Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlazBlueBattleCards

BlazBlue: Battle Cards™ - Collectible Card Fighter

On a unrelated topic, is Bang's Phoenix: Rettenjo's effect supposed to persist even after the weapon is destroyed? I still could not gain heat after it was sundered.

I don't use my ipad much but i would have loved to try this.

Am i right that it's not available in Europe, yet, or just to stupid to find it in the app-shop?

I scream sometimes when I'm playing, Elyon. He's messing me up today lol

I scream every time I play. You're not alone.

Hey everyone, we are hoping that BlazBlue: Battle Cards™ version 1.03.14 will be available for download soon. We will be sure to let you know as soon as it is. In the meantime, check out what will be in that update:

-Added support for 64-bit devices!
-Updated visuals! New versus animation before matches and updated status effect windows.
-Tool Tips! Tap and hold on cards during gameplay, deckbuilding or collection exploring to see more details on card functions.
-Returning players will no longer need to enter their username and password every time they open the app.
-Scroll bars now work consistently in different menus.
-Increased the number of available deck slots, and the Clone Deck button now hides if your deck slots are full.
-Navigation and Account menus are more responsive now.
-Navigation and Account menus no longer disappear on the Open Packs screen.
-Fixed a bug where you couldn't look at your opponent's deck totals.
-Your music selection is now remembered, rather than defaulting to your character's theme.
-You may now choose a new deck directly from the Deck Building or Battle menus by tapping your character portrait.

The new version is live now (1.03.14), and in addition to the above features, the following cards have been updated

Universal:

Anti Air has been redesigned.  It is now a Reach 1 defense card that counters Basic or Drive attacks IF your opponent played a card with the Dodge subtype during that round.
Remarks: Anti Air was both too good, and not good, all at the same time. Universal cards shouldn't counter cards at no cost (unless they are very narrow). In practice though, Anti Air rarely did anything. Now it fills an important role as a foil to decks that play a heavy amount of Dodges.

Jump now dodges Reach 1 or 2 basic attacks, instead of 'Basic attacks with Reach 2 or less.'
Remarks: Jump covered too many bases, defensively. Removing the 'or less' clause gives basic throws more value to aggressive strategies.

Duck now dodges Reach 3 or 4 basic attacks, instead of 'Basic attacks with Reach 3 or more.' Doing so now forces you to discard one card instead of two.
Remarks: Between Jump and Duck, Jump was clearly the better card. By the time you're reacting to 3's and 4's, you've probably spent a few cards already, and Ducking would empty your hand. Furthermore, most characters' Reach 4 attacks are Drives, not Basics. Reducing the discard requirement to 1 makes Duck a more appealing card.

Interference's heat gain reduced to 0, down from 1.
Remarks: Interference can range from useless to back-breaking, which is interesting gameplay-wise, but that range of power shouldn't also come with Heat gain.

Instant Guard's heat gain reduced to 0, down from 1. It no longer ignores chip damage.
Remarks: The sheer versatility of Instant Guard shouldn't also come with Heat gain. It's ability to ignore chip damage, while only a slight factor, was robbing aggressive strategies of their inevitability.

Quick dash now dodges Throws instead of Basic attacks with Reach 2 or 3. Doing so now forces you to discard one card instead of two.
Remarks: Quick Dash was providing too much redundancy when paired with Jump. Now it serves a different, narrower, but equally important role: an answer to command grabs such as Hurricane Fury and Serpent's Wrath, as well as another viable defense against basic throws. Its 'cost' (discarding cards) has been reduced to compensate for its narrower range.

Air Dash now dodges Projectiles instead of Special attacks. It's action mode increases the following Basic attack's damage by 2, up from 1.
Remarks: Air Dash crossed the line in terms of what a Universal card should be able to do. It allowed you to trade a repertoire card and nothing else for the most common type of Grimoire Card, the heat spent on it, AND whatever other cards where added to the combo. Now, it provides a narrow answer to projectiles, and its active mode (+2 damage to the following basic attack) is a little more appealing in situations where your opponent does not play many projectiles.

