Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

someonewhodied

[CPE] V-13 Critique, Q&A, and Help Thread

What you listed still won't work, because you are not returning to a neutral state in your underlined portion. Same problem as before.

When your drives hit too close for 236DC but too far for 214DC what do you guys usually do?

I've been messing with 236D214B>5DD and 2147D RC/ 2147DC>663C as options but i don't think I'm getting max return for minimal risk from either option.

What you listed still won't work, because you are not returning to a neutral state in your underlined portion. Same problem as before.

You're right. The A.I. does a jump cancel after 2DD, going 2DD > 2369D > 214A to return to a neutral state and reset the Drive counter.

When your drives hit too close for 236DC but too far for 214DC what do you guys usually do?

I've been messing with 236D214B>5DD and 2147D RC/ 2147DC>663C as options but i don't think I'm getting max return for minimal risk from either option.

I usually just set gravity under them, reset neutral with 44 Parser/j.214D~C or 214D. I don't think it's worth spending meter if you can't confirm in to 236D~C if they aren't within kill range.

I wasn't sure where to ask, so I'll ask here.

Long story short, my PS3 decided to bite the dust and I purchased a new one. I have a new account and everything. I've started using V-13 again and I have a decent grasp of her combos, but I'm still getting used to her neutral-wise.

I have some trouble fighting Azrael. How exactly do you move against him? I just feel like I lose control the minute he lands a hit. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in that matchup.

Can someone give a good, general overview of what I should be doing to escape asap at the start of the round? I was covered under a mountain of salt last night but I have a clearer mind today.

I just do 236D~214B>214D

I wasn't sure where to ask, so I'll ask here.

Long story short, my PS3 decided to bite the dust and I purchased a new one. I have a new account and everything. I've started using V-13 again and I have a decent grasp of her combos, but I'm still getting used to her neutral-wise.

I have some trouble fighting Azrael. How exactly do you move against him? I just feel like I lose control the minute he lands a hit. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in that matchup.

Can someone give a good, general overview of what I should be doing to escape asap at the start of the round? I was covered under a mountain of salt last night but I have a clearer mind today.

Might be that I'm used to fighting him in cp but I've treated fighting az like he's a mobile tager with threatening pressure(by that I mean while nu tries to avoid getting caught in the first place, az is one of the ones you really dont want to be on you compared to some other MUs).  IAD back at round start then the worse i think they can do is gustaf or dash in which means they do get pressure(though iirc gustaf doesn't catch your IAD back but he'll be really close to you)

other than the usual risks of 5/6d round start I like trying to catch certain moves with 3c then making space when they trip.  Though Az has several moves that cause 3c to whiff either because he's in the air during a move or he steps back. Dash up 2b works if you know they are gonna watch what you do first.

Getting him off you once he's in is a different thing altogether, better off respecting what they go for till you see an opening to backdash(or with amazing reads, call out an empty dash crossup with a forward dash of your own) or poke out a slow move with 5a.

parser is nice to create space or escape once you manage a gatling into it.  only half a penny, im sure someone else can give better details

@Nakkiel Is there any more footage of your play apart from the one on Khaos gaming? I learned alot from your set against spark. Im also curious about any other (strong) western v13 footage if anybody has games they can show.

@Nakkiel Is there any more footage of your play apart from the one on Khaos gaming? I learned alot from your set against spark. Im also curious about any other (strong) western v13 footage if anybody has games they can show.

There are some videos from EVO 2015.

Here is the 1st video of a 3-part casuals video.

This includes my 3 matches I played as point for the AR qualifier.

Might be that I'm used to fighting him in cp but I've treated fighting az like he's a mobile tager with threatening pressure(by that I mean while nu tries to avoid getting caught in the first place, az is one of the ones you really dont want to be on you compared to some other MUs).  IAD back at round start then the worse i think they can do is gustaf or dash in which means they do get pressure(though iirc gustaf doesn't catch your IAD back but he'll be really close to you)

other than the usual risks of 5/6d round start I like trying to catch certain moves with 3c then making space when they trip.  Though Az has several moves that cause 3c to whiff either because he's in the air during a move or he steps back. Dash up 2b works if you know they are gonna watch what you do first.

Getting him off you once he's in is a different thing altogether, better off respecting what they go for till you see an opening to backdash(or with amazing reads, call out an empty dash crossup with a forward dash of your own) or poke out a slow move with 5a.

parser is nice to create space or escape once you manage a gatling into it.  only half a penny, im sure someone else can give better details

It gives me an idea of what to do. Thanks.

Hey guys these are from a while ago but i still need some advise on how to play nu, i play her after a couple matches in both videos. To be honest i haven't put much time into her so any advise or tips on what to learn would be great. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4GOBjFek-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MewgsvR091s

What I got from the vid is that the opponent doesn't really "like" dealing with Nu so he does dumb things, I might as well be wrong, but w/e. Also, work on converting your hits into better dmg, and trying using j.D when the opponent is going to you through the air when you IADBack so you cab keep the opponent further away from you so you don't go cornering yourself.

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 4015D using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply! That explains it.

I got the idea from her Challenge 20 sample solution. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26237962   :sweatdrop:

It should go:

236[D] > 5D > 2D > 6D > 2DD > j.2D > j.6DD > j.214D~C > j.C > 2DD > 5D > 6D > 2DD > 236D > 214A > 5D > 2D > ....

Knowing what I know now, the A.I. returns to neutral inbetween the 2DD and 236D, aka a pain in the butt to do.

About this, even tho this is a late reply, i think doing stuff>2DD>jc then cancel your jump startup into 236D should reset the drives, I haven't tested it yet, but It would be a nice thing if Nu can in fact do it, I'll check later.

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 4015D using Tapatalk

So, yea, Nu can do 5DD>4DD>5DD>4DD>jc 236D~214A>5DD>2DD>5DD>jc j.DD>j.6DD>j.DD>j.214D and stuff like that in the corner. I guess she's got a little more combo options.

On Wed 18 Nov 2015 09:00:39 AM, HunterSteven said:

Hey guys, here's some matches i had against a tager player and i'd really appreciate some advise. I already know about things like too many backdashes, bad confirms, combo drops(it was online as well) but any help to improve my general gameplan would be great.

https://youtu.be/_0zjgluU130

This is more MU related but, you seem to scared against Tager, I see you hold back when you're magnetized, you should be running to create space so you can lock him down, not holding back so you can let him get in for free.

You go in at unnecessarily, you don't want Tager to be close to you.

Your combo choice against Tager isn't the best, like I said before, you dont want Tager next to you, so, you end with putting them fullscreen (Or as far as you can, well, if you want dmg), for example, Drives>236DC214C>5B>6A>6C>236[D].

Even tho this is netplay, you weren't confirming your hits into anything dmging and even then, X>3C>236D214C is a waste of gravity, C Gravity is put behind them so it's useless, end with 236D214B if you ever do that, but I'd recommend actually confirming into a full-combo and putting Tager fullscreen.

*cough* too much 5C *cough*

I've probably missed something.