Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

someonewhodied

[CPEX] Λ-11 Combo Thread (Updated 6/14/2015)

CH Corner combo.

3C > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236C > 5C > OD > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > j.C > j.2C > 214D > otg 3C > 632146D

I was never that great at optimizing blade hits for either Nu or Lambda but this nets about 3.9k

Pretty simple, bet it could be extended, shit, I barely put any D moves in there.

I guess the more important things to note here are 3C > 6A & the ability to otg with 3C after most 214D enders(within distance, of course) that has hit in OD. Something Nu doesn't have.

edit: Ahh I'm stupid I forgot to test this without counter hit and 3C>6A needs that to function. Good news is that 214D> otg 3C still only needs OD to work.

For CH3Cs I found some better alternatives. If you're going for simplicity, you're in luck, because CH3C seems to be VERY generous.

A CH3C lets you connect 214D with really loose timing, you can actually start to input it a bit after the last hit and it will still connect. This will work anywhere as long as you're closer than the tip of 3C(the 214D will connect, but your only followup would be a really strictly timed 6D), but if done midscreen, it needs the dash for the 6A to connect afterwards. So the following is pretty universal:

CH3C>214D>(66)>6A>5C>6C

After the 6C there are 2 main simple ways to follow up:

-236C near corner. The outer limit seems to be 1 line to the right of the middle line between the 2 big blue lines in the training room(or 3 small dashes from starting position).

-6D anywhere besides the corner. Obviously not too close to the corner, but at that range 236C will hit anyway, so no loss there.

The simplest followup with 6D will net 3.5k with j214D finish and 4.5k with 632146D

The best(probably? who knows?) followup for 236C seems to be 22D, but if you have a hard time with that, 2C>j5C>j2C>JC>j5C>j2C>632146D will net you an easy 4.5k as well.

I know your combo isn't supposed to be optimized, but it's actually way harder to execute than it should be.

Here are the important parts listed, they all work by themselves:

CH3>214D

214D>(66)>6A - dash only not needed when you're cramped in the corner

(corner)3C>236B>2B>6A

236C>22D - (needs some muscle memory)

CH3>2C>5C - A simple version, for those times when you REALLY want to be lazy. It's damage is basically the same as if you did CH3C>6A, but as with 214D, it's easier to hit. Slso, it looks a bit mundane, so people might get salty over it and make it easier to win(even though outside the most optimized combos, it's just as effective as anything else).

Now, what this thread is lacking way too much in my opinion, is Astral combos, so here are some:

Normals:

5C>AH

6C>AH

3C>AH

4D>AH - NINTENDO HARD spacing required for this to work

CH6A>AH - ground hit

CH5B>AH

CHj5B>AH

CHj2C>AH

6B>2D>AH

214D>(66)>6A>(5C)>(OD)>AH - the AH seems really hard to do after dashing, the 5C gives enough time to properly input the AH, the OD can help with it at the cost of making the timing stricter - pick your poison.

OD>CH22D>airdash>AH - Fancy as hell, also it's possible to do on reaction if the opponent tries something really obvious, like a Hell's Fang from half screen away, or stuff like Kagura's 6D>C, Tager's 2D, you get the point.

2A>3C[1]>OD>3C>AH - for those times when you REALLY want the certain win

anything>3C>AH - it will hit as long as the 3C hit closer than the tip

point-blank 5C>AH

anything>214A>AH

Corner:

6B>AH - rarely works, REALLY tight

236C>AH

236C>6B>2D>AH

236B>2B>6A>AH - It looks like it would be too far, it's not. On the other hand, it will be too far if you put anything in front of 236B

My favorite: CH3C>236D>AH - The opponent arrives on a juggling silver platter. I'm quite sure it will be the most feared experience for anyone who got caught in it once.

Luckily, against the burst-happy opponents, there's the CH3C[1]>OD>236D>AH version.

Sorry for the format, I might make it a bit easier to read later.

Im trying to do the 5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > jc > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D combo, but the j5D after the jump cancel whiffs. Any idea why that is happening and to land it more consisitently?

Make sure that you're jumping as far as you can backwards after 5D, and the same after j.6D, or else the second j.6D may not hit either.

