Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potemtager

[CT] Iron Tager Buffering 360 & 720

5+0 means, again, that no matter what if you are able to be thrown when the super flash happens, you will be thrown.

I got it 4x today. Humanly possible, yes, but I would say it's up there with Pot Buster FRC 6H: Possible, rare to see one in a real match, and the risk outweighs the reward.

However, I did notice you can kara-cancel Taunt instead of D, for slightly less risk (haha) since Taunt is not in counterhit state.

In fact, you can kara-cancel Taunt into any special - 421+Taunt~B is pretty funny since you still get the Taunt voice.

Thanks, BTW, I do this all the time!

But yes, as has been stated several times before, there is no escaping the 720 once it is out (save for !! or). Either you're on the ground and will get hit or you're airborne or invincible and won't get hit.

However, I think it is possible to super-flash buffer another 720 in mirrors, but I'll have to double-check.

However, I think it is possible to super-flash buffer another 720 in mirrors, but I'll have to double-check.

It's not: 5+0, again. 720 is just a move that's invincible from frame 1, so if you could buffer it you could buffer anything else that is invin, like Inferno Dividaa. There's nothing special about a 720.

I've seen kensk jump-cancel a 6A on block and 720 when he lands. I felt retarded when I got hit by it. Nonetheless, it is a good pressure/throw "mixup" for use every once and a while.

fav. buffers 5c(blocked) x 720 236a(whiff) to 720 (one i learned from here....works great) 5a x 4 5b 720 it makes my smile when people don't back off of a waking Tager.....:v::yaaay:

Been working on the 5A 5B 720 recently, discovered something of partial use. If they are already magnetized before hand and they barrier out of the way, you can kara cancel your 5D into a 720 for a little extra draw in before the flash. Pretty useful. Notation is more like 5A 5B ...720D~C It also helps if you're having timing issues getting just normal 720C to come out untechable, as Tager spends a little extra time charging his fist for 5D. Pretty sweet, pulled it off twice yesterday on a Rachel that was barrier whoring everything.

I personally love training people into blockstrings then canceling to 720 when they IB.

WOW! now thats very mean. you are punishing them for IBing your attacks :psyduck: ? now tager have block/IB mix ups games...

the faces of the opponent must be like this:

I IB YO ATTACKS BWAHAHAHA :eng101: lrn2mixup

*720*

:v: wut?

BUUSSTTTAAAHHH

:vbang:

WOW! now thats very mean. you are punishing them for IBing your attacks :psyduck: ? now tager have block/IB mix ups games...

the faces of the opponent must be like this:

I IB YO ATTACKS BWAHAHAHA :eng101: lrn2mixup

*720*

:v: wut?

BUUSSTTTAAAHHH

:vbang:

yeah, unfortunatly I have to buffer a 720 before I can tell if they got an IB, if they regular blocked I have 3 main options.

Air approach, what I normally do especially if they barrier blocked.

B sledge

360A grab, lol its just slow enough it normally works if they regular blocked, gotta be careful on the timing though, normally hold slightly for me.

if you think your right then say something, its not like they are gonna go to your house and beat you with sticks. -_-

Well maybe you won't...

um guys got a little problem, whats the shortest way to buffer a 720 during backdash? it got somewhere mixed in the thread but i'm short on time, if you guys can help i'd be happy.

I just go.....backdash, then from left (if facing right), I just roll 2 circles till I'm holding up left, if thats what you mean. Mirrored for facing left, but I still rotate anticlockwise, ending up in bottom-right. So just....do the backdash then roll the stick?

Maybe he uses a d-pad, like me. Of course, that'll always make it harder. I can do a backdash 720 with the d-pad on a rare occasion. Not reliably though.

on a arcade stick ace. :(

With a little practice, back dash 720 is extremely easy on an arcade stick, I bet it's nigh impossible on a pad.

If you're on the 2P side facing right:

663214789 6321478 + C

So you begin spinning as soon as you tap the second 6. That's the secret.

