Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potemtager

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Iron Tager

I'm surprised you can't 720 on reaction to 720... or at least, I can't get it to work...

You can counter if you KNOW it's coming at least, thanks for those tips.

Edit: Well, I can't say I'm totally surprised, since it would really suck if you could.

Holding is the way to go against magnetized tagers often because so many become predictable with backdashes. With that in mind you can delay a majority of moves to make them hit with so many dependant on backdashing

I'm surprised you can't 720 on reaction to 720... or at least, I can't get it to work...

It's not possible on reaction to the superflash, anyway. Tager's superflash for the 720 occurs on the first active frame rather than before, so there's no time to react with a super of your own or a DP. If there was, it'd really be pretty weak.

the best thing about holding 720 is it will still grab them the first possible frame anyway... might as well hold since your ass will almost always get punished if they predicted it properly to begin with.

the best thing about holding 720 is it will still grab them the first possible frame anyway... might as well hold since your ass will almost always get punished if they predicted it properly to begin with.

I like to hold it for as long as possible just for those times when your opponent fucks up and jumps into your hand when they could have easily punished.

this has to be the easiest match up to win, just becareful with the jump in's tager can 2C you into a CH 4k combo. step 1. step back. step 2. ??? step 3. win.

step 1. step back.

Yeah, until Tager rushes your ass down into a nice crazy mixup. Whatcha gonna do when Tager runs wild on you?

6A puts you in block if you are walking back off start, so you'll have to watch between two overheads, 5D, sledge, leapfrog, or a low. Or, 360 to possibly reset range and force you to do something.

Match is not as easy as you say. Especially when you get jump whory and they just collider you for free. And when you're grounded, you have to know the holes to 360/720s through. Outside of that, it's a matter of who's tech traps land first.

Yeah, until Tager rushes your ass down into a nice crazy mixup. Whatcha gonna do when Tager runs wild on you?

6A puts you in block if you are walking back off start, so you'll have to watch between two overheads, 5D, sledge, leapfrog, or a low. Or, 360 to possibly reset range and force you to do something.

Match is not as easy as you say. Especially when you get jump whory and they just collider you for free. And when you're grounded, you have to know the holes to 360/720s through. Outside of that, it's a matter of who's tech traps land first.

or who can control magnetism better and I mean both ways, when you are magnetized and when you have your opponent magnetized.

I've seen some Tagers get magnetized on purpose just to bait 5Ds and get a forward dash into 360B or 720.

tager can't rush down so thats crossed out lol.

5A beats most things you said, you can 360A 5B or get hit by it then punish the sledge B which they will do, tager 101 5D>236B, and most tagers won't hit low, i think only mcsoap uses lows alot, overzealous tagers don't think about 360s much or when to bait them.

yeah it is your over thinking it, and step 2. was ???.

meaning your method could be anything if it works, if your high jumping tager then you risk CH 2C more than colider in some cases, does real damage, good damge for the risk, and if your in tagers face then he can't colider you for whoring, once you get in there then they are gonna worry about the 720, sometimes they see it coming, sometimes they don't.

stop over thinking heroic.