Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TekkamanArk

Clay Fighter (2016)

I played it during the SNES days and enjoyed it. But when I played it now, I realized how terrible the engine is and how cheap the CPUs can be when they have low health. My favorite is the Blob and his only good design was in the first game. He didn't look good in the sequels. I don't understand all these people saying his buzzsaw move is cheap. You can actually crouch under it. At least with the Blob, I didn't test all the other characters. Are there any characters that can't crouch under the buzzsaw move? I know the cpus doesn't crouch under it. If the other characters can do it, then it was pointless to nerf it in the tournament edition.

The remaster will include the best of all the previous ClayFighter games.

This can only mean great things.

Great. Things.

On a more serious note, Clay Fighter 1 was SF2 with SNK combo theory. C2 was practically the Sailor Moon Fighter. 63 1/3 was Killer Instinct with meter. So the inclusion of anime mechanics continues the series tradition of taking things from other games. Therefore, this is finally America's answer to Chaos Code.

Get pumped.

I remember going to the (now long-defunct) local Blockbuster back in the day to ask if they had Sculptor's Cut. I was disappointed when they didn't. I really shouldn't have been.

I never knew the game has combos like that. The game is so balanced because everyone has an infinite.

Woah, This just made my day 1000x better. I would never have expected this tbh, I remember they tried reviving the series a few years back, but that game never came out. I think it was just going to be a port of sculptor's cut to 3DS though.

Announcement trailer (I guess...?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N5zw6YOe2k

Ha.  Well, if they're going to emphasize comedy and mindless fun with this, then my interest is piqued.  There are enough serious fighters on the market as it is.  Never been a Clay Fighter fan, but if this game can make me laugh then I'll at least check it out.

I never played ClayFighter but I want to try it. My buddy who says the game terrible is bringing over his SNES to play a few rounds.

If it's really bad as some are saying it is, fingers crossed for this game. Lol