Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

noo i meant like

you throw them

you hop forward

and then you do 2b!

no jumping lol. it's pretty useless imo.

Actually the throw hop combo is pretty old, but instead of 2B you can do 5BC -> 236A -> Dash -> 5B -> jc -> j.B -> jc -> j.C.

This does 200 more damage than 5BC -> 236A -> 6C. Gets you a bit more meter not just from damage, but because it takes longer to do.

Although it's harder to do than the regular 6C, so for some it might not be worth using. This can also be done after 214B (2 Hits) -> 236A.

These are probably old, but I was messing around in training mode to see what there is to do after Yukikaze. Some things I did: (midscreen)Yukikaze, 623AA, j.2C, airdash, j.C - 4559 damage (6 bars) (corner)Yukikaze, 623AA, j.2C, airdash, j.2C, j.2C, j.C - 4811 damage (6 bars) (midscreen)Yukikaze, 236A, 623AA, j.2C, airdash, j.C - 4654 damage (7 bars) (corner) Yukikaze, 236A, 623AA, j.2C, airdash, j.2C, j.2C, j.C - 4879 damage (7 bars) (midcsreen)Yukikaze, 236A, fully charged 6C - 4531 damage(5 bars) (midscreen)Yukikaze, 236A, dash, 5B, j.B, j.C - 4558 damage(5 bars) (midscreen) Yukikaze, 236A, dash, 5B, j.B, j.C, 214B, j.C - 5010 damage(7 bars) (midscreen)Yukikaze, 236A, dash, 5B, j.B, j.C, 214C - 5003 damage(8 bars) All combos done on Ragna. 214A and 236AA don't seem to connect when too close to the corner. Oddly enough, if you input the move too soon, Hakumen will move to the other side of the opponent with the slash part of the counter but it will be canceled into your move(doing no damage) and net a counter hit. Maybe there could be a use for that in Mugen, but I don't see why you would forfeit the super damage for a counter hit.

i dunno if anyone has this up but im just gonna put this out there (anywhere except corner) throw, 236A, 623AA, superjump forward, airthrow, (falling C, 2C, jump, airthrow) <-- repeatable the timing for the falling C is kind of tricky but if i pull it off, i can usually pull the repeatable part 2, 3 times max before the opponent catches on or the character is too far out does about a half bar of damage and then some when i do it against a ragna

i dunno if anyone has this up but im just gonna put this out there

(anywhere except corner) throw, 236A, 623AA, superjump forward, airthrow, (falling C, 2C, jump, airthrow) <-- repeatable

the timing for the falling C is kind of tricky but if i pull it off, i can usually pull the repeatable part 2, 3 times max before the opponent catches on or the character is too far out

somebody put no mid throw combos in the first post or something, for god sake.

i dunno if anyone has this up but im just gonna put this out there

(anywhere except corner) throw, 236A, 623AA, superjump forward, airthrow, (falling C, 2C, jump, airthrow) <-- repeatable

the timing for the falling C is kind of tricky but if i pull it off, i can usually pull the repeatable part 2, 3 times max before the opponent catches on or the character is too far out

does about a half bar of damage and then some when i do it against a ragna

people getting away with still doing the haku throw loop makes me a saaaad panda :psyduck:

i dont know if this is the right place to put this but its a combo question so i guess here its ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qy_uW2lpfA&NR=1

in this vid at approx 1:22, the hakumen player goes for something after the 236a, dash, b, s.j, j.2c. he does this a lot in the vid and never seems to connect anything after the j.2c what is he going for that would warrent stuffing it up all match over just going a 6c after the 236a? or even, b, j.b, jc, j.c? unless he just thinks he is closer to the corner than he really is?

another question at 5:30 he does ...5C, 236a, b after the b are you ment to super jump to get the j2.C, falling j,c, 2c, s.j, j.2c etc or do you only need to do the s.j the second time you take them into the air?

First is for positioning, you have significantly more advantage doing that than doing 6c. Problem is it's easy to see because your only option there is air dash so doing it too much isn't a good thing. first time either will work. I'd say super jump just because certain characters require super jump. Second one needs super jump to get the correct positioning afterwards.

it's till good to do 236A air hit > 66 > B > hjc > J2C > air dash because you stay close to you opponent and you get to use your most active attack for wake up and when you land recovery is cancelled which means your 623 proof. good for offensive haku's. but yea but i really wanted to know was if anyone had and Carl specific combos. i don't really have a hard time with carls but bnbs for him would be nicer than hit confirming his face in.

hotaru -> 6C shippu renka -> zantetsu -> guren 6C air throw -> j.C/j.B -> 2C j.2C air dash j.C

I already know those, and there universal combos. i mean set carl die combos. and i'm a aggressive, conservative so let's keep under 5 magna.

Added a preface on the first page about throws in the middle of combos. It's for your own good guys. It only encourages bad tactics which will make you overall worse. Try to get out of the habit now if you find yourself comboing into throws and stick to the legit stuff. -Jack

agreed it's hard to stop when you get started. NOW, jack do you wanna make some carl combos with me. i give you a really nice resets and combo links i made :)

i don't know if this has already been posted, but i found a cool combo in training mode today. near corner: 6C shippu -> kishuu -> 5B jc j.2C j.C 2C j.2C air dash j.2C x3 6468 damage (6562 if you replace the 5B with 2C, but you have to be kinda close for that to connect) you actually don't have to be that close to the corner for this to connect either, which is nice. although it costs a bit of meter it's well worth it if you ask me (certainly beats just doing a standard hitconfirm with no combo after the fact).

wow that's damn awesome, for some reason I never thought about comboing after shippu outside of mugen. I knew you could special cancel from it and combo in a corner but I never thought it would be worth it. 2000 damage for just 1 extra magatama is excellent, I just tried it out because I'm definitely using that if that situation ever comes up. I also decided to try an 8 mag version for kicks, 6C > shippu > kishhu > 5C > zantetsu > 2C > sjc j.2C > j.C 7119 damage with an uncharged 6C. Only an extra 600 for 3 magatama but I suppose if you really need to kill someone off a 6C and have that extra meter this would be the way to go. There's bigger stuff of a 6C but only if you're right next to them and its a CH, this one is actually usable.

Just a note: You want to learn to do the super jump version of that combo, because at max distance only super jump works (which is about the only time you should ever land 6C anyways), so you should do that for all distances. Edit: and I strongly encourage using 2C instead of 5B. The only time you should use 5B is if you realize you screwed up a timing somewhere. Always go for max damage output (even if the difference is not significant).

i thought super jumping at max distance was assumed, but i guess it doesn't hurt to point it out.

Not for most combos. Most combos you super jump because that's the only way it will hit some characters (arakune, carl, etc). This one, you will have to super jump or 2C simply whiffs. The main difference here is max range of 6C is longer than, say, 5C, so of course there is a difference.

you guys didn't know that combos in the corner next you guys are going to be surprised that you can 623AA Falling JC Land 5C 632146C

I'm not surprised if people don't know them. The odds of that happening are extremely low in a match against a competent player. I may get it out once every hour or so (but that's because I'm actively setting up the situation where I have a chance to get such a hit).

you guys didn't know that combos in the corner

next you guys are going to be surprised that you can 623AA Falling JC Land 5C 632146C

At least we're not expressing our Rank 45 Hakumen as a sign of skill...

EDIT: and you should instant air dash after the first 2c and then j.2c, so after the falling C and j.2c you can use 4 j.2c's (er 3 j.2c's and a j.c.. i think)

or is that the wrong combo.. I just know that air dashing in will get an extra j.2c in on before the last air dash in the combo o_O