Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dot_Nova

Potemkin vs Zato

It's horrible.

on defense:
-I don't suggest you purchase real-estate at round start until you first diffuse eddie the 1st time. Once you do, you must make the best out of that short time to chase him and either kill or cripple zato so that he can't afford the life points to do ballsy shit like attacking w/o eddie out.

1) Get used to the exact range of invite hell. If he starts the round by positioning himself for a long range invite hell, wht you can do depends on where you blocked the drill:

-A). if the drill you blocked is closer to your front most of the time, expect zato to follow it up with eddie 236]S[ from the drill's puddle. In this scenario, you can either mash 2P as soon as you block the drill to wipe off the puddle (if you're lucky you hit eddie coming out of it) or block both attacks then mash 2P. Either is fine but the 2nd is usually safer. When you use 2P to diffuse eddie, it's best to cancel that into a special to close the distance.

-B). if the drill you blocked is closer to your back, then you cant mash 2P since it doesn't have hitboxes that far behind pot. A safe bet is to block eddie's followup 236]S[ then the pushback will allow 2P to reach eddie. Another option since you're blocking anyway is to instant block the 236]S[ then reverse megafist to hit eddie.

-C). a risky option after blocking the drill hammerfall to guard eddie's followup hit then carefully go after zato while leaving eddie behind. It's a risky option because zato could push you back to eddie but he's in a bad position himself because even if he chooses to fly instead of fight, then eddie will diffuse by starvation.

2) if you're stuck in zato's farSlash, 2Slash gatlings and he intends to push you into the long range drill's range, just mash flick. You can also mash flick even if you're not blocking the gatlings (unless you're in counter hit or crouching state)

3) learn to instant block the last hit of eddie's buzzsaw. It opens the option of backdashing, blitzing or sometimes grabbing zato's followup.

on the offense:

1) While jumping in, if you baited zato trying to blitz your meaty and you have 50 tension, you can end the round with counterhit 2H HFB 5H 632146H 6H.

Holy shit, I'm dumb. I didn't realize all this time that 2P does NOT erase puddles.

-zato's giant shark head super is not pot buster invul

-zato does not have enough invul frames on his backdash against safejump S or H if you time it properly.

Once you see eddie turning into a landmine, expect to get hit by an unblockable setup when it goes off. Thankfully the zato you're playing against is not ogawa and there's a chance he can fuck up executing it

1) The 1st hit of eddie's mine is the only low hit. You can expect / guess to either block high then immediately low or vice versa
2) You sometimes have the opportunity to jump and block both attacks in midair if you spotted eddie turning into a mine too late if you recognize the setup.

3) lel wakeup reversal mirror super if you have that much meter

-zato does not have enough invul frames on his backdash against safejump S or H if you time it properly.

Zato has 7 frames invul on his backdash while Pot's j.S and j.H only have 6 active frames.

Zato has 7 frames invul on his backdash while Pot's j.S and j.H only have 6 active frames.

Oh, my bad then. Well no wonder my partner was able to backdash it once out of a hundred times. I guess from now on I don't need to make my safejumps against zato super spot-on since the only things you're doing it for is against reversal gold burst and shark head super which both have bad startups.