Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potemtager

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Iron Tager

Does Tager get anything special air throw follow ups on his mirror match? Also, hypothetically... Lets say by some fluke of nature Tager A and Tager B both 720'd on the same frame... what would happen? .... Science?

Lets say by some fluke of nature Tager A and Tager B both 720'd on the same frame... what would happen?

.... Science?

Been there, done that. Nothing happened. We both just stared at each others open palm for a few moments before returning to combos.

Also done it, if you both hold it the 2nd superflash wins. Which makes sense, because it's invincible from startup till the flash, but not after.

Also done it, if you both hold it the 2nd superflash wins. Which makes sense, because it's invincible from startup till the flash, but not after.

Interesting. In the case where I did it, I was the 2nd superflash, and we both held it... but yet nothing happened.. Maybe the magnetism wore off during that time? I have it saved, I'll watch it again later.

Ok just played again 6 or seven matches with ykykck and I'm just going to share my observations. 5D is annoying in block strings, but there's some weird stuff that can happen if it is predicted. Depending on distance and whether they are magnetized you can 720/360 A him out of it, or you can back dash it which will put you Right Next to Him. You can time it late and get counter thrown or something. I had to learn to 360A sledges and 5D's. If you are in range, second super flash wins, and magnetic wheel always beats 720 it seems. Between 2 wheels they will clash, so don't press anything. unless you were the first flash, then Barrier instead? Can we do that? He begins the match in 5A range but 5A will lose to 360A, 360A and 360A will just miss. I've 2D'd him out of a backdash on opening, but I don't know if he messed up or if he genuinely could not dodge it. Back dash otherwise seems preferable. A while ago I tried to 2C the magnetized corridor, but he can time the release to yank you out of the air anyway. Jumping attacks can be generally 2C'd as long as he isn't j.2Cing, which he probably won't be doing if he's approaching with the attack. I don't know how useful that approach is in this match up, but ykykck did it a lot. My only problem was that I would sometimes misjudge the height After the counter hit and not follow up early enough. In the corner, he would do things like air throw whiff then 720. To make sure I didn't try to jump out. I would be getting up at around that time, so I would have just whiffed the corridor I think.

Osuna: do you know who ykykck is by chance? he's really good, is he from SRK or something? I have yet to beat him in a match though I get close a lot of times. -_- also last time I played him I found that 720 seems to be guarnateed vs tager's own backdash if it's done at close range and held, grabs the recovery before you can jump

If you're magnetized, use it to your advantage: - If he does blah blah 5D in blockstrings, backdash 360B is free. - If he does blah blah 5D xx Collider, neutral tech when you hit the floor and you end up back next to him. Just beware the 720 if you do this too often.

If you're magnetized, use it to your advantage:

- If he does blah blah 5D in blockstrings, backdash 360B is free.

- If he does blah blah 5D xx Collider, neutral tech when you hit the floor and you end up back next to him. Just beware the 720 if you do this too often.

If he 720's, 360A that shit :v: Works everytime.

Osuna: do you know who ykykck is by chance? he's really good, is he from SRK or something? I have yet to beat him in a match though I get close a lot of times. -_-

also last time I played him I found that 720 seems to be guarnateed vs tager's own backdash if it's done at close range and held, grabs the recovery before you can jump

I just saw a room with space in it that said astralheat.com and assumed the competition would be above average there. Turns out there was one still learning Tager and ykykck. I got close something like 6 times, and beat him once and was totally destroyed once or twice. My problem was that I kept trying to get space to zone after getting magnetized, I sould have just gone for up close magnetized weirdness.

I don't know if he's on that site or not though, the learning Tager was the one who made the room.

I've played him in one of my SCIENCE! rooms. He's got a red/gold connection but whenever I play him it drags. like, "buffer a throwbreak during blockstring, and jump to avoid his 720 attempt only to watch as I flail wildly in the air trying to airthrow, instead of smacking him in the face" dragging. Still, very good tager. I'd love to play him or MikeZ again. Tager mirrors are surprisingly fun.

This matchup feels so amazingly awkward to me... Feels like both Tagers spend 90% of the match backdashing and punishing.

I'm of the opinion that the ability of a player to do well in Tager mirrors has very little correlation to how well they do against the rest of the cast. :psyduck:

I'm of the opinion that the ability of a player to do well in Tager mirrors has very little correlation to how well they do against the rest of the cast. :psyduck:

I agree, the matchup is very bizarre and I feel you need to use a radically different playstyle when fighting another Tager.

I usually dislike mirror matches in fighting games anyways, but I especially dislike this one.

i thoroughly enjoy this match up in particular, because its basically who is smarter with magnetism. a not so smart tager uses 5C>5D in strings when you have magnet...punish. air happy tagers are annoying, dont get in their J range. jump for gods sakes when they 5D you if you jump attack they cant collider you. neutral tech is god, but its obvious that it shouldnt be ASAP. from my experience if i sledge and it gets blocked then get the fuck out of there 360A will eat you. when i get sledged then 360/720 seems to be all i can do, well back dash to avoid sledge, but most the time im normally the offense tager. missed 720=elbow to combo or J whatever. well i said my thoughts. i love tager vs tager because no matter which tager wins science reigns victorious.

