Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potemtager

[CT] Iron Tager Buffering 360 & 720

hmm 720 is cool lets see what do i do counter hit a sledge buffer 720 lol i think i buffer a 746527609324 lol then u wait to press c for a while then if there trying to get out of crumple state u catch them :3 what else i 2d 720 a lot its really tricky because people think its slow on recovery but if it hits, the block stun is cool then they try to mash something and u catch them or if there trying to be smart u atomic collider into more cool tager shannanigans

a real question though 6a into 360b no matter what i try it usually ends up a purple throw or i jump ive seen videos were they do it and i dont see what im doing wrong maybe im doing it to fast? if i do it any slower theyll see it coming :P

a real question though 6a into 360b no matter what i try it usually ends up a purple throw or i jump ive seen videos were they do it and i dont see what im doing wrong maybe im doing it to fast? if i do it any slower theyll see it coming :P

If you are getting a purple throw then you are doing it too fast. Just practice the timing. Basically you need to wait until he is done dragging them in. They will see it coming if you keep doing it, so don't do it every time you use it. You can do a lot of different moves out of 6a and it can be jump canceled so just keep them guessing, but you will always run the risk of them guessing that you are going to go for a 360, just part of the game.

Not to mention 6a can be jump canceled so you might be able to squeeze in a jump in but beware of the dpers like Ragna. Sometimes I buffer this in while I am getting hit so that any delay in their moves leads to a 720.

Don't stop using jumping 720s, do it every now and then (especially online), people tend to brush it off as something only beginners do. Just throw in some j.A spam after your 9 input, after a j.B, etc. So long as you do this rarely, people will rarely expect it.

This isn't the optimal way of doing it, but it's good to be unpredictable w. your 720s. Make them feel like you can throw in a 720 anywhere at anytime, because you can. Paranoia can lead to some fun stuff.

If you are getting a purple throw then you are doing it too fast. Just practice the timing. Basically you need to wait until he is done dragging them in. They will see it coming if you keep doing it, so don't do it every time you use it. You can do a lot of different moves out of 6a and it can be jump canceled so just keep them guessing, but you will always run the risk of them guessing that you are going to go for a 360, just part of the game.

It's fine if you do it a couple of times, if they start to jump then start using AC. Heck if you're ready for say a shoryuken punish or something you could even do 421B and buffer in a 720 or something.

It's fine if you do it a couple of times, if they start to jump then start using AC. Heck if you're ready for say a shoryuken punish or something you could even do 421B and buffer in a 720 or something.

This is a bad idea don't do this.

But yeah jumping 720s are still good later.

This is a bad idea don't do this.

What is bad? The voltic charge one? It's good if you know what's coming, i.e. a burst or whatever.

You shouldn't do anything at random, there should always be a thought behind it. A lot of stuff factor in, many things you can usually do should not be done if say your opponent has 50% Heat and can RC his or hers attack. It is an option that works so long as you know what you're doing.

What is bad? The voltic charge one? It's good if you know what's coming, i.e. a burst or whatever.

You shouldn't do anything at random, there should always be a thought behind it. A lot of stuff factor in, many things you can usually do should not be done if say your opponent has 50% Heat and can RC his or hers attack. It is an option that works so long as you know what you're doing.

Yeah the Voltic charge, you could just block/backdash instead...that is why its bad, your adding unnecessary risk for little reward. Plus its not immune to lows, so if you try it and they don't do anything panicy, they will just low poke you into combo.

Yeah the Voltic charge, you could just block/backdash instead...that is why its bad, your adding unnecessary risk for little reward. Plus its not immune to lows, so if you try it and they don't do anything panicy, they will just low poke you into combo.

Blocking and backdashing is slower and can also get punished, just like the voltic.

It's all a gamble, even trying a 360 or AC after a 6A is a gamble. Very little you do with Tager is really safe.

I'm not saying everyone should do this, or even 1/5 of all Tager players should do this. I'm merely bringing this up as an option, since it works if you use it properly and guess correctly just like a ton of stuff you already do with Tager, nothing more. If you don't want to use it, then don't.

Blocking and backdashing is slower and can also get punished, just like the voltic.

It's all a gamble, even trying a 360 or AC after a 6A is a gamble. Very little you do with Tager is really safe.

I'm not saying everyone should do this, or even 1/5 of all Tager players should do this. I'm merely bringing this up as an option, since it works if you use it properly and guess correctly just like a ton of stuff you already do with Tager, nothing more. If you don't want to use it, then don't.

No...thats wrong. blocking / IBing a DP(or another wakeup option) is always safer, but not flashy. Also harder to buffer a 720 off of, but very plausible.

It was brought up earlier,all a point blank charge covers is a random DP(with no meter) and a random burst...backdash does both of these, but it additionally punish's random DPs with meter(can't RC a whiff), its also alot trickier for them to punish you if they decide to just stand up.

The only time I could see you doing a charge close range, is to punish someone bursting during your combo.

A fancy charge thing that is useful, is when you do 2C(CH), 5C,6A,2C,collider or whatever you do, you can do 2C(CH),charge,5C,6A,2C,collider...whatever, it can be useful to build a bit more spark meter.

No...thats wrong. blocking / IBing a DP(or another wakeup option) is always safer, but not flashy. Also harder to buffer a 720 off of, but very plausible.