Accidentally posted early. Disregard until this disappears(EDIT2: nevermind, deleted the extra stuff, it will be put in a comprehensive D guide instead).

As Frost Monarch said, you want to be as far away as possible. Your example combo would be like this(the 7/8/9 notes which particular jumps the combo is using):

7-7 with or without dash momentum:

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D

This is the standard what you should go for, it works from training mode left+SELECT range to the opponent almost hugging the corner. Dash momentum is irrelevant.

If the first j.5D whiffs at this range, you're inputting j.2D too slow.

7-8 or 8-7 without dash momentum:

Same as the above, but it seems like a bad habit.

7-8 or 8-7 with dash momentum:

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.2D > j.5D > j.214D

Here the last j.6D whiffs and the first j.5D does as well if you're too slow with j.2D, so just get used to using backjumps.

8-8 with or without dash momentum(this is basically what you can do if you're doing if you do 5A/2A while you hug the wall):

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.2D > j.214D

Note however, if you're hugging the wall, almost anything into 3C > 236A will get you out, so other than finishing off the opponent, there's no reason to use the BnB there.

A few versions with damage listed, to see when the backed to corner finish is viable(5A/2A start):

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > j.2D >

> j.214D - 2324

> j.632146D - 3219

> OD > j.632146D - 3469

You could also RC > 66 > j.B+C anytime between the the j.2D and second jump for 3.2-3.5k damage, so you can wager 1k on a possible sideswap(or if you look at it another way, a possible 2k more than the 5A/2A > 5B > 3C > 236A combo).

Starting the combo with 5B lets you do 5B > 5C > 6C > 5D > j.2D, where normal jump work for the full combo, so it can be done hugging the wall as well.

I could write up a lot more situations, but even this 1 simple thing got so long, so more to come in the mentioned Comprehensive D Guide.

For CH3Cs I found some better alternatives. If you're going for simplicity, you're in luck, because CH3C seems to be VERY generous.

A CH3C lets you connect 214D with really loose timing, you can actually start to input it a bit after the last hit and it will still connect. This will work anywhere as long as you're closer than the tip of 3C(the 214D will connect, but your only followup would be a really strictly timed 6D), but if done midscreen, it needs the dash for the 6A to connect afterwards. So the following is pretty universal:

CH3C>214D>(66)>6A>5C>6C

After the 6C there are 2 main simple ways to follow up:

-236C near corner. The outer limit seems to be 1 line to the right of the middle line between the 2 big blue lines in the training room(or 3 small dashes from starting position).

-6D anywhere besides the corner. Obviously not too close to the corner, but at that range 236C will hit anyway, so no loss there.

The simplest followup with 6D will net 3.5k with j214D finish and 4.5k with 632146D

The best(probably? who knows?) followup for 236C seems to be 22D, but if you have a hard time with that, 2C>j5C>j2C>JC>j5C>j2C>632146D will net you an easy 4.5k as well.

I know your combo isn't supposed to be optimized, but it's actually way harder to execute than it should be.

Here are the important parts listed, they all work by themselves:

CH3>214D

214D>(66)>6A - dash only not needed when you're cramped in the corner

(corner)3C>236B>2B>6A

236C>22D - (needs some muscle memory)

CH3>2C>5C - A simple version, for those times when you REALLY want to be lazy. It's damage is basically the same as if you did CH3C>6A, but as with 214D, it's easier to hit. Slso, it looks a bit mundane, so people might get salty over it and make it easier to win(even though outside the most optimized combos, it's just as effective as anything else.)

The most optimized you can get with a CH 3C would be the following:

(Midscreen) CH 3C > 214D > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236D > 66 > 4D > 6D > 2D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (3718, +28) - Simplicity

(Midscreen) CH 3C > 214D > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 22D > 2D > JC > j.5D > j.2D > j.6D > j.214D (3990, +29) - Max Damage/Corner Carry

(Back to corner/Midscreen but won't hit the corner) CH 3C > 214D > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 2D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (3819, +28)

The most optimized you can get with a CH 3C would be the following:

(Midscreen) CH 3C > 214D > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236D > 66 > 4D > 6D > 2D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (3718, +28) - Simplicity

(Midscreen) CH 3C > 214D > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 22D > 2D > JC > j.5D > j.2D > j.6D > j.214D (3990, +29) - Max Damage/Corner Carry

(Back to corner/Midscreen but won't hit the corner) CH 3C > 214D > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 2D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (3819, +28)

Am I the only one who can't manage 6C > 236D? I also know that 6C > 236A > 236C is supposed to connect, but I can't get that one down either. Is it just really tight with the timing or is it character specific?

