhit, or 214B corner) Any other suggestions on relatively scrub friendly combos I could use? (Oddly, I can whip out Yukikaze in an instant, but I can't do the Shippu worth a damn)

Everything goes into j2c. Hakumen doesn't really have "hard" combos.

(Oddly, I can whip out Yukikaze in an instant, but I can't do the Shippu worth a damn)

Not that odd considering you play tao, and should have plenty of practice doing 2 quarter circles. Even if the input it easy it still takes practice to do it near instantaneously.

Everything goes into j2c. Hakumen doesn't really have "hard" combos.

Yeah, but I have a hard time with Kishuu>SuperJump>j.2C>airdash>C

Gotta practice that more.

Also frankly, the 663214B 663214C moves are pretty damn hard indeed.

(Hell I'm not even going to try Akumetsu or long Mugen combos)

Not to mention, it's a bitch that 236A and 623A commands are so similar to each other.

Only character I know of that's got a fireball and a dragon move assigned to the same action button.....

(Which is especially bad since they cancel into each other)

Not that odd considering you play tao, and should have plenty of practice doing 2 quarter circles. Even if the input it easy it still takes practice to do it near instantaneously.

True, but it's also because I use a SF4 Fightpad.

Don't need to reposition your thumb for 236236.

It's time I contribute to this thread and add a combo.

throw - guren - hop forward - 2b

YES!

follow with sexy prorated combo. :vbang:

What? Like:

BC>236A,66,jump,j.B>jump>j.C>214C,j.C,5C

But that, is, a pretty cool lead up.

_

It's too bad though that half the problem with Hakumen seems to be the difficulty of starting a decent combo. (And his two overheads are expensive/slow)

So you're kinda forced to be rather grabby.

noo i meant like you throw them you hop forward and then you do 2b! no jumping lol. it's pretty useless imo. btw I have a probably not so discovery. have any of you had trouble with doing falling c (just normal) 5c 623aa j.2c - AD - j.2c falling c - etc? well after the 623aa you AD forward and then do j.2c, and then etc. it guarantees maximum hits on the next j.2c part! I'm probably not making sense :vbang:

Well to be honest, I have trouble pulling off specifically the j.2C after Kishuu (Which is probably more of a muscle memory thing) But what's really confusing to me is that double tapping forward like a madman after j.2C, and I can't get an air dash to come out until I've fallen halfway down the screen. For now, I'm just using the scrub version j.C,5C,623AA>Jump>BC>j.C,5C,623AA,Jump>BC,j.C,5C It's cheesy as hell since you got pink !! throw markers all the time. But it's an easy 5800 damage.

General j2c combos consist of only spam, so don't think too much. Trying to get knockdown off every j2c combo is a bit harder, but still not really difficult in my opinion. dash hotaru/tsubaki isn't hard either, unless you are going for the optimal baits (which will be easily doable with enough experience). Honestly, Hakumen probably has one of the easiest offensive games to run till you start doing feints all over the place. That's the really difficult stuff because it comes down to 2-3F for the inputs, and you can't really advance input anything there (not in the definition sense at least). Remember, you are looking for 1 of 3 combos to do (damage, shippu finisher, knockdown), so it's not like you have to remember much.

the dash comes out late since you have to wait to recover from the j.2C. Just wait a bit and then double tap. Don't mash on the stick that's just retarded. If you just wait a bit you'll probably get it right since its not really hard timing, but if you end up waiting way too long just wait a little less next time and you should get it.