Sign in to follow this  
someonewhodied

[CPE] ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

Hey guys. I have a question for some of you more experienced Nu players. I just picked the character up seriously (messed around with her in 1.1 a bit) and I have a local buddy that plays Ragna and he for the most part destroys me. I don't have as much trouble with our other local players one plays Jin and the other play Azrael, but against the Ragna player I find myself blocking indefinitely or just trying to get away without much time to get anything out to contest him. This usually ends up with me eventually getting hit and dying.

I also have a lot of trouble AAing him, he seems to favor dash jumping then delaying double jump into belial edge which usually beat all my attempts to AA him (6D, 6A are usually my go to's but I'll use 2D if it seems like he won't land fast enough, and when I try 623C it either whiffs because I do it too early or gets beat out by what he puts out.) He also does a lot of random Hell's Fang, which is also giving me problems. Overall if I had to describe his playstyle I would have to say it seems as if his back input doesn't work. He's always doing something and it's always moving him forward.

I've watched a decent amount of match vids to study this MU but I haven't a jp Ragna that plays as reckless has he does so a lot of the things I see the jp Nu's doing won't really apply in this case. I'm pretty sure my inexperience with character is the source of my lack of knowledge what do...but at this point I feel if i don't ask for help, I'll never improve in this MU. Anything help would be much appreciated.

^

I think that for your case, it is easier to understand if you post a video of replay how you and him play, because it is hard to really point thing out without seeing how you actually doing. Some other people who watch it may be able to help you point out the fault.  Although it is sad to says that Nu forum isn't as active as other character so we don't really have much knowledge base or resource information somehow.  I wish people would post more video, or go into more specific character match up just like what you did.   (Could separate vs each character into different topic just like the match up forum, but it seem nobody use it anymore...)

Personally, I have opposite problem than you. I guess it is all depend on how good the person is. In my case, I plays Nu seriously, and while I have no problem against any internet Ragna, I have big trouble against one local Jin. (who seem to be quite well-known around south east asia somehow). I just do not know what to do against a player who is like... This Jin can pass everything you shoot at easily, may be your ragna player is like that also.

but yeah, I think that to start with, we really should have more delicated thread for v-13 match up against each characters. With video and criticize, it will be very useful resource for everyone.

P.S. when you play a replay, it is possible to remove the replay icon off from screen?

Hey guys. I have a question for some of you more experienced Nu players. I just picked the character up seriously (messed around with her in 1.1 a bit) and I have a local buddy that plays Ragna and he for the most part destroys me. I don't have as much trouble with our other local players one plays Jin and the other play Azrael, but against the Ragna player I find myself blocking indefinitely or just trying to get away without much time to get anything out to contest him. This usually ends up with me eventually getting hit and dying.

I also have a lot of trouble AAing him, he seems to favor dash jumping then delaying double jump into belial edge which usually beat all my attempts to AA him (6D, 6A are usually my go to's but I'll use 2D if it seems like he won't land fast enough, and when I try 623C it either whiffs because I do it too early or gets beat out by what he puts out.) He also does a lot of random Hell's Fang, which is also giving me problems. Overall if I had to describe his playstyle I would have to say it seems as if his back input doesn't work. He's always doing something and it's always moving him forward.

I've watched a decent amount of match vids to study this MU but I haven't a jp Ragna that plays as reckless has he does so a lot of the things I see the jp Nu's doing won't really apply in this case. I'm pretty sure my inexperience with character is the source of my lack of knowledge what do...but at this point I feel if i don't ask for help, I'll never improve in this MU. Anything help would be much appreciated.

Don't get caught at round start and you should win. IABD and backdashing at the start of the game isn't good if the Ragna player knows you are going to do it, because he will simply dash up 5b or Hell's Fang to catch you. A 3c will beat most of Ragna's options at round start, but will lose to jump or IAD.

I wouldn't say Nu has the advantage when the game starts, given that one mistake at that point can lead to 3k+ damage and getting cornered. If you do get out of that situation, he has no way to deal with conventional Nu zoning until he gets 50 meter, in which case don't get overly predictable with swords or watch your spacing. If he's constantly buffering Carnage Scissors and waiting for your swords, he isn't doing anything else like walking forwards. The moment he does you can throw out your swords again.

