Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potemtager

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Iron Tager

I keep trying to do score attack but I keep getting beaten by Tager. As from the title you can guess who I used. After that I trained against him at lvl 100 for a while and he still seems to dominate me more than I would like. He likes to spam the Tager throws and he knows how to phase out of my moves. But the weirdest thing is I swear I've seen him hop foward, which I know is impossible for him. So If anyone has any advice or experience on the situation I would love to hear it.

this area of the forum is generally reserved for people to talk about player vs player matches just so you know

Hop forward = him magnetized and backdashing while you do 5D or something. It's actually very useful against another Tager, but yeah - asking for help vs. the CPU is a bit unusual. :^)

Sorry about that. I figured If I can't beat the COM, what are my chances against P2? I'm in a situation where I can't play online for about 1 week so I have not had a chance to play online yet. Mabe I'm being a little to impatient with my own level of skill with this game. None the less I'll be more mindful in the future.

Found a couple things. feel free to double check them on block you can 360A (or either super) between 5C 6A 6A 236A 5C 236A I think only supers can interrupt, I can't slip in a 360A

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to 360 a B sledge...it's slower than the A one after all also, since we all know Tager's anti air sucks you can use this against himself heh

Slower attack does not mean it can be thrown after block, It's a higher level with more block stun and less recovery. If you aren't IBing it he does recover first. If you do IB, I think he can beat the 360B with a 360A.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to 360 a B sledge...it's slower than the A one after all

also, since we all know Tager's anti air sucks you can use this against himself heh

Yea you can 360 a B Sledge, just the opponent seems to have 20 years to break the throw even on block. Same goes for Emerald Tager Buster.

what the flip are you talking about? I'm talking about throwing him OUT OF the 236B with a 360. you can't break a 360 in this situation

My mistake, I misread. I thought you meant 236B into 360. Not 360 out of 236B.

Why do we need a thread for this? It's a 10-0 match in Tager's favor xD

In my (admittedly small) experience, this match comes down to who's magnitized, and who makes better use of their super armor. 360A off the bat is gold IMHO.

Online Tagers tend to rage quit when you land a 720, but that's more for getting out of a match than actually winning one.

EDIT: BTW Tiamat, good stuff. Can you 360 a B sledgehammer too, or do you need to IB?

what the flip are you talking about? I'm talking about throwing him OUT OF the 236B with a 360. you can't break a 360 in this situation

Asking whether you need to IB implies you aren't throwing him out of it, but rather throwing him on block.

unplausible

Edit: Orrr I'm just incredibly slow. Upon reflection IB throw is also an alternative to just throwing them, I just found it since it made no sense to short range throw a slow sledge because he would never do it within that range. So there was ambiguity that made me confused about your response.

I figured he just meant doing a normal into 236B, and im pretty sure any normal on block to 236B could be 360ed since the move is so slow

it is normally +3 so even if you IB it I seriouly doubt you can punish with anything

Yeah, I'm dumb. And I'm leaving it there for everyone to see! Errorful frame data originally had 2f. Sweet, BSledge unpunishable by Tager is hot stuff.

you can punish B sledge. backdash 720 :D also i used to hate this matchup until i started playing good tagers, its now far too much fun. when you do a 720 setup only to be counter 720ed! yomi of only the highest calibur in this match folks.

you can punish B sledge.

backdash 720 :D

also i used to hate this matchup until i started playing good tagers, its now far too much fun. when you do a 720 setup only to be counter 720ed! yomi of only the highest calibur in this match folks.

Seems to be the answer for everyone nowadays

Start the match by back-dashing. Since Tager is freakin slow, you can use the time away from him (unless he tries approaching you) to charge up a spark ball. I'd suggest comboing into using it instead of just throwing it out there unless you know the other guy is going to try walking up to you (which he probably won't). Also if you knock them down, Jump!. There are many people online that always fall for Genesic Emerald Tager Buster or Gigantic Tager Driver upon wake up roll and you can always punish with Arm Slam, or something less punishable if they aren't going to do it. Try to get them into a corner cause if they're on the ground knocked down, you can hold out a Genesic Emerald Tager Buster and wait for them to get up, but it's techable. Leave enough room so that if they try to roll left or right, they'll get caught either way and they won't be able to roll behind you (better with Magnetism).

Is it just me or are we spending more time developing strategies against ourselves rather than against, ya know the entire roster? Most Tager matches for me, ends up who can combo throw better and who can keep who magnetized more.

Some of the strategies do apply to other matches too ><. Getting them into a corner and spacing well enough so that they can't escape from Emerald Tager Buster for one :x.

I FOUND THE COOLEST SHIT YO. You can catch tager's backdash with atomic collider XD example situation: 2D blocked if the other tager (who blocked the 2D) backdash he get hit by collider