Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen Combo Thread

This combo works.

5 Stars

J.c-> 5c-> 623a~a-> Air Throw-> 'falling' J.c-> 214c midair

also if you only have 2 stars switch 214c midair to 5c.

I've tried 2147b-> Air Throw-> 'falling' J.c-> 214c and it works as well.

Edit:4 Stars version of above combo and it does more dmg.

J.c->5c-> 623a~a-> Air Throw-> 'falling' J.c-> 214b midair-> J.c

Thanks man. For the last combo, when do you do the 214B? before or after landing?

Guys, whenever you get airthrows relatively close to the ground (like, IAD airthrow height) you always get falling j.C > land combo. If the timing's tight, just use advance input and hold C after the air throw. some combos (best IMO) airthrow >falling j.C > 2C > j.2C > j.C (if midscreen) or j.2C x2 if in corner - best tensionless combo hakumen has airthrow > falling j.C > 5C > 41236C > 5C (knockdown and decent damage for 3 stars) airthrow > falling j.C > 5C > 41236C > 5C > 623A~A > falling j.C > 5C (for knockdown) or 2C > j.2C > j.2C etc sorry I don't have damage numbers, will post em up when I get training mode.

yo, plz update first and second post with the combos listed so far, that way people know what numbers to beat when looking for better combos:p

Thanks man. For the last combo, when do you do the 214B? before or after landing?

You do it before while you're still in the air. You don't lose almost no altitude between the J.c and 214b if done correctly

Also found a pretty devastating corner combo that works on everyone except Tager and Carl.

It does about 7053 dmg.

7 Stars

J.c-> 5c-> 623a~a-> Air Throw-> 'falling' J.c-> 236a (very tight timing)-> 5c-> 623a~a-> Air Throw-> 'falling' J.c-> 214b midair-> J.c

Guys, whenever you get airthrows relatively close to the ground (like, IAD airthrow height) you always get falling j.C > land combo. If the timing's tight, just use advance input and hold C after the air throw.

some combos (best IMO)

airthrow >falling j.C > 2C > j.2C > j.C (if midscreen) or j.2C x2 if in corner - best tensionless combo hakumen has

airthrow > falling j.C > 5C > 41236C > 5C (knockdown and decent damage for 3 stars)

airthrow > falling j.C > 5C > 41236C > 5C > 623A~A > falling j.C > 5C (for knockdown) or 2C > j.2C > j.2C etc

sorry I don't have damage numbers, will post em up when I get training mode.

I was just playing around with the air throw actually, I myself have a ton of trouble doing the loop (Throw->214B->2C->J.2C->J.5C, then I have trouble hitting the 2C to relaunch), so I've been trying to look for alternatives as I still try to learn the J.2C Loop.

The original variant I tried went like this:

Throw->214B->2C->J.2C->J.214C for 4660 (on Arakune), (4424 on Jin) 5 Mags

-I figured it would knock them back into the corner and allow us to add more pressure.

-Works on Everyone

But when I read your post I wanted to see if I could combo in an air throw, which does work.

It worked like this:

Throw->214B->2C->Air Throw->J.C->2C (Still seeing if I can hit a J.2C after it)

-It would do 5806 (it does 5639 vs Jin) for 2 Mags. Of course if they see it coming they can air tech.

-Only works on Jin and Arakune

I then wanted to see what would happen if I modified the beginning somewhat.

My experiment went down as so:

Throw->214B->41236C->2C->Air Throw->J.C->2C (Looking to see if I can hit a J.2C at the end as well).

-For 5 mags this would do 7017 damage (6890 if you missed the 2C).

Works on:

Arakune

Taokaka

Tager

Bang

For the people it doesn't work on you can hit a J.2C into J.214C, but it's not worth it.

I was just playing around with these and I still am, I apologize if the combos I mentioned were already found or have been known for awhile.

EDIT: All of the tests were done in the corner, though it looks like I only found a few character specific combos, they do work on in their own right. I hope the info I found somehow helps

You do it before while you're still in the air. You don't lose almost no altitude between the J.c and 214b if done correctly

Also found a pretty devastating corner combo that works on everyone except Tager and Carl.

It does about 7053 dmg.

7 Stars

J.c-> 5c-> 623a~a-> Air Throw-> 'falling' J.c-> 236a (very tight timing)-> 5c-> 623a~a-> Air Throw-> 'falling' J.c-> 214b midair-> J.c

Aren't those airthrows easy to tech? Also, I think leaving out 236A would net you more damage for less stars.

Aren't those airthrows easy to tech? Also, I think leaving out 236A would net you more damage for less stars.

Air throw have a 27 frame escape window, nearly half a second. If they don't break them, great, but would probably only work online with some lag.

Air throw have a 27 frame escape window, nearly half a second. If they don't break them, great, but would probably only work online with some lag.

Yeah, probably works with the blues, but I doubt purples.

I never did say it was very efficient, but it looks cool nonetheless. rofl

Lol.... I wouldn't bank on using airthows mid combo most of the time. It's a nice gimmick every now and then but really, you should be focusing on Green (regular) airthrows. Unlike Guilty Gear, IAD airthrow both works and is super effective. And yeah I'll update first page soon.

I did some testing with counter hits, the only useful things really are: 6B 5C 41236C 623A~A j.5C 2C sj.2C->AD*2C->5C and 6C 5C 214B(1) 623A~A j.5C 2C sj.2C->AD*2C->5C I also did some counter combos: 5D 236A 623A 2C j.2C->AD5C 6D dash 5C 623A~A j.C 2C sj.2C->AD5C 2D 623A~A j.C 2C sj.2C->AD5C All combos do about 3000 damage.

