Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CPEX] Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend News and Gameplay Discussion 3.0

Because you're arbitrarily deciding that blocking out of every other mechanic should be bulletproof.

Exactly. So why is it a problem if there's one more way for it to be vulnerable?

Do you think Crush Trigger also defeats the purpose of it?

Basically you'd have to be against that too by that logic.

I would treat Crush Trigger as serving the same basic purpose as a grab does. Crush Trigger doesn't bother me.

I don't understand why I have to keep saying this. Why should I bother blocking if I'm taking the damage anyway? The whole purpose of blocking is to not take damage from regular attacks. Honestly, I probably wouldn't give a shit at all if he only did 1-2k with a full spam lvl 3 drill attack, at least the block would have served its purpose in reducing the damage, but then he'd be an even worse character than he already is. Then again, that's not my problem.

I feel like this sums it up:

"If I don't like it, it's stupid and shouldn't exist"

Well, we can agree that anyone's entitled to what they think and feel. And you aren't wrong about it.

Not going to change how Amane's Drill-your-shield-and-life-to-death-Man, Arakune becoming Guard Crush Kill Man, Tager the Grappler, or Haku-counter-men

What's more important is, as a player, can you handle it?

And plus, doesn't Amame have to work for his Level3 or is he able to pull that off with a single execution?

And plus, doesn't Amame have to work for his Level3 or is he able to pull that off with a single execution?

He has to do work, especially in 2.0. The guaranteed 6D setups now need a 50 meter and either a j.B, 6A/3C counterhit, or anti-air confirm at midscreen, or a character-specific confirm in the corner. Outside of those, the only way 6D will hit for Lv 3 is if the opponent fell asleep on defense or teched poorly. It can no longer be held on whiff (DPs and good techs can escape meterless setups free), and the Hariken drills no longer lock down the opponent long enough to land a 6D.

Edit: Further, drill gain from Hariken stance has been slowed, and the drill gain from OD activation is no longer additive with other drill-gaining actions.

Raziul

a drill is not a regular attack

it's a fucking drill

Is it a grab or a command grab? Is it a crush trigger? No? Then it's a regular attack.

What are Ragna's drive moves then? Or Jin's ice? or Makoto's D moves? They're all regular attacks with special properties behind them.

Once More:

what is the point in blocking if I take the same damage whether I block or don't?

Why should I bother blocking if I'm taking the damage anyway?

I already explained. If he's gonna do chip, he's gonna do chip, but there's no reason why it would make sense to take as much damage blocking as I would have from getting hit into a regular combo.

Is it a grab or a command grab? Is it a crush trigger? No? Then it's a regular attack.

What are Ragna's drive moves then? Or Jin's ice? or Makoto's D moves? They're all regular attacks with special properties behind them.

Once More:

I already explained. If he's gonna do chip, he's gonna do chip, but there's no reason why it would make sense to take as much damage blocking as I would have from getting hit into a regular combo.

bruh..... why you hatin?  you take less damage from the drill if you dont block it anyway and to be honest if amane gets a level 3 drill on you and you taking a 2 to 3k damage chip from it thats  YOUR fault not amane's because thats the premise with him. you either out beat him in neutral and learn the match up to exploit his weaknesses as a character or you simply lose to his gameplan that is around chip damage. simple as that. take your vent ball that shit up and put it back in yo pocket son. deal with it like the rest of us. dont become another star demon

It's almost like Amane's unique mechanics require unique answers in order to deal with them. Crazy, right?

The point of his drive is that if he can get to level 3, your defensive options are more limited against him than you are against other fighters while he is actively pressuring you. Amane need to keep momentum in order to keep that up, and he has to eat your barrier first, which has always taken a good three or so drills to completely chew through the barrier gauge unless you're being wasteful with it. You deal with his drive when he isn't actively drilling you. Amane's has no safe drill into drill blockstrings, and drill upkeep is by no means a free action.

It's entirely on you if you're letting Amane do that. Amane got rewarded for outplaying you, and conversely, you're being punished for letting Amane control the match.

Bahhhh, bahhh bah bah bahhh bahh baaaahh bah.

Bah, bah bah, bababahhhh. baaaahhhhh.

Maybe that will make more sense to some of you.

The purpose of blocking is to not take damage. Taking a full combos worth of damage because I blocked a move that wasn't a grab is fucking stupid. It's really that simple. I wouldn't fucking care, if his chip damage was more reasonable, but to have a character that can ignore the most basic purpose of a fundamental mechanic is dumb. Whoever made Amane should be chucked into a volcano. The character probably shouldn't exist on principle alone.

