Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potemtager

[CT] Iron Tager Buffering 360 & 720

I know I can do it but trying to rotate my pad (I use a SF4 fightpad) fast enough while i'm blocking or attacking an actual opponent is pretty tricky for me. ah well. If I can do it in training then I can do it in an actual fight.

I landed 720 today off a blocked 5C. pro which reminds me, it seems like only A and B moves can cancel into his command grabs. is this really the case?

O_O omg this thread is amazing.. so many things i didn't think of lol.. i can only backdash 720 (very rarely) and empty jump 720 >_< so freakin hard XD

I had a guy run right into the ass end of the charged 720, he had no idea that it lingered. :psyduck: Also, the empty jump 720 is actually pretty funny, cause if they dont tech underneath of you and behind you, then they get bustered.

most of tagers strings can be spaced so that you get a whiff 236A 100% of the time. an easy one is like A B C D a sledge will be just out of range. also at pretty much max A range, you can just hit C into A sledge and you are in 720 range. this isnt the BEST IDEA EVER but its good for bating things such as hakumen parry. another somwhat harder whiff setup is simply doing mash A into a whiff 2B, this is a lot harder to react to. i also put a few 720 setups in the RESETs thread which is mostly for resets and not 720 setups in paticular. also the funniest 720 setup ever: after a 720, do whiff 2B or stand B, 720 again if they neutral tech.

apparently the shortcut works for the 720. you can get it like this (looking at the inputs on training mode) 6321478 (first "360") then 632148 (yeah I skipped the 7, though you can replace the 4 with a 7 here) will get you a 720 you probably only need 6 inputs per "360" provided they cover the ones necessary

most of tagers strings can be spaced so that you get a whiff 236A 100% of the time. an easy one is like A B C D a sledge will be just out of range. also at pretty much max A range, you can just hit C into A sledge and you are in 720 range.

this isnt the BEST IDEA EVER but its good for bating things such as hakumen parry.

another somwhat harder whiff setup is simply doing mash A into a whiff 2B, this is a lot harder to react to.

i also put a few 720 setups in the RESETs thread which is mostly for resets and not 720 setups in paticular.

also the funniest 720 setup ever: after a 720, do whiff 2B or stand B, 720 again if they neutral tech.

Absolutely. Pretty much one of the best opportunities I find (and sadly, usually the room-breaking since players leave) is landing a nice 720 to punish teching.

For kicks I like to poke string into a spark in witch the spark WILL be blocked on the ground and then 720. Its a lot of fun. you can taunt into it also. you cant cancel taunts like in Guilty Gear, well at least not Tagars

SledgeB into 720 works best for me but I have to try the block string that you just suggested. Love whipping out the 720 on Drive Spamming Noel's though and Ice car Jin's. Very satisfying

Man well I ave great success with the spark into it I never see it in matches but I rape online with it. I'm sure as I level up this could change, but even air dashing and jumps have a hard time dealing with that set up. They tend to get pulled out of the air just a bit not to get the hit they need. I even do it from 1/2 screen away and hold the 720 as long as possible.

I personally love to do the :abt: -> :abt: -> :abt: -> :bbt: (buffer 720) -> EAT CONCRETE! Works great, most of the time I time it just right to where it won't combo and as long as they don't jump, it connects and they can't tech it. Just one of Tager's neat tricks. Just don't get predictable with it, I like to mix it up by going into sledge from :bbt:, or even :cbt: -> :dbt: just to keep them guessing. Another one that can catch some people off guard (will rarely work on the experienced player) Spark bolt -> Empty jump -> 720 Most of the time they expect for you to combo Spark bolt -> :cbt: -> into whatever. I always laugh when I get someone with that one, because you can see it coming a mile away.

SledgeB into 720 works best for me but I have to try the block string that you just suggested.

Love whipping out the 720 on Drive Spamming Noel's though and Ice car Jin's. Very satisfying

Problem with that is that they can tech out if hit.

Problem with that is that they can tech out if hit.

