Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Myoro

New FF Dissidia in Arcades

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/14/square-enix-announces-dissidia-final-fantasy-for-japan-arcades

Looks to support a 3v3 fighting system. I haven't found a release date yet. Square is holding an event where more info will be revealed.

Fingers crossed for this to come to consoles.

The switch to the new 3v3 format means that it might not even be anything like the Dissidia we know and love anymore. That, and my mains won't work that well in against a whole team of opponents. Still, I did spend around 800 hours in total on both Dissidias, so I'll be monitoring this project closely. Who knows, maybe they'll even have a playable Hildibrand.

I am really excited that they are going to make a new dissidia since the originals were so fun. The changes do make me worry a bit that it will only barely resemble the dissidia we know in gameplay but I have my hopes that it will just as fun.

I'm not expecting any online feature from SE, but I do hope that Kuja will be the same fun character he was in Duodecim.

While we're at it, I hope they do something about the Assist system (you know, in case it's actually 2v2 with Assists, like J-Stars), or at least do something about Kuja so he's not an auto-include on each and every member of the roster.

Damn, this is sure hot off the heels of School of Ragnarok. I don't think anyone was expecting S-E to push into the arcade market so strongly.

3 vs. 3? RIP, console split screen and an entertaining solo mode (if they're asses they'll end up only porting it to the Vita, though). Hopefully there will also be 2 vs. 2 and 1-on-1 setups.

I am not at all a fan of the PSP Dissidia games, but I feel that the high standards of the JP arcade scene will force them to whip this one into better shape. Dissidia always felt more like a QTE-happy cutscene factory than a legit fighting game, and if you were playing with custom characters then matches came down almost entirely to levels and equipment rather than skill. Even Ehrgeiz is better.

Well, most people playing Dissidia online use the rule that removes equips so it all comes down to how you equip your skills. I'm curious if that will be the default schematic for this game. Being an arcade game, I doubt there will be any RPG elements.

Well, most people playing Dissidia online use the rule that removes equips so it all comes down to how you equip your skills. I'm curious if that will be the default schematic for this game. Being an arcade game, I doubt there will be any RPG elements.

Well, it's not unheard of, all you have to do is bind your characters to your card / flash drive. On the other hand, the game is already going to have lots of variety due to different team compositions, so putting equipment on top of that is probably unnecessary.

I'm pretty excited about this and will be keeping tabs on it. I really enjoyed both Dissidias and with my Type 0 PS4 already ordered, I can only hope for a PS4 release sometime down the line.

Interesting. I never did anything but watch a few vids concerning Dissidia, but if it's going arcade I might have to try it out.

Yeah, this is definitely going to get a PS4 release, especially with those graphics. I've always thought Dissidia would be good on home consoles. It's really the only 3D arena fighting (action RPG) that I bother to play.

Yeah, this is definitely going to get a PS4 release, especially with those graphics. I've always thought Dissidia would be good on home consoles.

Never underestimate the propensity of Japanese publishers to pander to their country's more stable and profitable handheld market at the expense of consoles. Gundam VS NEXT only got a PSP port.

Never underestimate the propensity of Japanese publishers to pander to their country's more stable and profitable handheld market at the expense of consoles. Gundam VS NEXT only got a PSP port.

I would expect it to have some arcade time before it goes to consoles. This is a series rooted heavily in the consoles, after all.  As for your example, do remember that Full Boost went to PS3 and not Vita.

This is a series rooted heavily in the consoles, after all.

Final Fantasy is, but Dissidia has been exclusively a handheld series until now. S-E may decide that the Japanese playerbase for Dissidia isn't represented enough on consoles.

Type-0 HD is an exception, because it's being made primarily for Western markets that never got the PSP version localized.

I was mainly thinking in terms of games that originate from the arcade. Dissidia was built for the PSP from the ground up. The recent arcade endeavors of SE (Gunslinger Stratos/School of Ragnarok/etc.) have been pretty advanced. I don't count out the possibility of them scaling it down to handheld levels, but I think it would be much easier for them to port it to something like a PS4 where they also have a stable customer base.

I'm definitely keeping my eye on this, and I have some hope. The 3v3 format almost definitely means the removal of assists, which were stupid in Duodecim. They basically made the game all about whiffing moves/air dash cancels to build meter so you could punish dodges with Kuja/Sephiroth/Jecht. Made EX a shadow of its former self, too (RIP Gabranth).

Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this game.

My only concern at the moment is how they handle EX in this one. I need to know how MAH BOI GABRANTH is gonna hold up here.

I haven't seen any characters crapping out EX Force in the trailers, so I'm thinking EX might work a bit more like a traditional super meter system. Hard to say at this point, but any development that removes EX Cores is a good one.

The info from the closed conference is slowly pouring in.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/036/1036867/

- The game is developed by Tecmo Koei's Team Ninja. It runs at 60 fps and uses PS4 tech, including the button layout.

- Two loketests have been announced. The first will take place from April 17th to 19th, the other from 24th to 26th.

- No newcomers yet, just Y'Shtola. WoL, OK, Cloud, Terra and Lightning are back.

- There is a special "Summon Gauge" that allows you to summon creatures you know and love, such as Ifrit. It's different from the old Dissidia summoning system in that Ifrit actually fights on your side.

- There is a special crystal button that makes it easier to build up the Summon Gauge if everyone in the party presses it.