Magaki

[Xrd 1.10] Elphelt Video Thread

GGXrd_Header_Video_Thread.png

• This thread concerns Elphelt 1.10 only. Not Elphelt 1.0 . For 1.0 videos, post them in their respective thread.
  • You can discuss about videos here if you feel like it but please don't go overboard.

[info="Matches"]

:AXL:

[collapse="vs Axl Low "]

[/collapse]

:BED:

[collapse="vs Bedman "]
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Abe (BE)

[/collapse]

:CHP:

[collapse="vs Chipp Zanuff "]
03/19 Niito (EL) vs Dora (CH)
03/21 Suke (EL) vs Jonio (CH)
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Jonio (CH)
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Yuusuke-chin (CH)
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Endou (CH)

[/collapse]

:ELP:

[collapse="vs Elphelt"]

[/collapse]

:FAU:

[collapse="vs Faust"]

[/collapse]

:INO:

[collapse="vs I-No "]
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Otouto (IN)
03/21 Suke (EL) vs Osca (IN)
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Osca (IN)

[/collapse]

:KYX:

[collapse="vs Ky Kiske"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="vs Leo Whitefang"]
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Satoge (LE)
[/collapse]

:MAY:

[collapse="vs May"]
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Himi (MA)

[/collapse]

:MIL:

[collapse="vs Millia Rage"]

03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Nakamura (MI)
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Karinchu (MI)

[/collapse]

:POT:

[collapse="vs Potemkin"]

03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Konsomme (PO)

[/collapse]

:RAM:

[collapse="vs Ramlethal Valentine "]

[/collapse]

:SIN:

[collapse="vs Sin Kiske"]

[/collapse]

:SLY:

[collapse="vs Slayer"]

03/19 Fumo (EL) vs Taka (SL)

[/collapse]

:SOL:

[collapse="vs Sol Badguy"]

[/collapse]

:VEN:

[collapse="vs Venom "]

03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Keiichi (VE)
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Kamego (VE)

[/collapse]

:ZAT:

[collapse="vs Zato-1 "]

03/21 Suke (EL) vs Akroma (ZA)
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Akroma (ZA)

[/collapse]

[/info]

[info="Notable Players"]

[collapse=Sharon]
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Suke (EL)
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Trust (SI)
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Satoge (LE)
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Otouto (IN)
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs NOB (SO)
03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Nage (FA)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Fumo]

03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Ogi (SO)
03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Sendu (SO)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Niito]
03/19 Niito (EL) vs NOB (SO)

[/collapse]

[/info]

[info="Other Videos"]

[collapse="Combo Video"]

[/collapse]

[collapse="Other"]

[/collapse]

[/info]

New matches uploaded by Goldenrody. Added several comments concerning a few thing worth mentioning.

03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Suke (EL)

You can see in this match that the shotgun loops still really hurt and are pretty much the same.
Berry relaunches are the same too. Interesting use of shotgun in neutral by Sharon but most of his 236H cancel could easily be mashed out of. Interesting mirror match I would say.

03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Trust (SI)

At 4:00, you can see the grenade bouncing off thanks to Sin's 6P. 

At 5:03, you can see Sin DPing and making the grenade misfire. Sharon was however hit with a CH so he probably didn't wait to check whether the opponent blocked it or not and pressed a button resulting in him getting CH.
That kinda confirm what I guessed. Now, our pineberry oki will mostly be something like knockdown>2P toss>wait a bit by holding 1>press buttons.
The small delay by holding 1 will block reversals if done on wakeup. Otherwise, it means they blocked it so you can do as usual.

At 5:12, unblockable shots are still a thing it seems. Level 1 shot still sucks though.

At 5:20, you can see the pushback change on air Bridal CH. Pretty cool buff. Looks like you have the perfect spacing to go straight into 2H combos now. Not sure if it's high enough to do j214K CH>236H>Powered SG-H. At least, we can go into unblockable loops with j214K CH>dash 2P>5P>cS>etc

Rather disappointing match however. Sharon's neutral was far from being as great as in previous videos. Guess he probably isn't really used that much to the Sin MU. Fuzzy jumps looks great against him however. Any Sin player here able to tell us whether Trust could have dealt with it or not ?

Didn't think about it before but this might be the only matchup where rifle stance in neutral is a great option due to Bedman's movement. With the right spacing at least considering that he can do 3H>jS>j236S now.