If you're on the 1P side, I'm still struggling with this one and I haven't been practicing as much as I should have. I've been doing it counter-clockwise like Isorropia said, which seems to be the easiest way. I guess I just need more practice.

I would say a stick is absolutely essential for good Tager play. Jump in 720 just doesn't cut it, you need IB > 720 and back dash > 720.

If you're on the 1P side, I'm still struggling with this one and I haven't been practicing as much as I should have. I've been doing it counter-clockwise like Isorropia said, which seems to be the easiest way. I guess I just need more practice.

Tofu, I had trouble with this as well, but what I found out is that I can do it consistently if I just swapped my hands (used the stick with my right hand, buttons with left) and do backdash 720 counter-clockwise with my right hand.

I swear it works.

Just hope you're not on a machine where you can see the other player's hands. :keke:

What's the trick to safely buffering 720 on wakeup without getting poked or "teching" by accident.

I just leave the stick neutral, mash A and B until I start neutral teching, start spinning the stick when I see the tech flash, then press "C" about when the tech ends. Neutral tech is invulnerable until it ends, and 720 is invulnerable from the first frame.

If you want to get the jump on people, or you're playing a Tager/Bang/whoever who tends to throw you during your wakeup, it could be better to down tech and cancel to 720 since that's faster and throw invulnerable, but again I find it easiest to just twirl the stick after you see yourself starting to tech to make sure you don't accidentally roll.

With a little practice, back dash 720 is extremely easy on an arcade stick, I bet it's nigh impossible on a pad.

Backdash 720 on a playstation D-Pad is extremely easy. I would argue easier than an arcade stick since you can roll the 360s pretty damn fast. If people are having problems with the PS d-pad then they should try positioning their thumbs different.

For buffering a 720 off of backdash on a stick. I think it is easiest whichever way you are comfortable doing it. If you find clockwise the easiest/most consistent way then just backdash and buffer it, regardless of which way you backdash. You may find it easier starting whichever way you are holding it, but you should have enough time to say move the stick from 6 position to the 4 position to start the 720. I find counter clockwise easier too, but go with whatever you find easiest.

For safely buffering on wake up, just hit the button to get up and then 720. You have enough time when you are getting up to do the buffer and it will prevent you from accidentally rolling.

i'm currently learning how to backdash 720 on the arcade stick and it doesn't feel the same as it does on the controller, so its a pain, gotta make it double click but my hands arent doing it, training myself is hard lol.

Sit in a chair. Put your left hand on your thigh. Using your wrist, tap your thigh twice quickly, palm down. That's a dash to the right, most people can do it easily. Now turn your hand palm up, and curl your thumb slightly. Tap your thigh twice quickly again. That's a dash left, which most people have a hard time with. Learn the motion like this - it's exactly the same, all in the wrist. Happy Holidays!

thanks MZ that helps a whole lot, i can actually backdash facing right although backdash 720 is gonna take some getting used too, gotta train my wrist. i can actually play my other subs now since IADing doesnt suck any more.

I plan on getting a stick soon too, probably after my tax money comes in. But I've picked up Hugo on 3rd Strike to practice 720s and such, granted our 3rd strike machines use Octagon gates and the TE has a Square =/ I plan on modding it anyway. More comfortable on a octagon anyway.

I plan on getting a stick soon too, probably after my tax money comes in. But I've picked up Hugo on 3rd Strike to practice 720s and such, granted our 3rd strike machines use Octagon gates and the TE has a Square =/

I plan on modding it anyway. More comfortable on a octagon anyway.

I some how managed to do a unbuffered 720 with hugo in third strike thanks to my tager practice, ha, the thing that suprised him more was I use wineglass grip cause its comfortable, most circle character players use monkey or that eagle one or something im not sure. The learning curve for 360s on a a wineglass was p. weird though, but its more comfortable and I can be dead accurate with it so.....

Also ewwww at anything but square gates, its weird like once I figured out square I liked it too much.

i managed to do 5A>720 but i can't stop it from purple throwing LOL, must spin stick faster.