True but on a Throw counter is unstoppable

720 buffering....... :sweatdrop: I played someone online yesterday that did the 720 buster without jumping or doing a non-jump cancellable move. Is it possible to have a controller programed for 720 buffering in turbo and all he has to do is press the C button? Because I think thats wat he did!!! I play Tager and i couldnt pull off 720 buster that fast!! If i play him again i will record it and post it, to show this cheap shit a had to deal with. :arg:

They probably used the shortcuts. You have to disable those if you don't want people to use them. Keep in mind, however, that it is possible that they buffered it so well that you didn't even notice.

True but on a Throw counter is unstoppable

You're not going to get a throw counter if that SledgeB connects. They will have insane hitstun and if you wait too long to use it after SledgeB to bait a punish, you'll end up jumping anyway. Whiff SledgeB is probably what you're referring to on this.

Ok, I want to settle this once and for all. When can you tech out of the 720 and 360 grabs? I've noticed that when playing and I grab someone in a 720 (not during a combo or block stun, or throw counter) that it will say "Throw reject missed" sometimes. Does this mean it is possible to tech out of it? I know you can tech it during a block stun or combo. I also know it cannot be teched if it was a counter throw. So what's the verdict?

Ok, I want to settle this once and for all. When can you tech out of the 720 and 360 grabs? I've noticed that when playing and I grab someone in a 720 (not during a combo or block stun, or throw counter) that it will say "Throw reject missed" sometimes. Does this mean it is possible to tech out of it? I know you can tech it during a block stun or combo. I also know it cannot be teched if it was a counter throw.

So what's the verdict?

Throw reject misses mean they tried to break a standard throw at some point recently during your block string.

You can only 1 throw break attempt per given period of time. So if you see throw reject miss, it means they tried to buffer a throw break or used a barrier + throwbreak. And you get to make them cry for it.

Otherwise generally the only times they can tech out of the command grabs is during blockstun, Hitstun, or in the crumple state before they shake out of it.

Ok, so just to verify, you cannot tech a 720 or 360 command grab unless it was comboed or you got block stun. Correct?

Throw reject misses mean they tried to break a standard throw at some point recently during your block string.

You can only 1 throw break attempt per given period of time. So if you see throw reject miss, it means they tried to buffer a throw break or used a barrier + throwbreak. And you get to make them cry for it.

Otherwise generally the only times they can tech out of the command grabs is during blockstun, Hitstun, or in the crumple state before they shake out of it.

Throw reject misses mean that they hit B+C more than one time during a breakable throw window, or they hit a button besides B+C. It does not mean that they tried to buffer a throw break or used barrier + throwbreak, it means that your opponent was hitting buttons when you threw them. If they buffered a throwbreak using the 1+A+B+C method, then the throw would have been broken, and it would have never showed throw reject miss.

You can buffer a throwbreak for 11 frames, if on the 12th frame you get thrown, you still have the 5 frame window to hit B+C to break the throw. If it's a combod throw, then you still have 15 frames to do so.

Edit:

@ConHuevosGuey

Correct, 360 and 720 (All command grabs) Are untechable unless you put them inside of a combo or blockstun.

Ok, so just to verify, you cannot tech a 720 or 360 command grab unless it was comboed or you got block stun. Correct?

in the simplest terms, yes. My post doesn't cover the number of frames they have the window or anything like that, its just a general statement to help you understand the basics of it.

You walk up to them, you command grab them without doing anything first, they go for the ride.

Throw reject misses mean that they hit B+C more than one time during a breakable throw window, or they hit a button besides B+C. It does not mean that they tried to buffer a throw break or used barrier + throwbreak, it means that your opponent was hitting buttons when you threw them. If they buffered a throwbreak using the 1+A+B+C method, then the throw would have been broken, and it would have never showed throw reject miss.

You can buffer a throwbreak for 11 frames, if on the 12th frame you get thrown, you still have the 5 frame window to hit B+C to break the throw. If it's a combod throw, then you still have 15 frames to do so.

Listen to this man then, I suppose I'm mistaken on how it works.

To clear up the last bit: You can still get "Throw reject miss" on a non-techable 360/720 if they had buffered a throwbreak before you did it. Heck, you can TRM after the guy is dead... So TRM is not an indicator it was breakable.