Barrier no longer guards EVERY attack in a combo. Just one. It's cost is now 0, down from 1.
Remarks: Barrier was too efficient at shutting down aggressive strategies. It punished players for playing combos, and helped enable a strategy that revolves around running your opponent out of cards. While this strategy will remain viable at high levels of play, this change should make playing against such a strategy more interesting.

Reversal's cost increased to 4, up from 3.
Remarks: Character defining counters usually cost three. Because reversal shared the same cost, it complicated the task of trying to read an opponent's options based on their available heat. Increasing Reversal's cost separates it from other counters and puts it at a more appropriate power-level for a universal card.

Ragna: 

Echoing Souls: Heat gain reduced to 0, down from 1.
Remarks: Having access to Echo out of the Repertoire is powerful on its own without also gaining a total of 2 heat.

Blood Scythe no longer applies Heat Spend Ban when countering. Playing it as an attack will apply Heat Spend Ban regardless of hit.
Remarks: Using Blood Scythe as a reaction was always more powerful than using it as an attack. Now, whether to use it offensively or defensively is a more interesting decision.

Carnage Scissors' now requires a hit to benefit from Drain. Damage reduced to 1, down from 2, Drain increased to 4, up from 3.
Remarks: Carnage Scissors offered players a huge reward at almost no risk, and dying to Carnage Scissors at 4 health WITH a way to guard it was one of the most dissappointing ways to go. By requiring a hit to benefit from Drain, the risks are more in line with the rewards.

Blood Edge now requires a hit in order to benefit from Drain. Cost reduced to 4, down from 5.
Remarks: Blood Edge was far and away the most difficult weapon to play against. Draining health regardless of hit is a frustrating way to lose, and quickly raises the Ragna's life total out of reach. The cost has been adjusted to be more in line with other weapons that require a hit to benefit from them.

Idea Engine's cost increased to 5, up from 4.
Remarks: Weapons that increase hand size plus a secondary effect were undercosted at 4 heat. Increasing the cost gives players a little more time to execute their plan before the hand size advantage becomes overpowering.

Prototype Grimoire's cost increased to 7, up from 6.
Remarks: This weapon's abilities make Ragna very hard to kill.  Increasing the cost gives players a little more time to get within striking distance before it takes over the game.

Jin:

General Remarks: Overall, Jin had a lot of advantages compared to other characters: a powerful freeze ability, a decent selection of free special cards, a solid range of counters, and unique heat denial. While he will remain a versatile character, free special cards is no longer one of his advantages, and all freeze cards' costs have been increased.

Crystal Strike's cost increased to 1, up from 0. It now resets your reach.  The following attack's extra heat gain reduced to 1, down from 2.
Remarks: Crystal Strike wasn't useful enough, since most of the time the only valid follow-up attack was a Drive attack.  The addition of an unconditional reset solves this problem, as well as helps justify the increased cost.

Blizzard's cost increased to 2, up from 0. Damage reduced to 2, down from 3.
Remarks: In general, counters shouldn't cost 0, as it makes reading your opponents options based on their available heat too difficult. Its damage was reduced to further differentiate Jin from Hakumen, who is intended to be better at defense than Jin.

Permafrost's cost increased to 1, up from 0. Damage reduced to 3, down from 4. It no longer inflicts 'Heat Spend Ban'. Instead, it forces opponent to spend 2 heat.
Remarks: Heat Spend Ban was not only creating unwanted tension with his heat denial theme, but was too powerful for a 0-cost (or even 1-cost) card. Forcing the opponent to spend 2 heat reinforces the intended heat denial theme without inflicting an absolute moratorium on special cards.

Snow Flower Storm's echo reduced to 1, down from 2.  Damage increased to 2, up from 1.
Remarks: Overall, cards that Echo more than once should be reserved for specific characters and moves that make sense with it. Reducing the echo makes answering this card a little more reasonable.

