Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CPEX] Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend News and Gameplay Discussion 3.0

Just because I don't like something and I say so, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

but youre wrong

I got bodied by Eshi's Amane at UFGT last year, and it had nothing to do with Amane trivializing/disregarding base fighting game mechanics. I just didn't know what the hell was going on and couldn't adapt in time . I think it would be good for people to actually look into what the character is doing before screaming bloody murder. If you hate how Amane chips you, don't let him go in on you.

And now I'm on a great redemption quest :V

All right peeps. Back to business, let people say what they want. Doesn't mean a bloody thing if we're able to beat'em anyways.

Against Amane, I hound him down with Arakune's JB, he doesn't seem to have a reliable close range anti air like Rags or Terumi. Maybe the upward drill?

With Tager, sledge counter the drill? I don't think the drill hurt me when I'm sledging with Tager. Ah well, not like I fight too many Amane's to be an expert against him.

We're not arguing about anything factual and scientific.

You're arguing about a game design decision. "Blocking is meant to prevent damage." If you're going to argue for some sort of system change then your reasoning has to make sense. There's like 50 things that are already similar to it though so it doesn't.

All of these mechanics are designed to discourage simply blocking forever, and to encourage you to try and attack out or use some other means to defend yourself. For instance, Guard Primers from Continuum Shift. It works the exact same way. If you block some normal attacks, you lose Guard Primers and get guard crushed. You are punished for blocking, and have to use barrier or stop them from hitting you.

So you see, your problem with chip damage is wrong because you're being inconsistent, unless you are also against all of those other things. But in that case it's just absurd because you're rejecting like half of the game.

Tager command throw does 30% damage on block. It cant be throw teched or barrier guarded, and unlike drills he can do it at any time, he doesnt have to catch you sleeping with something like Amane's 6D to max out an arbitrary gauge. Grapplers are badly designed characters too, right?

Stating that it's your opinion doesnt make you immune to criticism, nor make your statements any less stupid and scrubby. Like why are you even posting in this forum? Seriously.

Tager command throw does 30% damage on block. It cant be throw teched or barrier guarded, and unlike drills he can do it at any time, he doesnt have to catch you sleeping with something like Amane's 6D to max out an arbitrary gauge. Grapplers are badly designed characters too, right?

Stating that it's your opinion doesnt make you immune to criticism, nor make your statements any less stupid and scrubby. Like why are you even posting in this forum? Seriously.

no see, that's different. throws are MADE to counter blocking, so high damage throws are to persuade you to not block even harder

chip damage on the other hand... that shit is just straight broken.

crush triggers are okay though! because while it's a non-throw move that punishes you with a combo for blocking, it's part of the game's fundamental design.

and chip damage isn't

amane shouldn't exist

Tager command throw does 30% damage on block. It cant be throw teched or barrier guarded, and unlike drills he can do it at any time, he doesnt have to catch you sleeping with something like Amane's 6D. Grapplers are badly designed characters too I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...I check back 12 hours later and this is still going huh.

But yeah what he said. I really don't see the big deal about the chip damage when Tager's command grabs do the same thing and you avoid both in the same way basically. Just...don't be there when they do it. In fact, you could probably avoid the drills easier with Hakumen since I imagine you can just counter them unlike grabs. Even worse is Arakune since he can just curse you for days and basically have free crush triggers now so the chip doesn't sound like much compared to that shit.

In short, just fucking jump man...

Also there's no "fundamental fighting game design" anyway. Every FG has its own mechanics and own approach based on what the game designers want to promote in the game. So just because it does it one way over another doesn't automatically mean it's wrong. You'd have to make some sort of argument about how the existence of the mechanic is unhealthy for the game and how it would be better off without it.

no see, that's different. throws are MADE to counter blocking, so high damage throws are to persuade you to not block even harder

chip damage on the other hand... that shit is just straight broken.

crush triggers are okay though! because while it's a non-throw move that punishes you with a combo for blocking, it's part of the game's fundamental design.

and chip damage isn't

amane shouldn't exist

crush triggers take resources, like 25 whole meter! Obviously this is much more limiting than hitting level 3 drill solely using a move with 44 frames of startup before even having the opportunity.

Name a single modern fighting game that doesn't use a block mechanic.

Street Fighter does.

MvC does.

GG does.

Mortal Kombat does.

Smash Bros does.

Tekken does.

I would consider that pretty fundamental.

Street Fighter does.

MvC does.

GG does.

Mortal Kombat does.

Smash Bros does.

Tekken does.

What does this have to do with anything? Yea, blocking is a thing, so what? There's mechanics to beak said block, like lows, overheads, etc....

I don't really see what the point was behind your post tho 

I get Raziul's point but at the same time...Barrier Blocking is a thing, and even that has it's own set of things you need to be aware of.

