Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dot_Nova

Potemkin vs Elphelt

So far what I've got on this matchup:

6P - Even less useful than normal because she can alter her jump trajectory and timing in too many different ways.

FDP - Almost completely useless as it doesn't actually get rid of the grenade and a smart Elphelt player will be following their grenade in and most likely hitting you out of FDPs startup.  

At least we make a nice meaty punching bag that's harder to drop combos against. -_-

I'm kinda just looking forward to grenade changes in 1.1. We might not even NEED FDB at that point. Well, unless it works like Eddie and absorbs the hit and Elphelt can still just follow the grenade and not get hit. But then there's blitz shield changes too.

... uh, not that that helps anybody right now.

Let's see, I feel like I've been annoyed by Elphelt enough times to have learned something worth pointing out. Maybe my footsies game just blows but I feel like she's got a lot of good normals at short-to-mid range where if you're pressing buttons at the same time, you're gonna just get counterhit. Once she's got you blocking it seems like she can just blockstring you until she doesn't feel safe about it any more, at which point she just jumps away, probably chucking a grenade in your face in the process. Anybody know anything exploitable about her pressure, assuming there isn't an exploding grenade sitting on top of you? Like, maybe some key places to instant block.

I'm kinda just looking forward to grenade changes in 1.1. We might not even NEED FDB at that point. Well, unless it works like Eddie and absorbs the hit and Elphelt can still just follow the grenade and not get hit. But then there's blitz shield changes too.

Let's see, I feel like I've been annoyed by Elphelt enough times to have learned something worth pointing out. Maybe my footsies game just blows but I feel like she's got a lot of good normals at short-to-mid range where if you're pressing buttons at the same time, you're gonna just get counterhit. Once she's got you blocking it seems like she can just blockstring you until she doesn't feel safe about it any more, at which point she just jumps away, probably chucking a grenade in your face in the process. Anybody know anything exploitable about her pressure, assuming there isn't an exploding grenade sitting on top of you? Like, maybe some key places to instant block.

I guess in theory a lot of the moves that are likely to end her strings range from kind of unsafe to quit unsafe.  The issue is that there's almost certainly going to be a grenade on top of you.  The game has been out long enough that shitty Elphelts who end ground pressure in 5HHHHH of Bridal Express have been weeded out.  As I said in theory 2H and 2D can be punished.  In practice it's kind of tricky.

So far what I've got on this matchup:

6P - Even less useful than normal because she can alter her jump trajectory and timing in too many different ways.

FDP - Almost completely useless as it doesn't actually get rid of the grenade and a smart Elphelt player will be following their grenade in and most likely hitting you out of FDPs startup.  

At least we make a nice meaty punching bag that's harder to drop combos against. -_-

So regarding 6P, you're right about it. It's hard to use when she's high in the air because she can use air bridal so we just have to wait for that last possible moment to fish for it else we might die.

Look to use it after her f.S though because some Elphs like to f.S -> IAD -> air stuff when they're spaced at max range.

Flicking the grenade is an iffy thing as well. But they're also taking a risk if they try to blow it up with 5H. If they're running up to shoot it, block the explosion while crouching and then use 2D to punish. If the Elph doesn't have a habit of coming in to shoot it, feel free to flick it especially if they're trying to use it to cover their air approach since the missile will hit them or if the grenade is too low to ground for them to shoot it.

I usually just try to IB everything and fuzzy OS out :V. I personally need to lab more to find specific holes though.

BUT from what I've found from experience:

• 5S and 5H are good for footsies
  • 2D is good to punish whiffed moves and for ground footsies( like 5H)
  • A preemptive megafist forward can punish them for trying to play footsies
  • A missile is pretty much a free way in. If they try to jump over it, air grab, heat fist, hammerfall YRC and then punish, etc
  • Fish for slideheads especially if they try to rifle stance or pull/throw grenades on the ground. Just be ready to flick it if they get the throw off or do another meaty slidehead if the grenade blows them up.
  • If shotgun is out try to be as active as possible don't just sit there. IB the lv 1 shotgun then pot buster. It's +1 ONLY IF THEY DON'T RELOAD. Reload makes it -4. Try to FD and jump out. If she tries to use P or S, you'll block it and then try to jump out. If she tries to grab or roll, you'll jump out. You can also mash out of command grab, it's a 16 frame startup.
  • You can't do much against her 6H or 2H. If you IB her 6H far away, you can maybe punish her special cancel with megafist forward. You can't punish anything after her 2H though, you'll just need to watch out for what she does next.
  • And the most important one, when you finally get in DON'T LET HER LEAVE.

a hammerfall break yrc 2d is a nearly guaranteed punish on a whiffed or armored 5H