(Lol at that team by the way. Sharon, FAB and Kiisha AKA MVP of the X and XX era, most successful Pot and most successful Faust during AC and +R respectively. Yes, Kiisha won more tournaments than Nage despite not playing as much as the latter. Either way, good luck beating that team.)

03/19 Shuumatsu (EL) vs Mugen (SO)
Shuumatsu, the second best Testament is playing her now ? Nice. His player card only showed he played a few matches though and it looks like he's still learning her. Looking forward to his progress.

I think I heard the name Niito somewhere but can't remember where. He was a +R player right ?

Very interesting combo at 3:00. Will have to check if it's a better option than SG-D>Bridal RC midscreen.

Pretty mashy match however.
Dora playing Chipp better than in AC at least.

Niito seems like a very solid Elphelt. Much better neutral and offense than Sharon and it seems quite tough to have a correct read on him. If you wonder why he did so many jump>jH whiff, it's to actually try to air grab a teleport attempt. In +R, it was really important due to Chipp's teleport FRC being very hard to react to and impossible to AA on reaction. Anticipating it is generally the only thing you can do hence why trying to air throw it with a read was one of the safest option when he had 25 tension.

This is not necessary for Elphelt however because every teleport YRC gets beaten by cS on reaction. To be more specific, You will want to do 6S+H. If he teleports above your head with S or H, he will get tagged by cS, if he teleports before/behind you, he gets thrown. Very important OS in neutral against him. Guess Niito didn't know it however.

03/19 Niito (EL) vs NOB (SO)

03/19 Fumo (EL) vs Taka (SL)
Fumo, the Arakune god and one of the best ABA player. Seems he played more matches than Sharon.

He's pretty famous for his extremely aggressive style and tries to do the same with Elphelt it seems. Unfortunately, he did too many mistakes in offense and was punished for it. Looking forward to his progress too !

03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Satoge (LE)
Guess rifle stance is good too against people who really doesn't want to use air FD at all.

03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Otouto (IN)
Interesting match. Sharon was quite predictable in neutral and did some questionnable choices. Like here for instance. Why would you even do backdash 236P when you're not even in throw range ? Was obvious Otouto will take that free GTFO ticket.
jD seems like a very interesting tool against I-no however.

03/19 Sharon (EL) vs NOB (SO)
Very interesting keepaway game in the first round. Pretty sure NOB could have dealt with it better if he was more patient. The reason he switched to grenade toss at some point was probably because he thought NOB would try to get in with dash FD brake thus allowing Sharon to go on the offense.

At 15:21, use of j4P toss into pseudo-unblockable. Small explanation below if you never heard of it.
[collapse]
In every version of GG, projectiles aren't affected by superflash. For instance, if you throw a projectile then do a super afterwards, the projectile will still travel. The thing is that neither player can do anything during a superflash. It means that if you throw a projectile then do a super, if the opponent wasn't pressing 1,4 or 7 BEFORE the superflash, the projectile will hit them thus making it a pseudo-unblockable.

The reason why it's called pseudo-unblockable is because it's a gimmick. Just holding 4 a bit when you see a projectile and the opponent got 50 tension will allow you to block it if a super is triggered.

Any character with a super can do it but to make it worth doing, it's better to throw a projectile then do a super that is a fullscreen projectile.
Ky with charged stun edge>Sacred Edge is the most famous use.
Venom can also hit a ball>Dark Angel at mid-range for the same result.

Elphelt can also do it with pineberry toss>Genoise. 2P toss is used if you want to pull it off mid-range (a bit farther than round start) and 4P toss for fullscreen. j4P toss is much easier however. Either way, pineberry toss>Genoise does 129 damage on Sol with full health which is pretty good. Especially if you want to go for the kill. Also, Genoise is massively + on block so if it gets blocked, you can still use it to get in. 
[/collapse]

03/19 Sharon (EL) vs Nage (FA)

At 18:42, if you wonder why he FD jumped out, that's because one of the biggest risk with j214K is when you get blocked but land in throw range. In that case, chances are quite high that you will be thrown no matter what you do. Especially on IB that removes 4f of blockstun on j214K. Nage here did the 6P+H OS so Sharon did a pretty good read here.

Very interesting sets anyway. Guess that adding Sharon and Niito in the Notable Players list is kind of a no brainer. Not sure about the 3 others though.

03/21 Mikado 5on5
03/21 Suke (EL) vs Jonio (CH)
03/21 Suke (EL) vs Akroma (ZA)
03/21 Suke (EL) vs Osca (IN)

At 1:37, you can see the berry bouncing on Pot's 6P. Looks like the bounce only happens against moves with some invul like 6Ps or maybe DPs which can be quite risky especially on whiff. I wonder if it's possible to RC or cancel if you hit the berry or if it's like Zato's shadow and you can't cancel into anything if you hit it.