The purpose of blocking is to not take damage. Taking a full combos worth of damage because I blocked a move that wasn't a grab is fucking stupid. It's really that simple. I wouldn't fucking care, if his chip damage was more reasonable, but to have a character that can ignore the most basic purpose of a fundamental mechanic is dumb. Whoever made Amane should be chucked into a volcano. The character probably shouldn't exist on principle alone.

man what the fuck is with you can you say something that isn't entirely inane like look at what you've wrote 

yeah thats just about all im hearing from you. mhm... _-_

He has no mixup, so why should anybody care?

Because honestly, most of you sound like a bunch of complacent sheep. I really don't understand why I always feel like the only person here who's willing to call out the bullshit when it's there. You all sit here acting like there's nothing wrong with this game, and the moment I say I disagree with a part of the game, all the mighty elitists rise up to try and prove me wrong.

Most of the time it's simply an opinion, but you're all too fucking busy trying to prove me wrong to recognize that. Why is it wrong for me to be upset about a design decision? If you're going to come here and attack my opinion, don't be so surprised when I defend it.

There are a lot of things I disagree with in this game, bullshit like the hurtboxes on characters and moves, the range on air grabs in general, the sheer amount of invincibility in this game at this point, and there have been plenty of times where I've expressed those opinions, but it doesn't change the fact that this is still my single favorite fighting game series of all time.

So fuck off and chill out. Just because I don't like something and I say so, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Just because I don't like something and I say so, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

opinions can be wrong. it's not like just because it's your opinion nobody can call you out

Because honestly, most of you sound like a bunch of complacent sheep. I really don't understand why I always feel like the only person here who's willing to call out the bullshit when it's there. You all sit here acting like there's nothing wrong with this game, and the moment I say I disagree with a part of the game, all the mighty elitists rise up to try and prove me wrong.

Most of the time it's simply an opinion, but you're all too fucking busy trying to prove me wrong to recognize that. Why is it wrong for me to be upset about a design decision? If you're going to come here and attack my opinion, don't be so surprised when I defend it.

There are a lot of things I disagree with in this game, bullshit like the hurtboxes on characters and moves, the range on air grabs in general, the sheer amount of invincibility in this game at this point, and there have been plenty of times where I've expressed those opinions, but it doesn't change the fact that this is still my single favorite fighting game series of all time.

So fuck off and chill out. Just because I don't like something and I say so, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

I come from the magical world of GFAQs, so idreallycare that much about the wining.

But like, if you hate the game that much, why don't you stop playing? Everybody has learnt to live with the BS in this game just to play it, me being one of them, so why can't you just live with it?

I'm pretty sure I'm going off-topic here ;;

opinions can be wrong. it's not like just because it's your opinion nobody can call you out

We're not arguing about anything factual and scientific.

IEverybody has learnt to live with the BS in this game just to play it, me being one of them, so why can't you just live with it?

That's the sort of complacency I just mentioned.

Amazing how you're able to amass so much hate and contradicting thoughts every time you rant about a character. I can't even do that with CT Arakune.

I'm sure there are thousands of players that share your bane about (insert character here) being broken. I know I shared my bane with Kokonoe (ver. 1.0)

And then there's the other thousand that don't because they find their own way to deal with whatever nonsense they have.

It's just that, deal with it, or die and whine. You're entitled to say what ever you deem fit. Just don't expect a crowd hailing you as a hero. You sure weren't this time, again

Razuil, I love you. You're my bro, but this is pretty dumb man. 

Its a gimmick of one character in a cast of 26, Amane is literally the only character who can do that much damage on chip. So in that sense, why complain about one character when the entire game isn't even like that? 

I mean, if Amane was broken as fucking sin then you'd have a point, but he's pretty mediocre overall. He has no mixup, his damage is weak as hell and the aforementioned gimmick has to be played effectively to be of any use.  That's what balances him out in the first place. 

If you're upset that blocking is rendered "useless", then learn not to be put in that situation. Train your defense, learn what to avoid. That is one of the key fundamentals about these games, learning how to outplay through your opponent's tactics. 

Criticizing the gimmick of one character because you can't defend against it properly is extremely immature, and then go on to accuse of us of being complacent because a few people disagree. Come on man, you're better than that.