Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

Sin vs. Millia

I just thought of this at work and can't test yet:

Does Beak Driver anti-air/nullify/beat hairpin when she jumps in?

It has that potential but you'd have to do it VERY early to get it to do that and in some angles it wouldn't work or it might trade. Ultimately, in most cases I would backdash/dp/6p before I tried to 236H, though it should be able to cancel out hairpin for sure. It even cancels out the hit of El's grenades.

Something I have been messing with and just thought I would check here to see if people agree that its viable. Every Millia player will release her Delayed ring then either go for bad moon or run low, either way 9/10 times they are pressuring you, I can time hawk baker to start on wakeup. The timing is strict but completely doable, the bad thing is that there is no real follow up, no matter what I try nothing connects, the only real success in this option is you break up her attack and give you that room that you need.

I just hate blocking on wakeup and am always trying to find an alternative to turn the tide.

Just a heads up for Milia you're not forced to block her Tandem (the disc okizeme). The disc never hits meaty and disappears on block so your options are :

- DP hits any mixup done before the disc actually hits.

-High Jump (preferably with FD for setups in which the disc hits early because we never know) or mash can beat classic DP baits( mash beats blocking at range, while high jump beats backdash baits. backjump is beaten by jump rapidfire jP)

Here's the thing though : while most of the okay Milias will settle with the disc oki. the better Milias actually learn how to setup Secret Garden okizeme (the blue orb), which is a bit harder and more situational, but incredibly more aggravating for the one eating the mixup than the disc. Secret Garden doesn't disappear on hit, meaning that our DP and Dead angle lose to this horribly, and she still has many mixup opportunities (she can do up to three high lows in a row from this). You just can't disrespect it, so if a Milia ever does this oki on you, just wiggle your controller and pray you blocked everything right.

You can superjump Blitz into the Secret Garden to get out. That is the universal answer for it after that is up to you to read the Meta game right.

Here's the thing though : while most of the okay Milias will settle with the disc oki. the better Milias actually learn how to setup Secret Garden okizeme (the blue orb), which is a bit harder and more situational, but incredibly more aggravating for the one eating the mixup than the disc. Secret Garden doesn't disappear on hit, meaning that our DP and Dead angle lose to this horribly, and she still has many mixup opportunities (she can do up to three high lows in a row from this). You just can't disrespect it, so if a Milia ever does this oki on you, just wiggle your controller and pray you blocked everything right.

This is partially true. Aside from the fact Milia can chase you (which is how the okizeme works as you said, since it doesn't hit meaty), Sin's slow wake-up makes it incredibly hard to do consistently without the orb ramming into you again once the invincibility ends and forcing you back on the ground, even  when she doesn't commit to anything.. This is still the only answer to her oki though, thanks for pointing it out  !