I know when you say K you mean B, but try to say 'B' to avoid confusing others. Also, 6B counterhit is huge. You can treat it like 6D, you get a full jumpin, falling j.C > 2C > air bnb.

Lol.... I wouldn't bank on using airthows mid combo most of the time. It's a nice gimmick every now and then but really, you should be focusing on Green (regular) airthrows. Unlike Guilty Gear, IAD airthrow both works and is super effective.

And yeah I'll update first page soon.

Oh I know, but it's fun to experiment. Who knows? It might be helpful at some point for a gimmick. I more or less see the stuff I posted a last resort thing anyway

In combos such as j.C > 5C > 623AA > jc > delayed j.C > 2C > jc > j.2C > AD > j.C, I have a hard time getting the j.2C to connect after the 2C on some characters, such as Arakune and Carl. Do I just need to practice the delayed j.C timing?

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet... You can sometimes relaunch the opponent after j.214C. From what I can tell it has to be either from a superjump + double-jump combo or a triple-jump (i.e. double-jump into j.214B -> j.C xx j.214C). The latter is usually a waste of stars but the former is good to learn - 0 uses it from time to time, as that's actually where I learned about the relaunch in the first place. The relaunch is done with a falling j.C into 2C. j.B also hits the opponent but I'm not sure if you'll have enough time to land the 2C from that. EDIT: OK, at least one of the mook combos makes use of this, but I figured it was worth explicitly mentioning in the thread.

what I've seen a lot recently is when you anti air with 5A, you're only pickup is j.A. From that you get j.A > j.B > jc J.C 214C. From that they're at the perfect height for you to do falling j.C into 2C pickup. So the full combo is 5A (antiair) > j.A > j.B > jc J.C > 214C > falling J.C > 2C > j.2C > ad j.2C xN Also when you do tigerknee 214C as overhead (or dashing dash-cancel overhead) you should be able to land and pick up something (my bad, thought you could do 5c)

Thanks, I always forget about 5A anti-air! It's possible to go straight to j.B from that, which is good for throw combos on certain chars but yeah not so practical from a reaction anti-air. Also, 5C/2C doesn't work from instant overhead. =/ The opponent has to be launched high in the air (as in the 100% combo) for that. The mook gives a combo with 214B as the followup, which is great in the corner, but I find 2B xx whatever better at midscreen. 2B link has to be fast but I don't find it very hard.

Thanks for the correction. I guess the best you can get is like: 2147C > land 2B > 236A > 6C (> 632146C if you have 8 stars and feel like blowing em all) then again, TK 214C is only slightly faster than your 41236C overhead anyways (which like reaVer said, does basically 3k on it's on, and you get a free 5C pickup afterwards) so as an overhead it's not entirely practical. Updated the first page quite a bit.

Was looking at the ground throw combo listed. Any hints for getting that to connect on a back throw? Currently i'm just doing 214B after the throw because its easy to connect with and has similar damage. Also, if you throw into a corner, replace the 6C with 2C because they'll bouce off the wall over the 6C. EDIT: I got it on the back throw, wasn't waiting long enough.

In combos such as j.C > 5C > 623AA > jc > delayed j.C > 2C > jc > j.2C > AD > j.C, I have a hard time getting the j.2C to connect after the 2C on some characters, such as Arakune and Carl. Do I just need to practice the delayed j.C timing?

Do a super jump j.2C. Some characters are too high after the 2C if you don't delay the j.C just right, but if you super jump it should always work.

Ok so since my mistake earlier I've been screwing around with mugen a bit just to see if there's any worth at all. One thing that's confusing me though is that combo's which work outside of mugen will not work in mugen. For example this one posted in the vs ragna thread: 6C(CH) -> 214B(1Hit) -> 41236C(2Hits) -> 5C -> 236A -> 6C the 5C will not combo, and in general it seems like once you enter mugen you can no longer combo off of 41236C or at least not without using 236A. Also in the above combo 41236C>6236A~A also combo's, but not in mugen. I checked the frame data, but the only thing listed is the guardcrush and damage changes, so do we know why this happens?

I'm not exactly sure, I think Mugen just changes certain 'properties' of Hakumen's specials while in that mode. In training mode, I kept getting black beat 41236C > 5C, which I knew comboed ordinarily. I tried with something easier like 41236C > 2A and STILL didn't combo. I guess Mugen just makes specials that you would ordinarily be able to link with normals not work, forcing you to special cancel with something quick. Since it's not actually in the frame data, I can't say exactly why though.

it's somewhere. i don't remember where, but i remember reading about it. basically they make it harder to combo in Mugen because you have infinite orbs (which kinda defeats the purposes). I think basically 41236C is instantly techable after the 2nd hit.

Well it's not instantly techable. You can still combo it after the second hit, but only with 236A. I mean if you want you can still do any previous combo, but you just have to throw in 236A instead it seems. Still a list of these changes would be nice if we can find them because knowing what else is changed would save me some time at least.

I was watching a video on Nico Video when I noticed a Hakumen did this combo against Taokaka:

41236C->5C->236A->2C->J.2C->J.C->5C*->236A->6B (Looks like it used 6 Stars)

This is the video (It was in the Hakumen video thread): http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7409823. The combo starts at 0:54

What do you guys think of this combo? I haven't seen it much in matches, but I think it's because it uses too many Stars

Edit: Now it's correct and I added the 5C to the combo that was missing