If it's one of those things that need to be practiced day and night, 200 damage seems to be a good tradeoff for start.

Also found that 214D > 66 > 5B > 6A > 6B works, so backed to the corner a risky (2D > j.5C > j.2C >) JC > j.B+C will sideswitch for 3473 or 4157 for including the bracketed part. Both can be followed up for 236D oki.

With enough delay after 216D > 66 it's possible to do 5B > 6A twice(I think this was actually included in one of the challenges), it adds about 100 damage, so again, not sure it's worth risking the combo for it(I wonder if it works with your 236A > 236C and 236D routes though...).

In order to connect things like 5C > 6C > 236D/5C > 6C > 236A > 236C you need to slightly delay the 6C after 5C, it is not character specific. Although it may take you some time to get the timing down, it is worth it for the extra damage and corner carry routes. Also, I wouldn't advise ending (or even including) a purple throw in your combos. As for double 5B > 6A, it's not really worth it since it can be difficult to connect consistently depending on the opponent's height, and it cuts the combo short too.

In order to connect things like 5C > 6C > 236D/5C > 6C > 236A > 236C you need to slightly delay the 6C after 5C, it is not character specific. Although it may take you some time to get the timing down, it is worth it for the extra damage and corner carry routes. Also, I wouldn't advise ending (or even including) a purple throw in your combos. As for double 5B > 6A, it's not really worth it since it can be difficult to connect consistently depending on the opponent's height, and it cuts the combo short too.

Thanks, I'll try that out.

I know double 5B > 6A is not optimal, but looks really silly if I do 6B > 2D > AH afterwards :P

As for the purple throw, I know it's really bad, but look at my signature. It really takes me back...

Make sure that you're jumping as far as you can backwards after 5D, and the same after j.6D, or else the second j.6D may not hit either.

Accidentally posted early. Disregard until this disappears(EDIT2: nevermind, deleted the extra stuff, it will be put in a comprehensive D guide instead).

As Frost Monarch said, you want to be as far away as possible. Your example combo would be like this(the 7/8/9 notes which particular jumps the combo is using):

7-7 with or without dash momentum:

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D

This is the standard what you should go for, it works from training mode left+SELECT range to the opponent almost hugging the corner. Dash momentum is irrelevant.

If the first j.5D whiffs at this range, you're inputting j.2D too slow.

7-8 or 8-7 without dash momentum:

Same as the above, but it seems like a bad habit.

7-8 or 8-7 with dash momentum:

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.2D > j.5D > j.214D

Here the last j.6D whiffs and the first j.5D does as well if you're too slow with j.2D, so just get used to using backjumps.

8-8 with or without dash momentum(this is basically what you can do if you're doing if you do 5A/2A while you hug the wall):

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.2D > j.214D

Note however, if you're hugging the wall, almost anything into 3C > 236A will get you out, so other than finishing off the opponent, there's no reason to use the BnB there.

A few versions with damage listed, to see when the backed to corner finish is viable(5A/2A start):

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 6D > 5D > j.2D > j.5D > j.6D > j.2D >

> j.214D - 2324

> j.632146D - 3219

> OD > j.632146D - 3469

You could also RC > 66 > j.B+C anytime between the the j.2D and second jump for 3.2-3.5k damage, so you can wager 1k on a possible sideswap(or if you look at it another way, a possible 2k more than the 5A/2A > 5B > 3C > 236A combo).

Starting the combo with 5B lets you do 5B > 5C > 6C > 5D > j.2D, where normal jump work for the full combo, so it can be done hugging the wall as well.

I could write up a lot more situations, but even this 1 simple thing got so long, so more to come in the mentioned Comprehensive D Guide.

I'll definitely try what you guys suggested...Thanks for the help :D

Besides these examples, all variations except j.6D > j.2D work, so 5>2>6/2>6>5/6>5(>2)/2>5>6 will all work. In most combos only 1 or 2 of them will work, but if you have trouble with a certain combo, try other orders to see if they work.

