Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

Sin vs. Bedman

Someone, any one? This is a matchup that has been giving me problems. They seem to want to play keep away with their replay moves and its tourture. I have been trying to punish them for the teleport counter on VD but even though I know what they will do and when they will get there I still can't seem to win that exchange. If anyone has tips I need help with this one.

This is a matchup in which you'll have to be very patient, as both characters can't approach the other unless one does a mistake

-Don't grow impatient when dealing with his 236P/j236P :  eating it means he can start his offense and get is okizeme going, and you're not going anywhere against his plethora of safe-jumps. You can jump/leap over the head, Beak driver it to cancel it while hitting Bedman if he follows it, and sometimes Elk Hunt under it. Just get sure you're not getting blown out by is 2/3H for doing so : blocking/dodging the head fullscreen will just allow him to get a few inches closer,which is not that bad, so play it safe most of the time

- If a replay sign is near try to erase it if Bedman is not there to protect it. If it's farther away you don't need to go near it and can let it expire (aside from the 236x series, his signs don't hit that far away from him. On neutral, replays can be annoying, but they will never give him a good edge over you since they are relatively slow.

-Punishing his counter dash is finnicky, especially now that he teleports farther away from you. On VD you just need to learn the proper timing to do so. if he goes through something like Beak driver, don't hesitate to use your meter to make yourself safe !

-Task A' mixups (teleport head) are manageable if you understand how they work : here's the gist of it : Bedman teleports at the place the head hits : if it hits your back, he'll get behind you, and if he hits you on the front, he'll teleport in front ouf you. This means that once you get used to it, you can tell where he'll land. Even if Task A' is +8 he'll have to leave a hole in his pressure if he wants to avoid triggering cross-up protection, and that means an occasion to DP/blitz/jump out/ backdash !

-If you manage to get a knockdown, rush him down like crazy. Bedman's defensive tools, aside from his backdash, and incredibly risky forward dash (if you call out one of them, 2H/2D punish it)  are really limited, and his 8-way dash doesn't allow him to get out easily. On top of that, a lot of our normals have better priority than his, so all of our + on block tools really shine here, Since special cancels won't be needed as much, you can crank up RISC relatively easily without spending too much calories ! All of this also means more opportunities at getting mixups and scoring a knockdown, which lead to more pressure opportunities.

That's really the gist of it : rock solid patience. Inch slowly towards him and get some hits( you don't even need your bigger combos ) : Get the life lead and lame him out and force him to take risks to get on you to increase your life lead ! If you get your knockdown, make him yield with your pressure options to make sure he won't have any opportunities to run it back ! Just avoid rushing carelessly or taking unecessary risks, as Bedman is quite good at capitalizing from your mistakes !

I would just add Bedman to the list of characters to never ever use Voltic Deign on unless you know it will hit meaty. Punishing his teleport is hard. If you input your counterattack too early then it will come out from the wrong direction and miss, but teleport recovers extremely fast and Sin lacks fast normals. 

I'm not a fan of this match-up, thank goodness that Sin has damage to make up for his losing neutral. You have no choice but to play a ground game but Bedman's air-to-ground approach is outrageously strong. Fish as hard as possible for a knockdown with Beak Driver and then crank the hell out of his guard gauge. 

Just to add, his j.H, the Buzzsaw, is 6 hits and they're all high, so don't change your block too early. To make matters worse,its pretty safe to burst and dead angle because he'll just land and block. I just stopped trying, because every time I tried I'd get a blocked burst into suffering. Maybe if you burst on the first hit or something. Bottom line, just block it, count the hits, and change your block/burst/dead angle when he lands.

TK Beak driver from midscreen will get him to stop jumping in as much, but yeah otherwise its just fish with beak drivers. Also backdash yrc is pretty good at making him whiff.