I didn't mean that you should block DP with voltic, that's too risky. Besides, I prefer to IB since I may want to sneak in a 720 or D counter with Hakumen.

It was brought up earlier,all a point blank charge covers is a random DP(with no meter) and a random burst...backdash does both of these, but it additionally punish's random DPs with meter(can't RC a whiff), its also alot trickier for them to punish you if they decide to just stand up.

Backdash and blocking is slower, since you don't cancel the 6A into anything. Like when they IB block it.

The only time I could see you doing a charge close range, is to punish someone bursting during your combo.

That's what I tend to use it for (but sometimes you don't need to if you have 50% meter). I like canceling.

A fancy charge thing that is useful, is when you do 2C(CH), 5C,6A,2C,collider or whatever you do, you can do 2C(CH),charge,5C,6A,2C,collider...whatever, it can be useful to build a bit more spark meter.

Well you should generally try and charge whenever you can, so long as you don't get punished for it.

FYI, VCharge actually has another advantage: When they touch you, they go through extended autoguard hitstop, but Tager doesn't go through any hitstop at all. What that means is if they hit you with something, and you let go of the button at the same time, most/all of the recovery of the Charge is during the opponent's extended hitstop. For heavier attacks, this can actually let you do your command grab much earlier in the recovery of their attack, compared to IBing.

This lets you punish certain attacks (Jin's 6D, for example) that you otherwise can't, plus since they can actually get stuck in hitstop it can allow you to do 720s that they can't even RC->jump out of.

FYI, VCharge actually has another advantage: When they touch you, they go through extended autoguard hitstop, but Tager doesn't go through any hitstop at all. What that means is if they hit you with something, and you let go of the button at the same time, most/all of the recovery of the Charge is during the opponent's extended hitstop. For heavier attacks, this can actually let you do your command grab much earlier in the recovery of their attack, compared to IBing.

This lets you punish certain attacks (Jin's 6D, for example) that you otherwise can't, plus since they can actually get stuck in hitstop it can allow you to do 720s that they can't even RC->jump out of.

How do you even find this stuff out :psyduck:

this is why mike z>most dustloop mods.

i have to give this shit a try.

Well, Magna Tech Wheel works the same way, which is why sometimes you can see the other person RC way before the flash but they still can't block it.

I honestly thought more people would notice this...

Well, Magna Tech Wheel works the same way, which is why sometimes you can see the other person RC way before the flash but they still can't block it.

I honestly thought more people would notice this...

I guess some have, but it slipped their minds. I remember seeing it a long time ago in a couple of vids.

Well anyway, now people are aware :keke:

i didn't notice this and i just tested it, now i got new ways to piss people off online.

Good stuff from my knee grow Pasky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmEe0dC679g

He may not be the best Tager (and he admits it lol) but he sure made me laugh. I know it's nothing new. He also made a video explaining how he does it (if you check his videos) in BB:CS. But I don't think I can post the link for obvious reasons when you see it. So check it out for yourself. It's definitely possible in CS also, although he told me the timing on it is more strict in CS.

Basically he explained it like this:

:f::df::d::db::b::ub::u::uf::f::df::d::dbt: (HOLD) :db::b::cbt: (HOLD) :ub::u::uf::f::df::d::db::b::ub::u::uf::f::df::d: (just continue spinning until you see it)

I've been practicing the walk-up GETB and I can only get it like maybe 4/10 tries. When I do get it, I'm hitting that first rotation extremely fast. Feels very awkward, still funny how he got that two in a row in a real match.

Impressive stuff, but he could've buffered the 720 in both of those situations. Standing 720 is considered impractical for a reason.

I agree, I just think it works so much for him (he said he got around 15 people yesterday playing goofy online), is because he isn't very good and when you see someone do stuff like that, I guess you assume he must not know Tager's moves/mixups/followups and you're just gonna counter and then he busts out the Tager squat and gets you with GETB.

Like how he did spark volt and just kept walking forward, I guess the other guy thought he froze up and didn't know what to do haha when in reality the other guy did exactly what HE wanted lol.

It's just a gimmick, I mean obviously if he played the guy again he'd be aware of it.

Although, he showed me another video where he played a Tager and the other guy did a 2D mid screen and Pasky did the GETB on reaction and grabbed him. Probably one of the few moments where it is sorta practical. I bet it would work on ragna's rush attack also. I was impressed, but for some reason that video isn't up anymore.

I'm curious now, how did MikeZ do the GETB here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-42iG6aLvQ

@ 4:40

It looks like he buffered it during that gadget whiff he did. technically you only need to hit the up directions once to do a minimal 720, must've done it then.

22D 147896321478C?

Incidentally, that's actually the only time I've seen Tager get guard crushed.

Yep, and if you need more time, 22[D] 720 ]D[ C. Gadget recovery is 16f, plenty of time to get a 720 out there since you only need to hide that first Up, like Manta said.

Trying to do standing 720 (or anything fancy, really) on AI sticks just gets you killed.

not too hard..just gadget finger then do 720 really quickly...most practical use is off magnetized 360A because almost all people will roll backwards...and the gadget finger whiff will pull them in and the 720 can catch them before they are able to get out of the teching motion