Here's a fast rundown of each one:

2>5>6: This is your standard air string, it works after 5D, puts you pretty much in the same position as you were before, so it would be possible to do this indefinitely if it weren't for hitstun decay and jump limit. Leaves you in perfect j.2D range.

2>6>5: This moves your opponent upwards in a nice arc centered on Lambda, almost the same as the above, the difference is that it works when the opponent is in j.2D angle, but too far away for the j.5D to work afterwards. This will leave them in it's own starting range as well. If you do this at normal j.2D range, the j.5D will continue the arc up and in towards Lambda, disabling you from any followup.

6>5(>2): This is your "long range" air string, do this after a far away 2D(or just really far raw hit). Most of the times you need to start with j.6D because 5 goes above their heads, when they are low enough after 6>5, the 2 will connect as well. Leaves you in far j.2D range(so use the above 2>6>5 version because the 5 in 2>5>6 will whiff). Landing only 6>5 will land you in a special position. From 6>5 you can actually follow up with every combination besides the standard AND this is the only time 6>2>5 connects. This only happens if you omit the 2(or can't connect it), with 2 at the end, it will give you 2 range, both the close and long one work here. Now this also means that ALL of this works for when you hit the opponent with a raw j.6D, so I guess this makes j.6D that much better. Use this when the opponent is far away and slightly below you.

5>2>6: This is your other "long range" air string, it gives you essentially the same vector as the standard 2>5>6, with the exception that you can follow up with all 3 afterwards, however you aren't in proper range for 6>5, so do one of the others. It seems not to work at first, but you'll probably notice that it's because j.2D goes below the opponent. You actually have to delay it a bit so the opponent falls into it. Do this when the opponent is far away and slightly above you.

I think these detail all the cases regarding the j.Ds.

Great breakdown, geass!

Found a more optimal OD route than the one I posted on the previous page:

Back to Corner: 5B > 5C > ODC > 66 > 5B > 2C > 5D > 214D > 66 > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 66 > 2D > JC > j.D > j.214D (4499, +33)

Midscreen: 5B > 5C > ODC > 66 > 5B > 2C > 5D > 214D > 66 > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C > j.2147D (4312, +31)

Corner: 5B > 5C > ODC > 66 > 5B > 2C > 5D > 214D > 66 > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236D > 236C > j.2147D (4512, +33)

Great breakdown, geass!

Found a more optimal OD route than the one I posted on the previous page:

Back to Corner: 5B > 5C > ODC > 66 > 5B > 2C > 5D > 214D > 66 > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C > 66 > 2D > JC > j.D > j.214D (4499, +33)

Midscreen: 5B > 5C > ODC > 66 > 5B > 2C > 5D > 214D > 66 > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A > 236C > j.2147D (4312, +31)

Corner: 5B > 5C > ODC > 66 > 5B > 2C > 5D > 214D > 66 > 5B > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236D > 236C > j.2147D (4512, +33)

No offense, but they don't seem too optimal. The 5C>ODC>66> seems unreliable especially when 5B hit at max range and also it seems like then need quite some amount of HP to be lost for the OD to be long enough.

Sometimes less is more:

100%: 5B(any distance it hits) > 5C > 6C > 5D > ODC > 5D > 236C > 6D > 2D > (5D) > air combo > j.DD (4911, +31)

This can be done at any distance, though in case the opponent literally hugs the wall, the 236C needs to be followed up by 2C > C air-route(4800-something, around +30, or any OP corner shenanigans).

With 1% HP the OD will last until the end if you omit the last j.6D (5642, +42).

Point is, it seems like there are many simpler options.

I posted those with emphasis on maximizing your damage while at 100% health, because best case scenario you'll get that much damage, and worst case you'll get even more at lower health. They're a bit tricky on timing, but it's matter of getting the microdash down.

Regarding the combo you posted, I couldn't get 4.9k with 100 health. And yes there are simpler options, and there's nothing wrong with doing them if you're consistent with landing them. But you sacrifice potential rewards such as extra damage and corner carry.

