Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

choysauce

Xrd Loke test changes for I-no

I don't have all the notes but here were some changes I remember reading (may not be accurate)

- 2D special cancel window increased

- upper body invul on SM

- CH 5S staggers

- removal of dash cancel from 2H 

I'm sure there were more, but can't remember or find where the sources were.

- STBT HS causes wall stick and is more easy to combo with in midscreen (I guess you'll still need to be CH)

- 2S has more range (it doesn't really help anyway if HCL still whiffs far enough)

- New effect with K Dive in CH (hoping is the same as it was in Slash, that was cool)

- Charge time of Dives are reduced

- Sterilization Method doesn't take CH anymore during recovery

I think it was also mentioned that you can dash cancel a little earlier now (in the first loketest it was removed) and that 2K also has better range.

Actually 2S does not have more range. It has gained more forward momentum which will make comboing into 2D & HCL at further ranges possible/more consistent.

Interesting I didn't realize normal chains can have momentum to them. but with that SOOO glad 2S > 2D will be better. I never trust that 2D will reach lol.

But I do remember universally command grab > YRC won't exist. It'll always be command grab > PRC

and of course the universal blitz shield buff that affects I-no's VCL > YRC

The chain doesnt have momentum but only 2S. It was a buff she gained in +R as well. Lots of normals have innate forward momentum, Ino's 6P being one of them.

Do we know if Sdive still gets something on CH?

IIRC, 2K/2S are getting vertical hitbox buffs so you can't low profile under them anymore.  I consider this a bug fix more than a buff because I thought it was absolutely stupid, just like Kdive and Sdive getting stuff on CH now when they didn't before.  They already prorate, and Sdive scales really hard on top of that, so why do you only get a combo when RCing an air hit?  Just adding more forced prorates on top of prorates.  Air Hit Sdive > RC > optimized combo is like 80 damage.  We get more damage off of a ****ing throw RC, and it's not like it's airthrow only either.  :vbang:  Anyway, having Elphelt roll under 2K was bogus when considering she could also roll through Desperation and Fortissimo because of the projectile invul.  Glad that's gone.

Any mention on if any of the dives get extra properties when fully charged?  Any mention of Hdive being different like in the 1st test?

Any mention of how the extra active frames affect SM (if they're still there)?  Did they come out of startup or recovery?  I'd love it if the grounded version started on frame 17 so I could throw bursts out of shit like 2S.

STBT-H buff is huge.  CH 5H now leads to massive unprorated damage in the corner (CH 5H > STBT-H > j.D > VCL > loop), and CH 2H is almost as good (has the prorate though).  It might not be as easy to fish for compared to +R because we don't have the same f.S (it's -9 instead of +5), but you bait them into going over or under your pressure, then CH 5H if they try to go under.  It also helped more when the threat of CH 6H scared people into trying to go low...

The buff should also help with 5D corner combos.  Pretty hyped for the new STBT-H.

IIRC, 2K/2S are getting vertical hitbox buffs so you can't low profile under them anymore.  I consider this a bug fix more than a buff because I thought it was absolutely stupid,

Does this help 2P vs little Eddie?  2K takes him out fine but I'd love to have the option to use 2P sometimes

Do we know if Sdive still gets something on CH?

CH S Dive causes a ground slide that can lead into a combo but only in the corner according to Hasegawa. cl.S can connect, and possibly 5HS too but he didn't test that.

During the 2nd loke test I wrote that K Dive got a new effect on CH. Apparently it causes a ground slide like S Dive but Hasegawa said nothing seems to combo from it. Even in the corner CH K Dive > cl.S won't work.

Any mention on if any of the dives get extra properties when fully charged?  Any mention of Hdive being different like in the 1st test?

Charged K Dive: causes ground bounce (from the 1st loke test; haven't seen anything that says it was removed but no one has really talked about this)

Charged S Dive: causes a longer ground slide than on CH. According to Hasegawa, in the corner it's possible to do BnB into VCL, HCL RRC > max charge S Dive > STBT-HS (wall splat) 5HS jc j.HS KDive

As for H Dive it seems to be back to normal. It's possible that that something has changed but I haven't seen anything yet.

- removal of dash cancel from 2H 

Damn is this true? Why would they do that :(. When I heard they removed dash cancel from normals (before they put it back in) I tested if you could 2H counter hit and hover dash (non dash cancel) for a follow up and it does work, its just tighter than 2H and dash cancelling out of it. 

Damn is this true? Why would they do that :(. When I heard they removed dash cancel from normals (before they put it back in) I tested if you could 2H counter hit and hover dash (non dash cancel) for a follow up and it does work, its just tighter than 2H and dash cancelling out of it. 

Even if that's true, you could already do that in previous games without the dash cancel and the height requirements back then in order to hit the opponent with a normal during her hover dash (best proof of it is that you can't use j.HS as a mixup tool anymore).

Even if that's true, you could already do that in previous games without the dash cancel and the height requirements back then in order to hit the opponent with a normal during her hover dash (best proof of it is that you can't use j.HS as a mixup tool anymore).

What?!

Who said you can't use j.H as a mixup tool anymore? The timing has changed that is all. Hit j.H after the peak of the hoverdash as you begin to fall. Looks the same as +R and is even better since you can choose to make it hit if you want by pressing j.H on the ascent.

Was the dash cancel ever actually a cancel? or just a buffer?  From what I could tell, it really just felt like a buffer.  I don't think it actually shaved off any cooldown frames off of her normals.

What?!

Who said you can't use j.H as a mixup tool anymore? The timing has changed that is all. Hit j.H after the peak of the hoverdash as you begin to fall. Looks the same as +R and is even better since you can choose to make it hit if you want by pressing j.H on the ascent.

What I mean is that before if you had a successful knockdown far enough you could use j.HS in their wake up to make them believe they will get hit by it but then you'll use 2K after falling and keep going, this doesn't work in Xrd anymore since you don't need to be that high in order to connect normals during hover dash, if you want to that now you should do j.HS almost immediately after starting the hover dash, this was not necessary before and you can just replace it with j.S if you want (like U-Zen does pretty often).

Obviously, despite of this loss the fact that is easier to do normals now during her hover dash is still a buff.

What I mean is that before if you had a successful knockdown far enough you could use j.HS in their wake up to make them believe they will get hit by it but then you'll use 2K after falling and keep going, this doesn't work in Xrd anymore since you don't need to be that high in order to connect normals during hover dash, if you want to that now you should do j.HS almost immediately after starting the hover dash, this was not necessary before and you can just replace it with j.S if you want (like U-Zen does pretty often).

Obviously, despite of this loss the fact that is easier to do normals now during her hover dash is still a buff.

Of course it works. Just do it as I described in my previous post. Also, timing it as they are waking up is another way way of making it easier if you are having trouble with the timing.

What Mynus means is that to get the "whiff j.H" you have to stop in the air a little bit, hit j.H, so that it'll whiff.

at the height in +R you can make j.H come out to whiff going out of the hoverdash. In this version you usually get j.H to hit directly out of hoverdash.

so again you need to hover dash > neutral > j.H in order to get the old +R j.H whiff