Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

Grand Viper in Accent Core FAQ

This is genius! That absolutely worked for me. I mash quick up until the 2-3 hit of the grand viper and just let go. Sol took over from there. The mash window must end just as the extra hits of GV start. >< Nice find man.

Let me know if I am understanding this correctly. After you start GV, you have a small window to hit as many inputs as possible. Like you said about to the 2nd or 3rd hit, then you can stop mashing. And Sol will finish the rest of the move? If this is true, I won't have to mash like a crazy monkey on my stick. Another plus if this is true is that it would make RC'ing the GV into WT if they happened to block the move. Build up the Guard Meter and get a very satisfying SW loop.

You can mash through the whole thing -- the window isn't really that small -- but it may result in GV's clean hit not connecting. If you did a raw GV, with no prior moves, mash through the whole thing. If you did a couple of moves before starting GV, stop mashing sooner, like 2nd or 3rd hit.

And the mashing seems crazy at first, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad.

Ah ok. Now I got it. It applies if it was combo'd into. Would've been cool it worked that way too. I usually mash through it all the time. On stick I just rotate the joystick(I have an octagon gate) and just tap my fingers on the top 3 buttons: K, S, and HS. I roll my fingers as if I was tapping them on a table waiting impatiently for something... like +R. lol

Here's a question I got, would hitting Dust with the mashing part help add to inputs?

I wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't recommend using more than two buttons actually, or using the Dust button at all -- I wouldn't want to get accidental RCs or bursts. I play pad, but I basically do 360s and alternate quickly between pressing S and H.

The way i do it is counting the hits, and as for the mashing i wiggle the stick from 4-6 and piano k,s,h

i input 214 s then start the wiggle and the piano before he starts performing the actual GV (As soon as he crouches to the ground) to get my rythym

So off raw GV is stop 'mashing' at the seventh hit and the 8 hit is the Clean hit. From 1 hit into GV (ie. 2hs GV) i mash up to 8 hits and the 9th hit is Clean hit. Off 2 hits (ie. 2k 2hs GV) i mash up to the 9th hit and the 10th is a clean hit and so on and so forth...

This method works for me like 95 percent of the time

So I've been trying to come up with a list of moves you can GV on reaction to punish. Also ones that aren't necessarily guaranteed on reaction, that they have a way to escape getting hit but it's still good to know. Any I'm missing?

Baiken: grapple arm (guaranteed)

Chipp: senshuu overhead kick (guaranteed)

Faust: scalpel stab (guaranteed)

Jam: puffball/FB puffball (can do low kick/cross behind)

Johnny: super after flash (guaranteed)

Ky: 6H (guaranteed), stunedge/charge stunedge done within range (can FRC, forcebreak orb)

Order-Sol: lvl1 rock-it (guaranteed)

Potemkin: 6H (can FRC), hammer fall (can FRC, P cancel)

Robo-ky: ground rocket (guaranteed)

Sol: bandit bringer (can FRC), bandit revolver (can FRC)

Slayer: dandy step (can FRC)

Venom: dark angel done within range (guaranteed), charged horizontal ball (can P cancel)

Zappa: 6H (guaranteed)

After 5D startup begins:

cannot GV under on: Bridget, I-no, Justice, Kliff(works but no CL), May(hold D), Millia, Robo-ky, Slayer(hold D), Testament

can only GV early on: ABA, Dizzy, Johnny, Sol

can only GV late on: Ky, Axl

can GV anytime on everyone else: Anji, Baiken, Chipp, Eddie, Faust, Jam, Order-Sol, Potemkin, Venom, Zappa

on ABA, I tried GV after blocking the first hit of Danzai/FB Danzai like we used to be able to, but now you no longer go under the 2nd hit. It got a hitbox buff and reaches lower now apparently :v:

EDIT: added lvl1 rock-it, thanks Tsak

EDIT2: added Chipp's Senshuu, dusts, random normals

Edited by VR-Raiden

on ABA, I tried GV after blocking the first hit of Danzai/FB Danzai like we used to be able to, but now you no longer go under the 2nd hit. It got a hitbox buff and reaches lower now apparently :v:

Well, that sucks. What's the proper way to punish it now? I'm guessing VV works fine, but I'm wondering if there's anything better.

Well, that sucks. What's the proper way to punish it now? I'm guessing VV works fine, but I'm wondering if there's anything better.

Well I was trying other options. We can still do VV, but if you arent close enough the knockdown won't reach, I guess you might have time to dash but didn't try that yet. From farther we can get f.S into FB Fafnir to knockdown at least.

EDIT: ok you do have time to dash VV, gotta be really quick though.

Edited by VR-Raiden

if OS is doing predictable RIs you can GV under that on reaction pretty much (lv 1 only though)

I'm planning to work on a GV tutorial/combos/uses vid soon, so look forward to that. If anyone has anything they think should be included post up.

Thinking of going over how to clean hit and when it should be used for combos, then show example combos and moves you can GV on reaction/anticipation.

Sign in to follow this