To connect 236A > 22D, make sure that you're slightly delaying the string before that "6A > (pause) > 5C > (slight pause) > 6C". That should help you connect 236A > 22D. You can also make it a bit easier on yourself by pushing Azrael to the corner first.

Another question, how do you get 236A > 236C to work consistently when combing off of 6C? It seems to work when done raw but when done off of 6C it doesn't seem to work as well.

Thanks in advance.

It follows the same timing as I mentioned above, although, your timing with 236A > 236C must be on point. If the opponent techs before you hit with 236C, that means you need to input 236A > 236C faster. If the opponent techs before you reach them with 236A, you're not delaying 5C > 6C long enough.

It follows the same timing as I mentioned above, although, your timing with 236A > 236C must be on point. If the opponent techs before you hit with 236C, that means you need to input 236A > 236C faster. If the opponent techs before you reach them with 236A, you're not delaying 5C > 6C long enough.

The thing I can't figure out is why 236A seems to cancel into 236C easily when done on its own but when done off of 6C it doesn't seem to cancel as smoothly. Is there a reason for that? Her throw combo seems to give me the most trouble.

Well naturally it would be easier to cancel 236A > 236C raw because you don't need to worry about timing, since you're not comboing the opponent into it, like you are with 6C. Since you said throw combo, I'll assume you're referring to "Throw > 236D > 6C > 236A > 236C". You don't need to delay anything with 6C here, the opponent is already low enough to ground after 236D, so you can input 6C > 236A > 236C as fast as you want.

Something I forgot to mention, you'll need to dash forward after 236D so you'll be close enough to connect 236A > 236C. So it'll really look like: "Throw > 236D > 66 > 6C > 236A > 236C"

Is it possible to get decent damage off of DD > 236B > RC > 236C? It doesn't seem to juggle very well. Something without 6C > 236A > 236C would be awesome as I still can't get it to work consistently :/

There aren't that many easy/decent damage routes off of 5D > 236B > RC, so I'll list what you can do.

5D > 236B > RC > 5D > 6D > 2D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (2371, -47)

5D > 236B > RC > 236C > 66 > 2D > 5D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (2738, -44)

5D > 236B > RC > 236C > 66 > 6A > 6C > 6D > 2D > JC > j.5D > JC > j.6D > j.214D (2951, -44)

5D > 236B > RC > 66 > 6C > 236A > 236C > 66 > 2D > 5D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (2877, -44)

5D > 236B > RC > 66 > 6C > 236D > 66 > 236C > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (2945, -43)

That's the gist of what you can do, as you can see, 5D is a bad starter, as evidenced by none of the above combos breaking 3K.

There aren't that many easy/decent damage routes off of 5D > 236B > RC, so I'll list what you can do.

5D > 236B > RC > 5D > 6D > 2D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (2371, -47)

5D > 236B > RC > 236C > 66 > 2D > 5D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (2738, -44)

5D > 236B > RC > 236C > 66 > 6A > 6C > 6D > 2D > JC > j.5D > JC > j.6D > j.214D (2951, -44)

5D > 236B > RC > 66 > 6C > 236A > 236C > 66 > 2D > 5D > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (2877, -44)

5D > 236B > RC > 66 > 6C > 236D > 66 > 236C > JC > j.5D > j.6D > j.214D (2945, -43)

That's the gist of what you can do, as you can see, 5D is a bad starter, as evidenced by none of the above combos breaking 3K.

Bummer, guess I need to invest my meter elsewhere. Thanks for the info :)

The timing is dependent on how early or late you input 2D, if you input 2D as fast as you can after 6B, you may want to do: 6B > 2D > 7 > IAD > j.B~C > 6A. The back input before the IAD will give the opponent time to fall a decent height in order for j.B~j.C to connect. 

If you input 2D a bit later, then you'll want to neutral jump into IAD to catch the opponent with j.B~j.C as quickly as you can. 

The timing is dependent on how early or late you input 2D, if you input 2D as fast as you can after 6B, you may want to do: 6B > 2D > 7 > IAD > j.B~C > 6A. The back input before the IAD will give the opponent time to fall a decent height in order for j.B~j.C to connect. 

If you input 2D a bit later, then you'll want to neutral jump into IAD to catch the opponent with j.B~j.C as quickly as you can. 

I DID IT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! Thanks man xD