Freezing Crystal Strike, Arctic Strike, and Flying Ice Strike now cost 3, up from 2.
Remarks: Freeze is a powerful character-specific mechanic, and was undercosted at 2.

Moonsong no longer applies Heat Gain Ban.
Remarks: The deadly combination of Heat Gain Ban plus Heat Spend Ban doesn't belong on a single card.  Heat Spend Ban is powerful enough on its own.

Judgment: Snowstorm's cost reduced to 4, down from 6. It now counters drive attacks instead of basic attacks.
Remarks: Distortions should consistently cost 4 across all characters. The range of cards it counters is now smaller to compensate for the lower cost.

Unbound Yukianesa's cost increased to 5, up from 4.
Remarks: Same reasoning as Idea Engine: Weapons that increase hand size plus a secondary effect were undercosted at 4 heat. Increasing the cost gives players a little more time to execute their plan before the hand size advantage comes online.

Noel:

Arcus Diabolus: Bolverk's cost increased to 4, up from 2.
Remarks: This card's cost has been adjusted to be more in line with other weapons that require a hit to benefit from them.

Bang: 

Void Tempest Kick's damage reduced to 3, down from 4.
Remarks: Void Tempest Kick was virtually unanswerable (though gaining the Throw subtype [see below] mitigates this to an extent), that quality alone justifies its type and cost. The extra damage was unnecessary.

Shishigami Belt's cost increased to 6, up from 4.
Remarks: This card's cost has been adjusted to be more in line with weapons that don't require a hit to benefit from them.

Taokaka:

Razorclaws' cost reduced to 4, down from 5.
Remarks: This card's cost has been adjusted to be more in line with weapons that require a hit to benefit from them.

Fishyfists' cost increased to 6, up from 4.
Remarks: This card's cost has been adjusted to be more in line with weapons that don't require a hit to benefit from them.

Hazama:

Serpent's Wrath's damage reduced to 4, down from 6. It no longer has the Fang subtype.
Remarks: Serpent's Wrath was virtually unanswerable (though gaining the Throw subtype [see below] mitigates this to an extent). That quality alone justifies its type and cost.

Wind Serpent's Fang's cost reduced to 2, down from 3.
Remarks: Knockdown is a powerful ability, but here it is relatively overcosted compared to cards like Agito.

Venom Sword's damage reduced to 3, down from 4.
Hungry Coils damage increased to 4, up from 3.
Remarks: These cards' costs and damage values were not lined up with their abilities. Now, the card with a more effective ability doesn't deal as much damage.

Coils of the Serpent's cost reduced to 4, down from 6. Echo reduced to 2, down from 3. 
Remarks: Distortions should consistently cost 4, across all characters. The echo has been reduced to compensate for the lower cost.  

Rubedo Wyrm's active mode now fetches a Wyrm attack instead of resetting your reach.
Remarks: The recent changes to Air Dash and Quick Dash left Rubedo Wyrm looking too similar to them. Instead, its active mode now features one of Hazama's advantages, the ability to fetch specific types of cards.

Venate Wyrm's reactive mode now dodges Basic or Drive attacks with Reach 4, instead of any Drive attack.
Remarks: The ability to Dodge any Drive attack at no cost was too broad, leaving Hazama's opponents too few ways to play around this card.

Azure Grimoire's cost increased to 8, up from 5.
Remarks: This weapon is a hallmark of the BlazBlue world, so it was designed aggressively.  Now, it is costed appropriately. 

Azrael:

Nigh Invulnerable's cost increased to 6, up from 4.
Remarks: Huge life gain and a drastic change to the fundamental rules of the game is worth 6 heat, not 4.

Hakumen:

Attentive Poise is now a Drive attack that gains Hakumen 1 heat, and no longer counters throws.
Remarks: Hakumen's range of reversal cards was too comprehensive. Instead, Attentive Poise is now a nod to the fact that Hakumen's drives gain him 1 magatama in the fighting game.

Enlightened Plunge is now a Drive attack that gains Hakumen 1 heat. Damage reduced to 3, down from 4.
Remarks: This change maintains consistency with Attentive Poise.