03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Ogi (SO)

At 7:02, Fumo used 5P as a counter poke at round start against Sol's fS. Interesting use for 5P. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do after it.

03/21 Fumo (EL) vs Sendu (SO)

At 12:17, that combo yooooooooooooooooooooo !

j4P toss>214K>toss hit>cS>jS>jH>berry explosion>236H>SG-S>236P>SG-H>cS>jS>jD>j4P toss>6H>236H>berry explosion>Powered SG-S>214K>Powered SG-H>SG-S>236P (no oki)

Way too situational and it's better to go straight for shotgun loop or UB loop. Still pretty cool though !

At 13:26, we can see jD's change that can now launch on ground hit. The angle is far from being as good as an air hit. Doubt the combo I mentionned in the change thread will work.
Ohh well, we get a knockdown at least so it's a pretty cool buff.

At 13:39, we can see the level 1 CH rifle shot buff allowing level 1 shot>perfect reload>level 1 shot to combo. Maybe we can get a knockdown if we delay the second shot slightly ?

Adding Fumo to the notable player list.

At 1:37, you can see the berry bouncing on Pot's 6P. Looks like the bounce only happens against moves with some invul like 6Ps or maybe DPs which can be quite risky especially on whiff. I wonder if it's possible to RC or cancel if you hit the berry or if it's like Zato's shadow and you can't cancel into anything if you hit it.

I've seen berry bounced by jabs and Faust f.5S, so it's just a matter of having some priority on the button.

05/23 Mikado 3on3 tournament with 6 Elphelt participating.

Fumo (EL) vs En (SL)

Textbook example of the Slayer matchup. Due to his lack of mobility, he must be the one taking risks to get in against Elphelt. Not the other way around.
Very weird decisions in neutral sometimes though and shotgun to rush in did him more harm than good. Outstanding use of air hitconfirm>236H>SG-S however showing off how good are the rewards she can get thanks to it.

I highly recommend watching it.

Fumo (EL) vs Ain (KY)

At 11:02, very interesting air combo ender using coupling the standard universal air route with Genoise.
...>cS>jK>djS>delay jH>delay jD>Genoise>6H>Genoise.
Interesting to squeeze more damage for the kill.
Due to the combo length and the proration though, jD RC>236H>Powered SG-S>shotgun loop would have been cheaper and much more damaging but this can't be done at the end of long combos so Genoise ender might be the best ender for those.

Very poor performance from Ain though. Lately, he seems to be really not doing well at all. Hopefully, he will get ouf of this slump and show us his excellent neutral play again.

Fumo (EL) vs Fino (VE)

Looks like I'm not the only one thinking that shotgun is indeed a great answer to Venom both in neutral and offense. Neutral rifle doing, once more, more harm than good though.

Fumo (EL) vs Roi (SO)

Textbook example of the Sol matchup. Most likely the only matchup where no matter what, you always have to be aggressive 100% of the time. Unfortunately, Fumo didn't vary his defensive options that much and Roi easily spotted that. Roi was also much better at keeping momentum. Great match overall.

I highly recommend watching it.

DIEchan (EL) vs Sanadamushi (SL)

121 matches and 59 wins huh ? Glad to see that DIEchan is getting into GG. 9 matches and 0 win for the SL player though. He's probably learning him at Mikado which is quite admirable I must say.

Low-intermediate level play though. Only watch if you want to compare his progress later. Considering he's in the same team as Isa and Koichi and the 3 play Persona, I would guess that they both made him discover Xrd and are teaching him how to do shotgun weddings. Pretty sure he will catch up fast.

DIEchan (EL) vs F (SL)

Looks like DIEchan knows how the SL matchup looks like. Though, he still lost mostly because the Slayer player was much better than him. Still was hard for him to win.

Isa (EL) vs F (SL)

At 10:36, for people struggling with shotgun pressure, that's how SG-P stagger looks like. Don't forget though that shotgun pressure isn't that great against Slayer due to BDJC FD.

Very sub optimal conversions and hitconfirms though.

Isa (EL) vs Dominon (ZA)

Sharon (EL) vs Otouto (IN)

At 2:52, unblockable setup off a j214K CH with meterless followup. Unfortunately, that's the UB setup that doesn't hit meaty. Still good to know.

