Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dot_Nova

Potemkin vs I-No

In Neutral:

It's very hard to approach her especially with HCL > VCL killing hammerfall attempts. The best way to approach is to walk slowly watching for HCL and notes and flicking any note that comes towards your way or predicting when your opponent decides to HCL forcing I-No to respect the missile. Note: The flick projectile will not stop the HCL projectile from traveling full screen.

It's very difficult to slidehead I-No as she can TK note and HCL brings her off the ground. Fish for it occasionally but concentrate most of your efforts into getting a successful flick while slowly approaching.

Play this matchup slowly especially if she's trying to zone you out. Punish any approaches she may attempt in neutral that don't have a note or HCL covering her.

In Defense:

It's extremely difficult to block her but keep in mind a lot of the unpredictable mix-up I-No does is not meaty outside of VCL > YRC and note pressure.

- If she tries a non-meaty setup without note, backstep will beat it leading to a free pot buster.

- I-No can catch your wakeup backstep with a late airdash. VCL Crossup > YRC will also mess up your input and punish backdash. To beat an airdash attempt, however, mash 5P, 6P, heavenly, or gigantor to punish her approach. Keep in mind she can also do her air super to bait and punish pot buster attempts or your mash attempts as it's instant after the flash.

- Note: You cannot HFB I-No when she does a normal float dash on your wakeup as she's too low (it's considered a safe jump). You can HFB if you make the right call when she tries to VCL YRC to begin her oki mixup.

You don't have much of a choice but to respect note mixup. If she's really close, you can blitz to get proximity reject on VCL YRC. Keep in mind that the note's number of hits depends on the distance it travels, if she's really close to you and does it, you can choose to blitz or block the 2-3 hits it'll probably have.

On Offense:

There's nothing you can do about her supers. Her ground guitar super is not throw invulnerable, however, it's only 2 frames startup post flash so it's 1 frame faster than potemkin buster.

Once you knock her down though, feel free to go ham as she doesn't have any defensive options outside of blitz and reversal super.