Time Killer's cost reduced to 2, down from 3.
Remarks: This card was tough to pull off in a beneficial way. Reducing its cost helps it feel more 'Ultimate' and increases the odds of being able to play it at the right time.

Winter's Riposte's damage reduced to 6, down from 7.
Remarks: 7 is too much damage for a counter with such a broad range.

Susano'o's cost increased to 6, up from 5.
Remarks: Susano'o's ability also falls into the category of 'cards that don't require a hit to benefit from', which should generally cost 6.

Tager:

Atomic Collider can now follow basic throws, as originally intended.
Remarks: this is simply a bug fix.

Tager Buster's cost reduced to 4, down from 6. Damage reduced to 6, down from 7.
Remarks: Distortions should consistently cost 4, across all characters. Its damage has been reduced to compensate for the lower cost.

Terra Break's damage reduced to 3, down from 5. It can now counter Reach 4 attacks, and no longer forces you to Relent.
Remarks: Tager lacked a reasonable counter, a problem which is exacerbated by his inability to play dodge cards. Furthermore, Terra Break was overshadowed by his other two distortion attacks. Now it serves a more unique role. 

Motor Gauntlets cost increased to 6, up from 3.
Remarks: Motor Gauntlet's ability also falls into the category of 'cards that don't require a hit to benefit from', which should generally cost 6.

The following attacks gained the Throw subtype:
Muzzle Flitter
Void Tempest Kick
Hurricane Fury
I'mma Beat You Up
Serpent's Wrath
Bloody Fangs 

The following cards gained the Dodge subtype:
Jump
Duck
Quick Dash
Air Dash
Shadowstep
Nail Dash
Prowl
Cat Jump
Trick Edge
Rubedo Wyrm
Venate Wyrm
Teledash

There is a bug now, after u did auto-login.

So, after application resumes, goes auto-login and auto-connect
But if u go to Bounties, it displays "No actives bounties more, come back tomorrow"
If u Log out, and then Log in with password manually - Today`s Bounties and ur progress with it displays properly.

What is that bug with Hakumen`s card Time Killer?

Got this hit me, and i got left with 3 cards
My opp (hakumen) with one, and slighty more health.
Round started, it was my round, i stared attacking him
and as soon as i put my cards in a combo, i just die al of a sudden!

U have no single tip about how this card works. It just says "Remove all cards from deck"
But if it works like i cannot use my left cards or i will die......how am i supposed to know that?

There is a bug now, after u did auto-login.

So, after application resumes, goes auto-login and auto-connect

But if u go to Bounties, it displays "No actives bounties more, come back tomorrow"

If u Log out, and then Log in with password manually - Today`s Bounties and ur progress with it displays properly.

Thanks for the info. We actually found this as well and already have a fix for it. We hope to have another update submitted early next week.

What is that bug with Hakumen`s card Time Killer?

Got this hit me, and i got left with 3 cards

My opp (hakumen) with one, and slighty more health.

Round started, it was my round, i stared attacking him

U have no single tip about how this card works. It just says "Remove all cards from deck"

But if it works like i cannot use my left cards or i will die......how am i supposed to know that?

Thanks for reporting this. We are looking into it right now.

Here's what's happening (this is actually not a bug with Time Killer, but a bug with what happens when both players have run out of cards)

To prevent the game from ever ending in a draw, we end the game when both players have no cards left in their hand and no cards in their decks.  What we're not checking is to see if there are still cards on the board.

So, you and hakumen were out of repertoire and grimoire cards (due to Time Killer's effect), you put the rest of your hand on the table, and your opponent guarded with their last card.  At that moment, no one had any cards in hand, or in their deck, so the game decided that the match was over and the player with the most health wins.

