Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlazBlueBattleCards

BlazBlue: Battle Cards™ - Collectible Card Fighter

Yeah, amazing to see you guys getting the ball rolling. I'd love to support but iPad isn't really in my realm, sitting tight!

We want to keep that ball rolling for a long time! Maybe more of a snowball going down a mountain that keeps getting bigger and bigger. One can hope!

Check out Twitch streamer Mr_Biscuits pulling off Hakumen's Astral Defense, "Judgement of the Sword". It's difficult to pull off but so rewarding when you remove infinite life from your opponent. Our lead designer joined in on the conversation during the stream. We'll be sure to let you know when future Twitch events come up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wu4GMxmJb8&feature=youtu.be

I'm still curious about whether or not the card names are to be taken as the canon names of the actual move... ;-;

Hey VermillionBird, good question! While Arc System Works did approve all of the cards we have included within the game, we can't say that their names are canon to the overall BlazBlue series/world. We were heavily influenced by past BlazBlue games when coming up with the names and always had the goal of making them feel like they could be canon.  

Happy to hear you're having fun with BBBC! A friend system is definitely something we also want in the game! More news to come...

looking forward to it! As well as more ways to play it, and more characters. I personally would play Relius or Bullet if I ever needed more mains. I main (among others) Bang and Hazama P:

I also have to commend you for giving drive moves names (such as hazama's drive being a 'wyrm' variation), naming Bang's 4 moves after FRKZ, etc.) Adds a bit of intrigue to the drives themselves.

I just hope I get lucky with bounties and card packs for some of those weapon cards, shishigami belt practically decimated me one round with it's ability!

And I say these all the time, but as a former long time TCG player, I'd love to play this and maybe even see if I could get events going but...

Droid/Steam please x_x

And I say these all the time, but as a former long time TCG player, I'd love to play this and maybe even see if I could get events going but...

Droid/Steam please x_x

We'd love to have a BBBC event. Maybe even a championship. Hopefully that can happen one day! Also hoping we get to let players experience the game on other platforms/devices. 

gave the review a quick read, it definitely does give a good description of the characters mentioned (and yes hazama is also definitely a character that likes to play a match of high and low with his cards)

I've been playing this damn near nonstop (battery and life allowing) since I downloaded it this past weekend and I first wanted to say how much I love it.

Second, I've found a Hazama build that feels way too strong compared to other strong builds I have come up with.  I think I have played 6 games with it since I put it together last night and I've won either 5/6 or all of them, usually by round 2 or 3.

Repertoire:

0-

Quick Throw x2 -Not much to be said here.  Using quick throw to build heat rather than start combos.

1-

Jab x3 - Both players draw a card

Repelling fist x1

2-

Anti Air

Kick x3 - more lateral draw

Upending kick

3-

Slash x3 - Even more draw

Repelling slam x1

4-

Dashing chop x1

Sunder Weapon x3 - Weapons are way too strong sometimes.

5+

Cirinitas,Albedo,Nigredo Wyrm x2 each

-

Venate Wyrm x3 - each player draws 2 cards or dodge a drive on defense.  See a theme?

Twinned Strike

Instant Guard

Grimoire:

Falling Fang x2

Hungry Darkness (Haven't landed this mostly because I don't have 3 copies of each of the wyrm attacks 

Rising Fang x2

Devouring Fang x3

Coils of the Serpent

-

Serpents Benediction x3

Barrier

(Weapons)

Balisong Knives

Azure Grimoire

The line of play with this deck is to rush to 4/5 meter as quickly as you can at the start of the game, using the basic card draw attacks to fuel your play.  It doesn't matter if the opponent guards every attack because its possible to take turns where you are playing 6-10 attacks if you aren't countered at all.  In most situations, alternating draws from the Repertoire/Grimoire as you are given them is the best way to go, unless you are super low on heat.  Once one of the weapons show up, play it as soon as able.  Balisong knives isn't really necessary but will draw you 2 cards for every one of the lateral draw basic cards you play, quickly outrunning the number of cards in the other player's hand if they have been guarding a lot.  I also do not play many combos with this deck, instead opting for single cards to do my best to avoid nasty effects of break burst.  

Once you play Azure Grimoire, its pretty much over.  You will never run out of heat to fuel fang attacks to draw more cards, and it doesn't matter if the opponent is guarding every attack.  As soon as a round ends where they are at 1, they lose.

@BlazBlueBattleCards

I am pretty sure this deck is way too strong but I am not sure how to fix it.  I beat a ragna player around 980 rating a few minutes ago on round 3 with him never even getting the chance to play a round as I bursted him immediately upon starting round 2.

So I don't have the game yet because devices, could you tell me what some of the key Hazama specific cards actually do if you don't mind?

So I don't have the game yet because devices, could you tell me what some of the key Hazama specific cards actually do if you don't mind?

Wyrm attacks (his ouroborous drive snakes) are high numbers, but can be blocked by low numbers (5/3, 6/2, 7/1 respectively), and can be followed up by respective low number, which in a sense resets his reach (ordered # of the cards)

say if I used a 6, thena  regular two, and if I had the heat, super snake kick/serpent's infernal rapture, which can be followed after a regular 2 attack

While we're at it, is it possible to make the comprehensive card list? Just so I can see the pieces of the game and follow its discussion.

Just passing by to give my support to this game given positive reaction from folks so far. Sadly can't give it a try due to not having an ipad(I admit I don't even know what one looks like), but I hope you guys earn credit from the hard work put into this and that future projects show as much effort as what I can tell from what was put in here.

While we're at it, is it possible to make the comprehensive card list? Just so I can see the pieces of the game and follow its discussion.

Go convince the mods to give us a section on the wiki #kappa

For real though, there are over hundred cards and the way they are organized in the game make the most sense (plus, with more cards being potentially added in the future) we would need a lot of space to compile them, so, at the very least, we'd need to make a new thread. So do you guys really want that?

I'm a proud supporter of BlazBlue: Battle Cards and truly excited for the future of this game.

I've played it for countless hours since May 15th and I still find myself engaged as ever trying out different builds (which ultimately sent me on a losing streak and out of the top 10 lol) but it's truly a pleasurable experience. In addition, the BBBC staff has been very transparent about only wanting to improve the experience for it's user and I can only see positive things coming from people who actually care about the success of their product and the fan base. Every card you play really feels like the video game and I can only see it visually becoming better. It's only a matter of time I think before we see this on other iOS devices and possibly PC/gaming systems.

I encourage you all to continue spreading the word about this game. Sure, it's only an iPad experience but I'm certain my transactions in buying cards to "speed up the process" (because I love having options) will speak volumes to companies interested to make money. Why? Because $$$ talks lol.

Thank you guys!

P.S. It's great to see all the Bullet lovers in here!

I played this game for sometime and felt it is one of the best CCG games on iOS. However, I do have some difficulties with the game:

1. When browsing certain stuff, there is this little scroll bar at the edges, but not all of them work, like when I browse my card collection or decks, I just cannot scroll the scroll bar, and it makes scrolling really a cumbersome.

2. Browsing my cards. Enlarging the cards are actually the real problem. I have to tap and hold on the card for it to enlarge, which is a bit tiring. Also, the card always seems to be shaking around when enlarged, don't know if it intended or not. I hope that cards enlarge when I tap on them, and when I want it to return, I just tap some where else.

3. Drawing cards during a battle. Whenever I draw cards from my deck, the decks block up my right most card. Sometimes I forgot which deck I drew it from and it really makes the situation pretty bad for me.

I think that is pretty all for now, I believe this game has done a great deal at balancing the game and cards, especially with this special "burst" system implemented into the game, it gives the game something unique from the other CCGs. Great game, I appreciated it.

Only read the below passage if you find some free time. I was just talking about myself facing up against a high ranking player in the game.

I came to know about this game because I personally like playing CCG games. After I got my hands on the game after its release in the US, I was really impressed by the degree of balance in the game. My humble little proof is: I was just playing today to finish my bounties, and I have this little habit: Whenever I go on the "battle" screen, I always check the name of that top ranked guy. I saw that guy's name and thought to myself: Never in a life time will I ever be matched up against him, because I was ranked at about 400. But what happened next surprised me. I almost crapped myself. The next game I played I was matched against him. I was so scared, I wanted to concede considering I was playing with only beginner cards with a few from the first 2 free packs that I got. However I did not, because I thought respecting my opponent and playing a fair and nice game is what I was supposed to do, so I fought against him. His cards were pretty strong, but I tried my best to predict his moves and mulligan for cards accordingly to my heat. Then came the moment, when he set up a small combo when I was at 3 health. I countered his attack. Next turn, I drained myself back to 5 health, and brought him down to 5. Right now, I have enough cards in my hand to deal exactly 5 damage, but my reach was too high. I remembered that I had my burst. I thought to myself: If I don't use it, I'll most probably die next turn anyway, and seems like he used most of his cards to guard my previous attacks so he might not be able to come up with an answer this time, hmm.... Yep, I used my burst and killed him. My rank went up by 100 ranks. I was just so excited. I think this will be one of the games that will keep me playing.

I've been enjoying this a lot, it is really nice to see the various characters' gameplay expressed in the cards. The variety in deck building seems decent as well, I want to eventually make a "Hate" deck of sorts which denies heat, destroys weapons, zones, etc. :3

I honestly expected this game to be really bad, but it has felt very fresh and interesting. It isn't like any other card game i've played(i've mainly played tons of MTG), it seems unique. I enjoy the system and the variety of cards already in the game.

