Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

Grand Viper in Accent Core FAQ

i kinda got the perfect formula if you ask me i mash like the first 4-5 hits then stop and sol usually goes for the rest of the hits and its clean like 80% of the time usually it depends where your opponent's body is so his last hit sweet spots

Oddly GV is mashing with timing. Annoying isn't it? Mash too fast and stop you might still not get the clean hit. Mash too long and the same thing can happen.

There's no "standard" way to pull it out 100% of the times. Each player uses his metod, but once you find out what mashing technique/timming works fine for you, you can get it 99% of the times. It's just a matter of changing that timing depending on the number of hits you use to gatling into the GV itself.

:b::f::b::f::b::f::b::f:/:s:+:h:

This works perfectly fine for me, I just start mashing the second after I input the command and try to stop mashing at the right time.

If I try to start mashing when I see that GV hits, if it was a random one, I actually fail more than if I gattled it in.

Pulling off a 8 hit GV is hard on the D-Pad, cauz I jam my fingers on the Directional buttons. But on the rare occasion I pull it off I give myself a well deserved pat on the back. I think it's time I buy myself a new Hori Stick cauz I may have arthritis in the joint of my left thumb.

Sol player should definitely get a stick. But, when I was playing on pad, I put the joint of my thumb on the left arrow and the tip of my thumb on the right arrow and just jiggle my thumb fast. Worked well for me.

Yeah I tried that one time but my thumb is a little too big for directional buttons. The most I get is 5 hits when I'm not doing it right. Gotta put that Hori stick on my wish list for the holiday season, cauz god noes I need the money for gas its like 4 dollars a gallon. Especially with the gas guzzler of a truck I've got.

Safest times to do Grand Viper IMO: -5K/5S Gatling land either close or far... -6H Stagger (first or second hit lands) -Projectiles and moves such as: Stun Edge, CSE, Sacred Edge, Low Stun Raise FB (has to be close and high enough to go under), Stinger, Dark Angel, N.B., Butterfly, Ghosts, Ririri Scalpel Thrust, Robo-Joust, Robo-Bazooka, "predicted" Dandy Step. Correct me if I'm wrong guys but what else can GV go under/punish?

Sol player should definitely get a stick. But, when I was playing on pad, I put the joint of my thumb on the left arrow and the tip of my thumb on the right arrow and just jiggle my thumb fast. Worked well for me.

I find it harder with the stick,I prefer the D-Pad.Never was any good at Arcades personnaly,I never really had time to practice on them lol.

But Yeah I place my thumb on the left as soon as I execute and I know its gonna hit,then jingle between left and right with my thumb,workd beautifully for a 6-8 Hit Grand Viper.

I don't play Sol, but I did happen to mess around with him in training mode tosay thanks to random select. I found my own crazy method of getting this clean hit GV. It depends on how many hits you do before you do gv I think. Like say you combo 2k,2s,2h,gv. You would mash until the 3rd hit of GV and Sol will finish the rest and get the clean hit. So if you do 4 hits before GV, mash like hell until the 4th hit of the GV and you'll get a clean hit. It works fine for me. And now to never play Sol again.:vbang:

it is really the height your opponent is at when the last hit strikes them. each hit adds a bit more height, and then the 2nd to last hit launches before sol punches them. i assume that if you mash in too many hits at some point, the opponent gets too heavy for it to be a clean hit.

^Try my theory and see if it works. I want an actual Sol player to test it out. Also, why didn't u go to SB foo? I was wanting to play you.

Honestly, I was playing Survival Mode last night with Sol and nailing Clean Hits like 90% of the time...then again I felt safer doing it with Yellow RC+Full Tension Bar+Tension Increase. @Luigi: Grand Viper isn't the kind of move that links well after a long Gatling String IMO, number of hits has got nothing to do with it. I've gotten Clean Hits on a 7-hit Grand Viper to be honest. It's either positioning, or you rev it so that Sol goes "underneath" the opponent (i.e. his back slides under them as they roll over his back). Best prep for that, damage-wise is 6H (either hit is automatic stagger). To prove my point about positioning though, you don't need to mash at all, just do Wild Throw on Ky and do a light Grand Viper, Clean Hit for free (though Sidewinder is better in that case).

I was just using those strings as examples. Ok, sa you do 2k-2h, GV. After you land the 2h, mash until the end of the second hit of GV (i.e the 4th hit of the combo). Sol will finis the rest of the FULL GV by himself and you get a clean hit. This way has been pretty full-proof for me. So if you did 2k-2s,2h, GV: Mash until the end of the 3rd hit of GV (or the 6th hit of the combo). Sol will finish for you and you get a clean hit. I just tried these in training mode to be sure, and I got it every time.

I was just using those strings as examples.

Ok, sa you do 2k-2h, GV.

After you land the 2h, mash until the end of the second hit of GV (i.e the 4th hit of the combo). Sol will finis the rest of the FULL GV by himself and you get a clean hit. This way has been pretty full-proof for me.

So if you did 2k-2s,2h, GV: Mash until the end of the 3rd hit of GV (or the 6th hit of the combo). Sol will finish for you and you get a clean hit.

I just tried these in training mode to be sure, and I got it every time.

I tried this, with no luck. How are you mashing? S-H and 4-6? Any specific rhythm or timing? If I could fully mash GV, I might pick up Sol again... (I'm on pad, though, so maybe that's the problem. But still, this is damn annoying... I hate it when I mash as hard as I can and get four hits...)

I couldn't get Luigi-Bo's method to work either when I tried it, but I've gotten mashing on pad down anyway. Just put your thumbs in the middle of the d-pad and buttons after putting in GV, then circle around each rhythmically. Your thumb should just slide across the buttons/directions (the order I do is something like 236S > slide to P > slide to K > slide to H > slide to S > etc). Be careful not to get an accidental RC though, eventually once you get it down you can start mashing with fewer buttons to reduce the risk of that, but it's probably easiest to start by sliding across all 4 buttons in a circular motion, making sure not to hit any 3 at the same time.

Sol can combo into grabs in GG. You just have to do it from something that induces stagger. And RC whatever it is as well. @1:34 Sol combos into Wild Throw. It's an obvious waste of meter but you get the point.

How would an air grand viper would work? He did it in that extra video in gallery mode. Could it just be the same but at the end Sol just knocks you down instead of up?

He's a semi-old question for you guys, what would be the trick to doing Grand Viper on a PSP D-Pad?

I was just using those strings as examples.

Ok, sa you do 2k-2h, GV.

After you land the 2h, mash until the end of the second hit of GV (i.e the 4th hit of the combo). Sol will finis the rest of the FULL GV by himself and you get a clean hit. This way has been pretty full-proof for me.

So if you did 2k-2s,2h, GV: Mash until the end of the 3rd hit of GV (or the 6th hit of the combo). Sol will finish for you and you get a clean hit.

I just tried these in training mode to be sure, and I got it every time.

This is genius! That absolutely worked for me. I mash quick up until the 2-3 hit of the grand viper and just let go. Sol took over from there. The mash window must end just as the extra hits of GV start. >< Nice find man.

Edited by Tritan

Sign in to follow this