We'll let you all know when this has been fixed, but in the meantime, you can avoid this bug by leaving one card in your hand in that situation.

by leaving one card in your hand in that situation

the thing was, that haku discarded his last card on his will
and i was hoping lo lower his health, by attacking with all those cards i have
but it failed that way lol))

ok thanks for explaining 

Hello, Nox!
have some balance issues in mind
i really think that Bang`s  Void Tempest Kick is OP
cant be guarded ANYHOW, just for 2 heat cost. Its better, than Crush Trigger card ofcourse, so if u dont have Interference or Burst - its guaranteed combo!

After recent balance changes Bang is the most favorable char for Ranked grinding, for the most part - because of this card i told about
also i cant use dodge cards to avoid his drive attacks and he can have a lot of them in a deck - that makes this char mutch up difficult for some other chars, unless u have a special anti-Bang deck

Also it would be nice, to see your thoughts about such cards as Crush Trigger, Bait, Dispel, Absorb,  and another room for Null Sphere, Daring Gambit, Sleight of Hand, Muster Strenght.
They are very very situational and i hardly see anyone using them, maybe these cards should be redesigned or removed at all?

What do u think?

Version 1.03.20 is now live, and includes the following bug fixes and balance changes

Fixes:

Fixed a bug where Bounties could not be acquired or completed. This would happen when players were automatically logged out, and back in, due to minimizing the app or when a device falls asleep

Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes crash when trying to load the Versus animation right before a match

Taokaka's Trick Edge now properly dodges non-basic Throws with Reach 3 or more.

Fixed a bug with Ragna's Crimson Duster that prevented you from playing cards that cost more than your current heat, even if you had the health to pay for it.

Fixed a bug with Ragna’s Echoing Souls that caused the echo of the card to gain 1 heat.

Fixed a bug with game logic that was ending a match prematurely if both players had run out of cards.

Balance Changes:

Ragna

Infernal Swipe's Heat cost increased to -2, up from -1.
Infernal Swipe is both difficult to answer, and represents a total swing of 5 health (1 damage + 2 health loss + 2 health gain). It was undercosted at 1 heat.

Dead Spike's Heat cost increased to -2, up from -1.
Same reasoning as Infernal Swipe.

Belial Edge's Damage reduced to 1, down from 2 and its ability now requires you to hit.
The nearly unmitigatable nature of Belial Edge's ability proved to be too strong. Now, Ragna players will have to work a little harder to set up a big hit with this card.

Devour Darkness' Damage decreased to 1, down from 3.
Devour Darkness' ability is plenty powerful on its own. Reducing its base damage now puts the focus on its effect, and incentivizes using cards like Blood Scythe to set it up.

Bang

Heavenly Palm Thrust's Damage reduced to 2, down from 3.
Reducing its damage helps clarify its role as a prop to other cards, rather than the centerpiece of a strategy.

Void Tempest Kick's Heat cost increased to -3, up from -2.
Compared to cards like Crush Trigger or Infernal Swipe, Void Tempest Kick is much harder to answer. Its new cost is more appropriate for its power level.

Explosive Shuriken's Heat cost increased to -2, up from -1.
Explosive Shuriken can cause massive amounts of damage for a very low cost when played alongside certain combinations of cards. Its new cost should make this type of plan require more setup. We will continue to monitor Explosive Shuriken's use and will consider increasing its cost further if it remains a dominant part of high-level play.

Now that some of the big kinks have been worked out, I'm curious what the stats are for first turn advantage. Having initiative in turn based card games can be a pretty significant deal, depending game mechanics. Many games usually let the second player draw 1 more card in compensation for going second. Do you see in the win rate a difference between two people of similar ranking depending on who goes first?

Anything new on this game? It seems that it's no longer on the iOS app store, there's no more discussion on the game, and BB:BC has dropped off the face of the earth. Has it been discontinued?

21 minutes ago, tokin fuyou said:

Anything new on this game? It seems that it's no longer on the iOS app store, there's no more discussion on the game, and BB:BC has dropped off the face of the earth. Has it been discontinued?

Well, if its been delisted it seems, so yeah, I wonder what happened. But oh well...>.>

(You can try contacting the dev that brought out BB:BC and see why it got removed, good luck waiting for a response though.)