This is the only matchup where it is actually a good idea to be Magnetized yourself if you know how to use it. Backdashing a 5D or 2D gets you an invincible forward dash. Punish 5D with Forward Dash 720 XD

tager jump in's can be beat with back dash 5D. use j.b a lot here its fast and hard to beat.

Felt like I should add some stuff in here. While my friend is not the best Tager around, he still does a decent job, of course, Tager is not his main but there's alot you can learn from others, even if they have little experience. Tager: Here's a funny thing about Tager... Even if you're magnetized, you can use that as an advantage as another Tager player. Down Drive (2D) - There are a number of options if Tager does this. Backdash and buffer into a grab, perfect block it into a grab, super jump and do a 2C. This Drive isn't highly recommended to use, unless you know it'll land or you're facing a newb. Regular Drive (5D) - This doesn't apply as well, however, if you're magnetized and they decide to drag you in, you can kind of close in so they can "suck you in" and backdash to trick them, then punish. Atomic Collidor - This one is actually interesting. Let's say you're magnetized and he decides to drag you in with Atomic Collidor, I'm not sure if I just continued to get lucky, however, by pressing 2C (While in the air), I punished him for trying to drag me in quite a few times. This is especially good if you can Instant Cancel into a combo. Gigantic Tager Driver - This one is pretty simple and kind of applies to all characters in Blazblue and most fighting games in general. If you see Tager trying for a grab, simply jump and punish him for it. Also remember that if he combos into it, you can tech the grab. Voltic Charge - I know that it's odd that I added this one, however, remember that Tager is slow and this stops projectiles. Because he's slow, you get quite a bit of time to use Voltic Charge to your advantage. Also remember, because Tager is slow, his moves are kind easy to see so, perfect blocking them should be a small risk. Know Tager, realize how he works. He has a huge hitbox, take advantage of that and if he's not smart enough, he won't realize that he can backdash a Regular Drive move and you can suck him into your traps.

In my admittedly noobish experience, nothing works better against another Tager than a (air) 2C (RC) -> long, nasty combo. Like Tiamat mentions, Tager's anti-air sucks. So take advantage of it, especially the (air) D to magnetize, and the (air) 2C. Gonna have to try that 360A off the bat. Ha!

Felt like I should add some stuff in here.

While my friend is not the best Tager around, he still does a decent job, of course, Tager is not his main but there's alot you can learn from others, even if they have little experience.

Tager:

Here's a funny thing about Tager... Even if you're magnetized, you can use that as an advantage as another Tager player.

Down Drive (2D) - There are a number of options if Tager does this. Backdash and buffer into a grab, perfect block it into a grab, super jump and do a 2C. This Drive isn't highly recommended to use, unless you know it'll land or you're facing a newb.

becareful using 2D they can still throw you even on block, hell i 720 a tager who was gonna 720 me after i blocked it..if you 2D..in my opinion dont use 2D.

Regular Drive (5D) - This doesn't apply as well, however, if you're magnetized and they decide to drag you in, you can kind of close in so they can "suck you in" and backdash to trick them, then punish.

if they magnetize you then punish these moves.

sledge B: 5D beats it hands down be early though...easy combo.

5D back dash rape.

360: jump! you cant back dash a 360 magnetized.

720: jump and elbow him! do it for the people!

J.bullshit: back dash 5D or colider works solid here, you'd be surprised at how many people got into 5D combo's *slurps.

atomic collider: if your in the air then J.2C if not then sledge to get closer.

Atomic Collidor - This one is actually interesting. Let's say you're magnetized and he decides to drag you in with Atomic Collidor, I'm not sure if I just continued to get lucky, however, by pressing 2C (While in the air), I punished him for trying to drag me in quite a few times. This is especially good if you can Instant Cancel into a combo.

i addressed this. =3

Gigantic Tager Driver - This one is pretty simple and kind of applies to all characters in Blazblue and most fighting games in general. If you see Tager trying for a grab, simply jump and punish him for it. Also remember that if he combos into it, you can tech the grab.

if your not magnetized then you can back dash it.

Voltic Charge - I know that it's odd that I added this one, however, remember that Tager is slow and this stops projectiles. Because he's slow, you get quite a bit of time to use Voltic Charge to your advantage.

sledge your ass in if he wants to charge or charge it yourself..

Also remember, because Tager is slow, his moves are kind easy to see so, perfect blocking them should be a small risk. Know Tager, realize how he works. He has a huge hitbox, take advantage of that and if he's not smart enough, he won't realize that he can backdash a Regular Drive move and you can suck him into your traps.

ok im done.

ok im done.

I'm generally skeptical of your advice, and I leave it alone, but: you certainly can backdash a 360 if you're magnetized. 360B isn't active for nearly long enough to get a backdash, and 360A you can get around if you can guess when they'll release it. (It's not like Sledge Followup, which you can't backdash at all since it's active for longer than you are invincible.)

As for 5C->5D->BSledge, you can 360A between the C and D even without instant blocking...and you can always backdash the Sledge and 360B.