Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkChildOfLight

Is this game dead on arrival?

Where is everybody? UNIEL released in the USA Feb 24th and EU Feb 27th.

I started playing this game March 6th.

Today is Mar 14th and I decided to try playing a Ranked Match for the first time.

Its a saturday and I tried playing between 10-11am. In a popular game there would be alot of people online to play against.

I was not able to find a game I could play. Less than 5 possible matches showed up and all of them bad connection. This was without any filters on the search.

I tried waiting in training mode aswell and didn't get matched up.

In player match there are very few lobbies every open. I've hosted a few myself and thats how I've gotten by these last two weeks. And even there I just see the same 10 names everyday.

My goodness - shouldn't the place be a bit more busy? For a game that just came out this is astonishing. I get that some people got it early from Asia but come on now. This game is being sold on the USA and EU Playstation store now. Why isn't anybody biting? Its a really great game.

I feel like I've wasted the last two weeks trying to learn the basics. I should have jumped into Ranked Mode the day I got it.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Sigh

It might be the flow of the anime fighting game community, unfortunately. People flock over to the newest thing, but in UNIEL's case it's more of the fact that it might be a bit too foreign for some people and/or it just didn't get enough spotlight (probably the latter). But yeah, UNIEL's community is a ghost town.

You two must be logging on at very unfortunate times. Speaking as someone who's been with the game since August, it was a ghost town for a long while prior to the localized releases, but its been very lively ever since for me. I've had practically no trouble ever finding matches in the past few weeks, and--as some of you might now--I've hosted a number of lobbies myself in recent weeks and they pretty much always get great traffic.

It's not bursting at the seams or anything, but it damn sure isn't doa or ghost town status as things stand.

Well, it's early in the morning. I'd just wait until later in the day. I fought a few okay connections and logged off. The game isn't going super strong or anything but its not bad.

It's not exactly lively, but yeah ghost town might have been an over exaggeration. I've been online at points where I find some decent matches and other times I don't. I do wish for this game to be a bit more popular though.

I don't know.. usually in the afternoons on weekends I find a decent number of lobbies.. I usually expect to see lots of lobbies on weekends.

Yeah, game is gasping for air. It's been this way not too long after it was downloadable the first time.

UNIEl barly has tournament presence. Once final round and few tournament run it, it'll gain some momentum. 

I have had some pretty good success finding games in UNIB. This is in the middle of the night and filtering out anything below 3 bars. In contrast, if I load up BBCP(or try to find "local" games in GG Xrd) at any time I can sit in an empty room for an hour. This is fine for me since I enjoy UNIB a lot more anyways. I do wish the online was a little livelier but it is what it is for the moment.

I guess, try not to get discouraged. You might find some people to play with sooner or later.  You could always coax some friends into getting into it with you.  It's a pretty fun game.

This one is more of a quest for me, learning my first charge character and learning UNIEL as a whole. I want to know how to use everything before even bothering with getting online. I'm tired of going in not knowing anything. I couldn't even see how bad I was at AH and I'm stuck as a masher in BB because of laziness. No more.

That's probably not the best time, and I think a lot of people who play the game got the Japanese version a while ago. I know I haven't played it online for some time -- since before Xrd was released.

EDIT: I didn't notice that this is four days late. I think this sub-forum is a bit dead.

OP you're in EU so I'll leave this here first http://mechagsplays.com/
people gather for online rank battles every Tuesday and Friday is a voted game

and I agree with post #2, there's been a few anime fighters coming out. DFC... still new! and Xrd is out so expect the anime community to be scattered. Doesn't help when your friendlist can't be seen due to PS3 PSN not getting updated.

I've since been able to get a few games in here and there. But the connection is pretty bad, even in EU lobbies. This game is close to death but not completely dead yet.

I've since been able to get a few games in here and there. But the connection is pretty bad, even in EU lobbies. This game is close to death but not completely dead yet.

I can understand connection, usually when you get bad connection with people in your region, you can just assume that they're not using wired. (thats from my POV when I get laggy players in NA)