Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potemtager

[CT] Iron Tager Buffering 360 & 720

i managed to do 5A>720 but i can't stop it from purple throwing LOL, must spin stick faster.

Wouldn't that be slower or at least press the button later, also is this on block or hit... like I know of barrier guard and CH its not going to work.

hmm i get purple regardless, i even tried it on IB, i think i have to hold the B+C when i do it, mike z said something about it previously, i just can't find it nor completely comprehend it. need 720 booklet for idiots.

Spinning from 4 to the 1236 and through? Press D when you hit the second 6 and press C when you hit the top. It's a nice kara cancel that will give you maybe 2 or 3 frames later of a super flash. Should help with the timing.

For 5A or 5B there is a slight delay before you do your ulti goes off to make sure they go outta blockstun. Tho its easy to mess up sometimes :s Still cant get the hang of doing unbuffered 720C tho o3o

If the 5A is normal blocked it doesn't require the delay I think.

I never need to buffer a 360, But I usually either jump or backdash for 720

Or A sledge right :D.

I never need to buffer a 360, But I usually either jump or backdash for 720

I can't remember the last time I jumped a 720.

I can't remember the last time I jumped a 720.

I most certainly do it was when I was playing SFIV on a keyboard(WASD baby).

Before that is was against a good player I did as a mind game at the end of a good set, his quote I didn't think you would just empty jump and 720 I mean why would you do that....it was something along those lines of total surprise, and shock.

before that it was against this nu-13 scrub I was playing online I hit him with 2C counter hit, and was all this guy is going to tech back watch me jump and 720 him when he does....yep...thats what happened.

But yeah I like to make my jump 720s special moments, air IBing 720 doesn't count.

IB'ing terribly done block-strings and pokes makes for some great buffer chances. Nothing's better than watching a Ragna player run straight at me and do 5B > 5C > 5D before I interrupt him/her. IB the 5B and 5C, input 720C, watch as you probably get a throw counter and piss your opponent off. It works astoundingly well, but you all probably knew that.

IB'ing terribly done block-strings and pokes makes for some great buffer chances.

Nothing's better than watching a Ragna player run straight at me and do 5B > 5C > 5D before I interrupt him/her.

IB the 5B and 5C, input 720C, watch as you probably get a throw counter and piss your opponent off. It works astoundingly well, but you all probably knew that.

This is when you start fighting good ragna's and once they have meter they start going 623C(RC) in the middle of their block strings randomly because they can.

I have yet to play a good Ragna other than two people. Ironically, I play Ragna mains the most... :psyduck: I think Bootowski and Crasied Setsuna are the only two decent ones I've played. Real quick question; how much can I take out of the 720 so I can do it faster. I already do 270's for my 360's, can I shorten my 720 input in any way other than making it a 630 or whatever? Numbered inputs would be of great assistance.

These are better

41236987419 -1P side

63214789637 -2P side

wonder if 5A>720 is easier to do using those.

Alright, so I can do 720's off of 5A and 2A now... I don't know what I'm doing though. Is there a specific way on how to do that, because I really don't have the fastest reflexes...

Alright, so I can do 720's off of 5A and 2A now...

I don't know what I'm doing though. Is there a specific way on how to do that, because I really don't have the fastest reflexes...

use B+C so you don't jump cancel.

or as heroic said D~C kara canceling...although i couldn't do it from D~C.

Alright, so I can do 720's off of 5A and 2A now...

I don't know what I'm doing though. Is there a specific way on how to do that, because I really don't have the fastest reflexes...

What you want to do is make sure that you are buffering the 720 before you toss the A out. Kind of like how ST Zangief buffers it off of s.lk

Make sure you have at least 180 degrees before you push the button. For instance for 5A you should start with 63214A and finish spinning. Kara'ing for a 5A or 2A is unnecessary as the recovery off a jab is already enough that you are okay. If you are spinning REAL FAST and happen to get purple, then you might want to press D~C instead of C. It works very well especially if they are magnetized as it forces them in closer AND puts them in block if they are holding anything back. Once you see the beginning of their block animation it's GG.

lets talk about this 5A 720 how fast are people really doing these. Lol i murdered my wrist. But then one time i think i did not not as fast and it came out it was werid, I also did not jump. Also i have been messing up my 2nd 360 alot lately. so a i understanding people are pressing B+C? also how are people doing 720's off atomic Calider.

I do my AC > collider with something like this; 623C, 9874123698741236, well something like this, haha. And also, I do all my 720s on a pad. I can do it off of any move, aside from 5A and 2A, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEtm5lRvOU

Atomic Collider IS VERY HELPFUL in setting up magnetized 720s. Learn to do it.

Anyway, yeah. After you press the C for the Atomic Collider start buffering 720. You should be done spinning as Tager's hand is pulling back if you tapped it.

lets talk about this 5A 720 how fast are people really doing these. Lol i murdered my wrist. But then one time i think i did not not as fast and it came out it was werid, I also did not jump. Also i have been messing up my 2nd 360 alot lately. so a i understanding people are pressing B+C? also how are people doing 720's off atomic Calider.

BB's 5 frame buffering system is awesome.

when i do 5A 720 i start from 4 or 6 and go clock wise from there i'm usually fast enough to mash A before i jump and do the 720 before jump i have to use B+C though...wonder if i use D~B+C how would it work because it won't come out with D~C.

@ heroic colider 720 is fun and all but 5C 720 is surprise man, no one see's that shit buffered, they think i would go for a 5D and then....:vbang:

colider 720 makes for interesting tech traps.

BB's 5 frame buffering system is awesome.

when i do 5A 720 i start from 4 or 6 and go clock wise from there i'm usually fast enough to mash A before i jump and do the 720 before jump i have to use B+C though...wonder if i use D~B+C how would it work because it won't come out with D~C.

@ heroic colider 720 is fun and all but 5C 720 is surprise man, no one see's that shit buffered, they think i would go for a 5D and then....:vbang:

colider 720 makes for interesting tech traps.

I did the FA twice yesterday i guess by mistake and then now i can't do 720's but i may be going to much now. How mamy ticks is it suppose to be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEtm5lRvOU

Atomic Collider IS VERY HELPFUL in setting up magnetized 720s. Learn to do it.

Anyway, yeah. After you press the C for the Atomic Collider start buffering 720. You should be done spinning as Tager's hand is pulling back if you tapped it.

AC baits people hard if you barely whiff it. i've caught alot of magnetized opponents running in on a whiffed collider from full screen only to get dragged in the rest of the way with 720.