BananaKun

[P4AU] List of issues with the wiki's frame data

Off-hand then, but Liz's 5AA and 5AAA are incorrect - they currently use her P4A images (which are now 5BB and 5BBB).

Marie's presents could use a bit of breakup between the images (maybe just say what attack is beneath each one).

Margaret's IK should probably use an image that shows the attack on the screen instead, rather than her cut-in, to give a better idea of what the attack looks like. Same goes for Junpei and Yukari.

Rise is still missing 5D's image.

Off-hand then, but Liz's 5AA and 5AAA are incorrect - they currently use her P4A images (which are now 5BB and 5BBB).

Marie's presents could use a bit of breakup between the images (maybe just say what attack is beneath each one).

Rise is still missing 5D's image.

I removed the wrong 5AA and 5AAA images and added 5AA and 5AAA to the list of missing images

I added captions for Marie's bag pull specials

And I made Rise's 5D image use her 2D image for now.

I think for Rise, I'll re-do them this weekend using a fullscreen size showing the starting scan line point. Her D moves were hard to capture because they're all the same but the scan line orbs start somewhere different.

I'll get the IKs too.

Edited by Pssych

Few more issues:

Rise:

Damage values missing for 2C, Platinum Disc (D and SB versions), Arrow Rain

Damage for note detonation for Rock You! missing

Marie:

Damage values for AoA, "Dance, Fallen Angels", Memories of Grief, Shining Arrows missing

Startup values for all presents missing

Ken:

Damage values for 5AA, 5AAA, Gigantic Impact missing

Startup values for Gigantic Impact, Fire Breath missing

Recovery frames for Mediarama missing

Adachi:

Lots of startup values missing

Naoto:

Snipe > 6D data missing (it's in the frame data, just not on the main page)

Okay so I'm going through some things on Adachi's frame page and I went to the Cancel part of the frame data.

What's the notation for it? For example, Junpei's 5AA has "CJSO" and I'd like to know the details about it so I follow the right notation.

Is there a legend for it somewhere?

Okay so I'm going through some things on Adachi's frame page and I went to the Cancel part of the frame data.

What's the notation for it? For example, Junpei's 5AA has "CJSO" and I'd like to know the details about it so I follow the right notation.

Is there a legend for it somewhere?

I don't know what is the C in "CJSO", but J means jump cancelable (look at the frame date to see if it also works on block), S means special-cancelable and O means OMC-cancelable.

The J will be in () if it is only jump cancelable on hit and i checked around the wiki doesn't seem like there is a legend for this but i think the C means gatling cancelable

hover over the column names...

is this not a standard feature people know? where would you put it to not make it obnoxious?

I don't know what is the C in "CJSO", but J means jump cancelable (look at the frame date to see if it also works on block), S means special-cancelable and O means OMC-cancelable.

C is cancellable into some other normals. S means cancellable into supers, but not specials (for instance most DPs).

Akihiko has a star for Kill Rush-followup cancels.

I don't know if we need one for cancel into itself on whiff. W or something?

Hello, I've been visiting the site for quite some times, but only now I've decided to create an account.

If we're talking about "issues" with the wiki's frame data, well, there's an obvious one that I haven't seen being reported... at all.

May someone have the kindness to explain why every single hitbox link gets me a "404 page not found"? This problem was also seen in the BBCP page too.

Is Dustloop subjected to some sort of embargo on the P4AU sprites or something? I'd like to know, because it's a bit weird that P4AU sprites are missing, while the P4A sprites are still available, not to mention that seeing the hitboxes for the new game would be helpful.

May someone have the kindness to explain why every single hitbox link gets me a "404 page not found"? This problem was also seen in the BBCP page too.

Because we don't have hitboxes yet. We can't really use most of the old ones because some drastically different (Yosuke's jA, 5D/jD, DP, etc)

Because we don't have hitboxes yet. We can't really use most of the old ones because some drastically different (Yosuke's jA, 5D/jD, DP, etc)

I understand that you cannot use the old hitboxes, but the fact that you can click on the link, only to get a 404, is a little misleading.

However, I've heard that the P4AU sprites weren't easily found, or if they were ripped and published, ASW and Atlus were sending "cease & desist" orders to take them down. Have you guys heard of such a claim? If so... maybe you should be careful about it, just sayin'.

For instance, I can find the P4A sprites easily, without trouble, on sites that publish sprites... but the P4AU sprites are much rarer and harder to find.

I understand that you cannot use the old hitboxes, but the fact that you can click on the link, only to get a 404, is a little misleading.

However, I've heard that the P4AU sprites weren't easily found, or if they were ripped and published, ASW and Atlus were sending "cease & desist" orders to take them down. Have you guys heard of such a claim? If so... maybe you should be careful about it, just sayin'.

For instance, I can find the P4A sprites easily, without trouble, on sites that publish sprites... but the P4AU sprites are much rarer and harder to find.

Fuck DMCA and other Copyright claims, serioulsy, those things are a damn cancer.

My understanding is that ASW doesn't want hitbox data to be readily available, but I guess it was a recent enough change in policy that it was allowed in P4A. When UNIEL got released on consoles a hitbox viewer was made available but it got instantly shut down.

Just noting that Buttface has been adding frame advantage values for Marie, while I edited Narukami's wiki page after bace did some testing that caused him to shut off his console.

Just noting that Buttface has been adding frame advantage values for Marie, while I edited Narukami's wiki page after bace did some testing that caused him to shut off his console.

Shut off his console? Why?

Shut off his console? Why?

Because Narukami is a well-designed character.

When j.2A is done as low as possible and the opponent is crouchblocking, j.2A>5A is a true blockstring on crouching opponents.

Edited by mixedmethods

we don't have hitboxes because no one has extracted that data.

we also don't have sprites for teh same reason outside of a few. if anyone has a link to more sprites, i'd really appreciate access to them to make images for the wiki :)

we don't have hitboxes because no one has extracted that data.

we also don't have sprites for teh same reason outside of a few. if anyone has a link to more sprites, i'd really appreciate access to them to make images for the wiki :)

On the Shin Megami Tensei wiki there is a sprite of Marie before she throws her cards during Shutupihateyouyoustupidjerk i actually posted this a while ago but i think the sprite only came out at 2x1 pixels

Wait, I fucked up my notes while bace was testing. It's not the 5A>jc j.2A, because that makes no sense; it's the j.2A (lowest height) > 5A that's the blockstring. The 5A > j.2A is still a very strong anti-Fuzzy string, and exactly how plus on block it is on the wiki.

Values for dash cancels on block and certain frame data seems to be inconsistent/missing entirely based off of what I've seen in general on most pages. For example, I've seen Minazuki's 5A listed as +1 and 0 on block on the wiki and frame data page when it turns out its actually -2 on block based off of evernotes made by YMST and messing around with it myself. Lots of dash cancels on block haven't been added so thats another thing I could probably swipe off the JP evernotes for 1.1 and add them since I'm pretty sure YMST's data is accurate. 

General evernote I am refering to: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s520/sh/dae53a3a-330f-4060-bee4-8c0da6b69e36/7245afcf3b1813afa88d591745de4b5b

Thanks for posting that evernote Doonpa. Since i had time, I've gone ahead and added the dash cancel frame advantage data for everyone to the wiki with the exception of Margaret who's info seems to be unavailable.

Chie's Power Charge A is not frame 1 invuln; now corrected on both pages based on Colpevole's estimates.

If Teddie's Tomahawk missile super still notes that it has invuln, that needs to be changed as well.