As far as characters, I've only messed with Raggy and Bullet. Belial Edge da god, although it's still kinda wonky landing the spin state. How's Tao in this version, I haven't messed with her yet.

Street Fighter does.

MvC does.

GG does.

Mortal Kombat does.

Smash Bros does.

Tekken does.

Literally all of those games also have chip damage except Smash.

Literally all of those games also have chip damage except Smash.

smash chips the shield, the more you use it the less it covers, and shield break

Ok, raisin. I see what's going on. You want answers.

Against lv3 5d, you have several options. If you must block the move, mash 4 and hold a and b once you confirm it was blocked. You will barrier the 5d not losing any health, and instant block the multi hit drill. You gain massive meter from this and it is universal. You are also left at a slight more advantage I believe since you ib'd. Regular ib grants a frame extra to react. Before the situation is reset, amane has one more trick, he can hold the drill to mix up your ib barrier game, so react appropriately. Depending on the next attack hakumen's 2a can become a viable option with all his defensive options in midrange neutral.

You can preemptivy counter (d) the 5d. Risk/reward here, how good are you at reacting, what level drill is he on. I do not know amane's drill levels in block completely, but I just need one value. Anyway, 5d level 1 I know is like -7 or something, so either amane is hopping backward for a safe jc, or going offense with fabhop in or 236d. You beat those moves according to their weaknesses. Level 2 I'm not sure or level 3 but pushback is apparently severe on block, so you can punish him for holding d of you barrier ib.

You can counter assault as soon as you block the first few hits of the drill. Careful, as he can probably bait this if he's seen it enough times. Massive advantage, puts amane in a defensive situation. Better have stars

On hit... You might have to eat it. Burst immediately if you so desire. Burst knocks down so take advantage of its positioning. Which leads to my next point, grab momentum as quickly as possible. Do an offensive stall of sorts, 2a mash in pressure, meter less high/low pressure, punish his blocking habits. Midrange, dare him to use 5d. Show him you aren't afraid to do it. Get him closer to the corner, and predict a super jump. Airgrah, jc, jb sometimes. Amazing midrange tools against amane.

If you absolutely must play his cat and mouse game, make sure you are getting his c normal attacks down. He gets one or two chances to whiff a c scarf before he is open for a punish. He also needs you to be exactly where the knot is. Exactly. Haku can low profile 5c with Enma iirc. Please correct me if I'm wrong there as I do not remember. Your main goal is to get pressure started, and play a fundamental game that at best, will whittle at amane's health, and at worst, explode into a very, veeery damaging combo for yourself.

Learn his gimmicks. Nuff said.

smash chips the shield, the more you use it the less it covers, and shield break

That's like saying moves "chip" the barrier gauge when you're barriering...

Anyway, just treat Amane's drill like an unblockable, and adapt.

Alright, Raziul's taking a little break from Dustloop. Get back on topic.

Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots?

I'm so mad. I just spent the last ten minutes reading the glory that was this discussion. I hate missing the party.

So back on topic, anyone else kind of mad that Evo won't have BB (as far as I can tell).?

I'm so mad. I just spent the last ten minutes reading the glory that was this discussion. I hate missing the party.

So back on topic, anyone else kind of mad that Evo won't have BB (as far as I can tell).?

Pretty sure it'll be a side tourney. I think every year they switch up between BB and Persona which one gets to be on the main stage.

Honestly as much as I love that game...it's not gonna last and I'd rather see CPEX instead.

I was so ready to destroy him with his own style of argument, but I guess the fun is over.

I wish Evo had BB but what can you do? Maybe next year. In the meantime, I have enough to do in CPEX (re-learning characters and learning other characters) to keep me entertained.

You can preemptivy counter (d) the 5d. Risk/reward here, how good are you at reacting, what level drill is he on. I do not know amane's drill levels in block completely, but I just need one value. Anyway, 5d level 1 I know is like -7 or something, so either amane is hopping backward for a safe jc, or going offense with fabhop in or 236d. You beat those moves according to their weaknesses. Level 2 I'm not sure or level 3 but pushback is apparently severe on block, so you can punish him for holding d of you barrier.

The pushback from IB barrier on lvl 3 5D is so huge now that he cant even special cancel into zettou to continue pressure, it's almost entirely full screen. Level 2 and 1 have very little pushback but their chip damage is much lower, and if he tries to continue pressure than you can just mash 5a, 6a or DP. None of his offense is safe. Amane can hard bait out disrespect with a select few options, like 214a > jC counterhit, but the reward for it is miniscule and if you block the jC then you can still mash out of him going back in with j236a. People who lose to Amane play way too respectfully and need to press more buttons. Hakumen ESPECIALLY, 5d is absurdly good against Amane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk