[CPE] ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Character Profile:

Name: ν-No.13- (ニュー)
Height: 155cm
Weight: 45kg
Birthday: 12/31
Japanese VA: Kanako Kondou

"After the events in Calamity Trigger following her battle with Ragna the Bloodedge, she was thought to have perished in the Cauldron alone. Nu is later revived by her own will to fuse with Ragna in a form referred to by Hazama as the “Sword of Hades”; though she retains her appearence and personality from the previous games. She is re-tuned by Hazama to stand in Ragna’s way once again." -BlazBlueWiki

Please have any Nu-13 story-related discussion to the Chrono Phantasma Story Thread - HERE

Gameplay Overview:

Move Descriptions:

5A: A quick jab, whiffs on most crouching opponents. 6F. Can be used to antiair.

5B: Nu knees her opponent. OTGs. Combo Filler. Can gatling into throw for a Tick throw.

5C: Nu shoots her swords. 8 Hits, Good combo filler and a good punish tool. Terrible in neutral.

2A: Low jab, can be used to poke out of pressure. 1F slower than 5A.

2B: A low poke. +-0 on block, her best tool to reset pressure or poke in neutral close-up.

2C: Nu crouches and swings her swords above her. Antiair. Head invul starts on frame 9. Small hitbox behind Nu.

6A: Typical Antiair. Frame 6 Head Invul. Better than 2C in most situations.

6B: Nu sticks her leg out to kick the opponent. Good combo starter, on par with 5C. Used to punish moves and as combo filler.

6C: Nu swings her swords forward. 8 Hits Long Reach. Her best normal in combos. Has SMP. Hard Knockdown.

3C: Nu sweeps the opponent with her swords. 8 Hits, Long Reach. Combos into C spike chaser and is used to OTG opponents or to float them.

j.A: A quick jab in the air. 

j.B: A quick kick in the air. Fast and has a good horizontal hitbox. Hits below nu too.

j.C: Nu spins her swords around her. (Horizontal) 8 Hits, fast startup. Hits behind Nu, can be used to cross up.

j.2C: Nu Spins her swords around her (Vertical) 8 Hits, slow startup. Hits above Nu.

Drives: All have a ~D followup for a second sword which is required for combos.

5D: Forward

2D: 45 Degree Angle

6D: 30 Degree Angle

4D: Overhead, tracks opponent location, hits behind them.

j.D: 15 Degrees Up

j.6D: 15 Degrees Down

j.2D: 45 Degrees Down

214A/B/C: Gravity Seed. Can cancel normals and most specials into and out of it.

623C: Anti-Air. 1st Frame Head Invul. Floats above most low moves after ~frame8. Floats on hit.

j.623C: Air Version. No Invul.

236D: Sickle Storm: Nu slides a wheel on the ground towards the opponent. Floats on hit.

• ~C: Backwards
  • [D]: Slower, Wallbounces Midscreen

214D: Spike Chaser: Spikes come out of the ground. Floats on hit. Guaranteed to come out after a certain amount of startup.

• ~C: Faster, 2 Spikes.
  • [D]: Charged Version, Goes fullscreen

j.214D: Crescent. Hits Overhead. Cancels momentum.

• ~C: Cancels the move. Can follow up with other moves.
  • [D]: Cancels the move into itself. Nu falls during it. Plus on block, comboable meterless on hit. Can cancel into ~C

236236D: Legacy Edge: Nu launches a lot of swords at the opponent. Guarenteed Startup after a certain amout of frames. 

632146D: Calamity Sword: Large Sword in front of nu. There is a gap. Has invul but is easy to avoid.

214214D: Astral. Strike Property.

OD Changes:

Edited by someonewhodied

Changes i've noticed to normals i'll just spam into this thread.

6A airhit launch height reduced.

Drives have more hitstun overall (minus 5DD groundhit)

214D~C (Quick Spike chaser) has a lot of recovery. 

Execution is still hard. Not so much fast inputs anymore but they feel very strict with gatling timing.

2DD>6C is gone

Spike chaser can be partially charged. Best oki tool. Max distance when nu starts shaking, can charge beyond that for no change.

6A>TK Crescent combos are gone.

Crescent can be partial charged. (max delay is comboable, a bit less than max is too.)

Drives can be somewhat negative edged. The startup is faster than the input buffer. Thats amazing.

Can you explain this for me please, well, how it works

if you input
5D~[D]4]D[

you get 5DD>4D

so you can get 2 drives by holding and releasing a button.

This definitely wasn't in 1.1

Reverse Act Parser...does it actually have any different properties, or is it merely an aesthetic change from BBCP 1.0 and 1.1?

OD stuff:
j.214D and j.214[D] have more hitstun
Can cancel any special into Act Parser on whiff or hit, even the start up of 214D
214D goes full screen, 214D~C goes as far as non-OD 214D goes, 214[D] is just non-OD 214[D], it's just to delay 214D basically
double swords, as usual
I think I'm missing a few things

I started a Lambda/Nu Skype group a few months back. If anybody wants in, please PM me and I can add you. It's both characters because it was originally a 1.1 Nu group. :c Please tell me if I should make my own thread for it.

Hmm, well execution wise, Nu is a lot easier now. I haven't gotten all the nuances about her just yet though. I really like how she flows now. So fluid. I feel powerful.

How is everyone faring with Nu? The new sword combo feels really weird but I'm getting used to it. Also getting used to the gravity stuff.

New sword air to air combo strings are strange but eventually they'll be second nature. I'm trying to get into the habit of doing air backdash j.6D instead of j.2D.

I've already adpated to the j.6D thing, but I need to remember to Crescent cancel after it. But anyways, my neutral died.I
miss old backwards Act Parser ;;

It's fairly obvious. But to point out some stuff early on. These are just rough estimates at point blank range.

236D = -18 like before.

236[D] = +1

236D~C = +Gazillion duh.

214D = Slightly better, now -5

214[D] = Around +8

214D~C = -10/-11

j.214D = -10 like before.

j.214[D] = Around +14? 

J.214D and j.214[D] cannot hit at point blank so it's done from standard range. 

Also wow 623C is such a good anti air. Huge, hits behind you (get rekt azrael) and 214B after allows you to combo even on non CH, which is pretty awesome. Does around 3k with a basic drive combo on non ch. On ch you can do the 236[D] path and get around 4k. Hype.

Can someone grab the P1*P2 proration values real quick today:

Just set the ai to non-tech on all options and jumping.

Hit with each move then go into crush trigger or RC>crush trigger

Divide that number by 1000

I'm curious to see whats changed.

If its a nice number like 94, 92, 90, 89, 85, 84, 80, or 75, then P1 is 100. If its a bit more messy, then P1 is not 100 and i'll figure it out later.

Can someone confirm whether crescent cancel (j.2147~C) eats air options (i.e. you cannot air dash after cancelling)? I am seeing conflicting information on this, and I don't yet have the game.

Can someone confirm whether crescent cancel (j.2147~C) eats air options (i.e. you cannot air dash after cancelling)? I am seeing conflicting information on this, and I don't yet have the game.

You can't do anything but normals or specials/supers after it iirc, but you can do stuff that will take an air option after you do said thing after Crescent, so you can still jc and use Act Parser(this meaning that you can still air dash).

weird thing about that:

2147D~C will not let you airdash after

but 2147D~C>j.B>RC will let you airdash. It doesn't take up your option, it just disables it after that move.

Interesting - thanks for the answers guys. I'd imagine that air act parser is functionally the same out of crescent cancel as 66. It was situational but I used to enjoy j.2147D~C - 66 j.2C.

Sign in to follow this