Sharon (EL) vs Maroshi (PO)

Sharon showing the use of rifle + pineberry in the Potemkin matchup... That once again results in Sharon losing momentum and rounds because of his overuse of it.

DIEchan (EL) vs Ogi (SO)

Good example of what happen if you want to zone or stick with the ground too much against Sol.

Koichi (EL) vs Ogi (SO)

At 4:09, for people who think that Judge Better Half is amazing, you can show them that video and how this resulted in the Elphelt player losing momentum and thus the round.

Koichi (EL) vs Sharon (EL)

At 7:02, if you're thinking of or trying to add air throws in your game, keep and definetely this spacing in mind because that's exactly her air throw range. To be more specific, if the opponent is at this range and higher than you, the air throw is guaranteed.

You might be thinking this time "Damn, how come rifle is actually so rewarding in that matchup.". And the reason is that neutral rifle does have a very specific use in that matchup: Calling out pineberry plays. If the opponent gets a pineberry and toss it, they get hit CH generally and you get a knockdown allowing to gain momentum. If they don't and do a poke afterwards to call down a rush attempt, they get hit CH too. If they FD once they see rifle without tossing the grenade, they are in blockstun for a while and need to get rid of the pineberry fast or it will explode and give you knockdown. Which again, can result in a potential CH for you.
That's why pineberry in neutral isn't that great in this matchup. It generally loses to heavy rushdown but it also loses to rifle play.

Very interesting match overall though, it's a bit messy but I recommend it.

Sharon (EL) vs Isa (EL)

Isa with 1200 matches is the Elphelt that definetely played the most (on arcade at least) but definetely isn't as strong as Fumo, Koichi and Sharon. Hope he will catch up soon.

REID (EL) vs Nage (FA)

REID showing how taking risks and fishing for trades is definetely the optimal play in the Faust matchup. Unfortunately, Nage is just waaaaaay too good.

I recommend watching it.

Sharon (EL) vs Nage (FA)

Rifle doesn't seem bad at all in that matchup. Of course, Nage going for airdash with Faust should have been answered with leaving rifle stance and punishing him with cS. There were also plenty of times when rifle resulted in Sharon getting punished. Still an interesting tool though.

I recommend watching it too.

Sharon (EL) vs Roi (SO)

Sharon (EL) vs Fino (VE)

Hi,

I recently got an Avermedia to record matches while I travel, and to get down any silly things I find with Elphelt. Please enjoy these impractical videos.

Close Quarters Combat Burst Baits:

These burst baits punish bad bursts during standard CQC Combos. I have made two versions for each part of the combo that can be bursted(3-5). These are also not entirely reliable since the opponent can vary the timing of their bursts to guarantee an escape based on the combo, however, many bursts people do against this combo are reactable. As such, these are less baits, and more, reactions into a confirm. 

Third Hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GprFSaGd0Q
Third Hit (Charged): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgVTigCdjPk
Fourth Hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9MFExT59PY
Fourth Hit (Charged): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzxwPT2-ypQ
Fifth Hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVj9RmLOz8
Fifth Hit (Charged): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llI_KsaBn68

Bonus: Corner OTG Air Throw Reset into UB Combo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJxyOaElmw 

FYI, bursting a CQC Combo after the fifth hit usually leads to death outright for the opponent, but we all know that.  :toot:\

Let me know if this isn't helpful, or misinformative in any way. I am also attempting to improve my own play actively. 

New elphelt tech video made by Alioune:

The combos shown use routes known for being universal so obviously all the ones shown are both practical and recommended.

More than 1 hour of Elphelt matches in this video (2015/10/1 GGXrdR Mikado stream) :

Fumo(Elphelt)

VS

Nyowa(Jack-O'), Nage(Faust), Roi(Sol), Kakkou(Ramlethal), Taka(Slayer), NOB(Sol)

(it´s GGRelevator but since there weren´t any balance changes i suppose it´s valid for Sign 1.10 too )

Edited by ivanchu77

Just heard of this lost souls guy, but he's got a very slick looking elphelt. Bunch of footage of him on spookys channels but here's a set between him and Zidane

Couple things I've noticed from him: 

1. He rarely ever uses her command grab, when he's in shotgun he mainly goes for frametraps and just chip damage

2. His main mix-up seems to be IAD j.S tbh, he uses it more than most elphelts I watch

3. He has some of the best grenade awareness I've seen, seriously this dude really knows how to use them nades.

Lots of Fumo matches compiled here. He seems to be playing well lately.