Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Myoro

New FF Dissidia in Arcades

Sword status: drawn. At least now my brother will be able to deal with Gabranth's nerfs (if they stay, of course).

He has a nose.  :toot:

:vbang:

tumblr_nml1paXbE81r9s07oo1_500.jpg

So who's hype for Final Fantasy Extreme Virtual On? I know I sure am.

Looks like a PS Move + Navi controller, sans motion-tracking light orb. Pokken isn't the only current arcade fighter with unconventional console-style controls anymore. The grips seem to be locked in place though, I don't think you're going to be able to jerk them around like in Virtual On.

I guess a PS4 port is pretty much confirmed at this point. Did not expect Team Ninja to be on board - they must not be doing anything else besides updating DOA5 LR right now.

I like the structure. Is that the summon charge button in the middle? How would that work on a PS4 controller? I'd assume you just use the touchpad but one's gotta know.

I found it interesting that she had a bubble shield for everyone to "heal". lol

She got a triple kill. What did she even do? I never played FFXIV.

That was Holy, the usual "White mages deal extreme damage" FF spell. And since the general BP/HP system seems intact, she can deal obscene damage in a single hit if no one hits her for too long.

Guessing no one watched the event?

Stream Archive

Arcade/PS4 Comparison

Special Trailer (basically first full trailer)

The game looks so similar yet so much more . . . CHAOTIC!!

I'm liking what I see, now it all depends on the remaining cast (Agrias, Quistis/Selphie, Faris plz) the console port looks like it's going to hold up well (no surprise considering the arcade board is basically a PS4)

Summons look NUTZ (Yuna deconfirmed and/or obsolete?)

First off: the arcade version is going to be the primary target [in Japan] no matter what, especially in the competitive scene [where most of this games life will reside] where nearly all events will be ran in arcades.

Second, were we watching the same comparisons!? The arcade ver has higher saturation and bloom with less detail compared to the PS4 footage. Unless you just like the more "cartoon" aesthetic, there is no denying that [at least from what they're showing] the PS4 version has a bit more work put in [likely as they have more time to work on it---in fact the arcade version might be the port].

Third, Japanese gamers [the primary consumers, and pretty much the only ones affected by this "dilemma"] aren't going to give a rat's ass which versions looks better, console port of arcade games [specifically fighters] are meant for solitary enjoyment [training mode] and auxiliary features [story mode, etc].

There were a lot of details missing in the stages themselves for PS4's comparison. Grating in the floor was removed, the grass looked to have lower textures, etc. The colors also seemed to be darker and more flat in general.

Again . . . are we observing the same things, cause I see the exact opposite . . . the colors are indeed darker on the PS4 version, but that's because there's less saturation, bloom, and blur because they don't need to hide the lower poly details as much.

Either way, this is a moot point since development priority is character models > stages, you're only ever going to experience 1 version anyways, captured video [and on YT's crap player] rarely does proper justice, this is a game in development showing off 2 unreleased games, and who gives a shit so long as the gameplay remains smooth and intact.

PS4 version looks fine. I personally prefer the darker colors myself. The only thing I don't like is what seems to be different cinematics between the two. Arcade seems to get better cinematics than PS4.

It's too bad they presumably can't use Namco's new PS4-based arcade system (which Tekken 7 is running on) due to corporate rivalry. The versions would be identical.

I wonder if this means they'll release a new Dissidia controller for the PS4 based on the arcade layout.

And yeah, I certainly didn't expect Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja to be handling development. That fact alone has made a few people upset already. I couldn't care less about whether Tifa's boobs jiggle more than usual, I just hope they can make the game competent.

https://youtu.be/Zk6G1S2fCjU

Dissidia Final Fantasy's "How To Play" video

http://cerberusblack.tumblr.com/post/116552130714/observations-from-the-dissidia-final-fantasy-how
And a list of stuff that I noticed/thought was cool from the video, only linking to my blog because I don't feel like throwing a huge bullet pointed list at you and I have no ulterior motives of increasing my blog traffic :U

So they're really bringing out more of each character's individual game's personality, as Bartz now has proper Mimic abilities and Squall an Draw. As Squall was my main I'm really liking the subte changes and new effects to his combos and moves they've shown so far, just hope Revolver Drive is still this awesome :3

just hope Revolver Drive is still this awesome :3

"Gonna Take You for a Ride" starts playing

Got any vids of the new characters in action? or just that one link?