I do wonder if the design team is chewing up some design space too fast though, because certain cards make me wonder if they would be better fit to other characters. I hope you have planned out a lot of ideas for what you want to do with other charas. I'm honestly really excited to see what you do with Litchi, Mu, Bullet, Rachel, Carl, etc etc. More women, please~

Looking forward to a Steam release or something, but I am lucky enough to be able to play it on ipad.

I do hope there ends up being another way to get in-game currency besides bounties and the 5 per match, mainly to encourage people to battle. Maybe a set of achievements like "Win 100 Battles with Tager: get X bounty" will make sure the game's community stays healthy.

I finally got to play the game myself. Fun game. It's easy to understand for someone like me who doesn't really play card games.

I think I'd like a basic rundown on how most of the characters work though. I don't quite understand what things like Magnetize does here.

I finally got to play the game myself. Fun game. It's easy to understand for someone like me who doesn't really play card games.

I think I'd like a basic rundown on how most of the characters work though. I don't quite understand what things like Magnetize does here.

Sure, no problem!

Ragna:  Does not cause or use any Status Effects other than Stagger(Enemy cannot respond to next attack other than to break burst) and heat ban(stops enemy from spending heat). Drives and specials tend to steal life points from the enemy.  Can win through blocks via certain specials and distortions that steal life upon playing the cards.

Jin: Freezes.  Freeze is like stagger, but it also resets Jin's reach upon being applied.  This facilitates giant health swings.  Jin can also apply Heat Ban and Heat Gain ban to hate on heat based strategies.

Noelle: Drives have Chain Revolver 2-4, reach reset, and counter reach 3 basic. Chain revolver gives your next attack the reach specified.  This can cause problems if you do something silly like play a range 1 drive when you are at range 2 because it will lock you out of playing anything at range 3 because all your cards are changed to range 2. Noelle is really suited to a controlly counter build, or a go ham build with her bloom trigger which gives you 2 specials for the price of 1.

Bang:  Has reach 2 3 4 and 4 drives which apply 1 of 4 seals on hit. Each seal increases the damage of the drive which causes it as long as you have the seal. Once you have all 4 seals, you can use your drives to counter at the same reach (counters at 2 3 and 4 is SUPER strong) but it is really hard to get all 4 seals as the drives are easy to guard. Also has range 4 and 5 specials and projectiles that apply statuses that punish for playing cards and for drawing cards, and one that resets reach and staggers on hit.

Azrael: Has reach 4 drives and reach 3 specials that apply upper and lower weakpoints.  Drives have to hit, but specials apply them no regardless of hit. Upper weakpoint enhances reach 3 attacks and attacks which cause upper weakpoint, while lower enhances reach 1 attacks and attacks which cause lower weakpoint.  Both weakpoints are consumed by attacks which are enhanced if they don't also cause it.  Heat intensive and hard to land weakpoints, but there are attacks which have "Can only be guarded by higher reach attacks" that can help open up that crucial reach 4.

Taokaka:  Probably the quickest damage dealer in the game.  Reach 1 drive causes Cat Scratches which deals 1 extra damage along with chip on guard.  Reach 4 drives can be followed by 1 or 2 reach attacks, making tao rather bouncy. The range 4 Kaboom grabs the top card of the blue deck and shows it.  If its an attack it then plays it which can also cause a pseudo reach reset.  Specials come with a lot of echo(Echo X replays the same card X times after the first time.) or cause extra damage equal to the number of attacks already done that round, or apply even more cat scratches.

Hazama:  No statuses aside from zoning the opponent out of reach 4 or less next round with a special.  Drives are at reach 5, 6, and 7 and can be followed by reach 3 2 and 1 attacks.  Movements cards can dodge projectiles or drives or reset reach or draw cards, fetch specials.  Can do some really long combos due to the combination of reach resets and card draw.

Hakumen:  Does not gain heat from attacks at all. Gains 1 heat every round. Has drives that counter range 1 and 2 basic attacks but give control back to the opponent.  Other drives hammer out tons of damage.  Easy to play very defensively, and can also control rounds very well. 

Taeger:  Drives cause Magnetize status.  When an enemy has magnetize x, each attack reduces Magnetize status  by 1 and can only follow attacks with higher reach.  Half of the drives also capitalize on Magnetize by gaining heat equal to magnetize value on guard, as well as a movement which reduces damage of an attack and gains heat from magnetize.  Has specials which fetch other specials, and quite a few special and distortion throws which deal a lot of damage.

If you go to "collection", you can click on characters to read the official descriptions of their mechanics, but victor's post covers some details on several individual moves.