If he's using Hell's Fang to try and get close to you, throw your gravity slightly in front of him and not beneath him.

The Ragna is actually doing a good thing playing recklessly

"but yeah, I think that to start with, we really should have more delicated thread for v-13 match up against each characters. With video and criticize, it will be very useful resource for everyone."

idk why we would, the only characters that Nu has a real problem with is Bang, Hazama, and Tager(idk if Rachel is still a problem tho). So unless you can't just "play Nu" against anybody else, then yea, you are doing something wrong.

"P.S. when you play a replay, it is possible to remove the replay icon off from screen"

Press square

I won't really give advice or anything cuz the stuff I'll say won't really be pretty >_>

I'll try to get some vids of us playing this weekend, and @pokemonblaze234 I really care as much about info being pretty so long as it's helpful...I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing I've already accepted that. Also thanx for the responses guys.

I think Bang and Azrael are probably the harder matchups now, followed by Hazama and then the usual fast characters like Izayoi and Tao.

I think Bang and Azrael are probably the harder matchups now, followed by Hazama and then the usual fast characters like Izayoi and Tao.

Azrael isn't a problem, neither is Izayoi or Tao. Like I said before, her "only problems" in this version are Bang, Hazama and Tager. fyi, Lambda is a bad MU in the sense of 5.5-4.5

What makes Lambda hard for you? I've never played the matchup from either side so I'm genuinely curious.

So, I've been thinking of playing a Zoning character that has easy execution and short combos for a sub, and I've been thinking between Lambda and Nu, are their executions easy and what is the big difference between them?

Easy execution would be Lambda. I play both but I'm going to say that without a doubt Lambda's executions are simpler. 

hey guys, anybody still alive on this forum ?
I have a question about her last challenge in extend..
What do i have to do ? What do they mean with level 1 attacks and does anybody has a video ?
Can't find any cleared challenges for extend on youtube..

236[D]>5D>2D>6D>2DD>236D214B>5D>2D>6D>2D>ODC>6D>2DD>6D>2DD>iadj.B>j623C~214B>2DD>6D>sj.DD>j.6DD>j.DD>dj.2DD>j.6DD>j.DD

i think i did something like that. Just a quick sloppy combo.

Weaker definitely but way more fun.

That stein will definitely create some cool setups. We'll lose about 1K average per combo now though because new routes will use 236D early instead.

From what i hear it is basically a slower gravity cancel so if that is true, i theorize that we will probably have this as our strong N-Starter BnB:
X>236D~214B>5DD>iadj.C>6A>6C>236[D]>665DD>236DC~214D>2B>6A>tk623C>]D[>2DD>j.DD>j.6DD>j.DD>j.214D

(Looks long but its actually about the same length as our current ones)

Currently for practice you can do:
X>3C>236D~214B>5DD>iadj.C>66A>6C>236[D]>665DD>236DC>3C>214DC~214A>2DD>tk214[D](whiff/oki)

Losing spike chaser hurts our neutral more though. 

-What do you mean about losing Spike chaser?  

3C>236D~214B>5DD>   ...    THAT is my current problem and hardest part for me to perform it successfully during match!  I would hate to start with this unless they allow more gap time.   236D~214D instantly hurt the arm a lot, because you basically twist them opposite direction way in very fast.

uhm, why are they making her weaker when she doesn't win any Japan tournament as no.1 this year at all.  (Only Sean 2015, but that is because only few JP plays) And nowadays Ragna who used to be weak with her match up now, is either on par or better, and he keep getting buff.  Hope Ragna and Jin also nerf?

Edited by Starkaiser

omg, don't tell me that future Nu combo gonna be like mu-12 where you have to put those during combo to make it connect...  I would change back to play lamda if that happened. 

And then again, I hope the stun from sickle is longer now, because if main combo gonna be with sickle>gravity.  the current frame is too hard to pull it 100% correctly.

Sign in to follow this