Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CPEX] Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend News and Gameplay Discussion 3.0

And here is a PC USER that thanks H2 interactive for it, i have continuum shift extend on steam, and i am going for chronophantasma extend in january, but for now, gotta buy it for PS vita too....while i wait for the pc version.

The game is 1 year old or something on console.

Anyone who would start the game now would be bodied hard by the veterans who followed the console released.

So yeah, in this regard, the game is outdated.

Also, even though i didn't play CF, i do not agree with SKD. The new OD / Burst / Active Flow system will have a pretty significant impact on how you play a match (especially for some characters, mainly special gauge characters)

Someone asks for an orange, gets the orange and throws it out because they don't want it anymore :V

fuck it just doesn't end with people

oranges go moldy though fam

It's nice to see CPEX actually coming out especially after the porters were cunts about it on twitter, but I'm hoping that they actually port CF in a timely fashion since they're actually finally up to date.

The thing I'm dreading is if they decide that they're just gonna wait for CFEX to come out or some bullshit before porting and just release Battle Corps Love Uprising!!! Microstutter Edition in the interim.

The game is 1 year old or something on console.

Anyone who would start the game now would be bodied hard by the veterans who followed the console released.

So yeah, in this regard, the game is outdated.

Also, even though i didn't play CF, i do not agree with SKD. The new OD / Burst / Active Flow system will have a pretty significant impact on how you play a match (especially for some characters, mainly special gauge characters)

I skipped CP, and got this game a month ago.  Just started vs. last weekend, but didn't get bodied by veterans too much.  Had been studying topics & videos here for months, trained for weeks, and played vs. w/white squares up to l.green.  The game is new & fun to me.  I've been going through all the modes & have been sending out invites to people in the BB Player List in my region. Hope to improve some more this weekend. :)

huh? new OD burst or active flow system? aside from AF, everything is pretty much the same minus normalized OD time and forced OD cancel windows, both of which are rather inconsequential, even with characters like izayoi and hakumen (Yes, I play a special gauge character with a lot of resource management). Old burst cooldown, regen rates, OD frame data etc etc do come into play much more significantly. How much more difficult is it to add a single element (being active flow regen) instead of everything at once? Exceed is fairly limited in its uses atm, and it's developed usage usually boils down to reversal or (VERY) situationally optimal combo tool.

Who cares if people get bodied NOW, isnt it better to get bodied in an outdated version of the game, and be able to better keep up with all the new stuff come CF? Thats the point. CF will probably be a nicer hit with a the general competitive playerbase over here (usa) I think, due to shorter combos and less hitstop + faster movement speeds. If it blows up like CP's release did over here, then it's going to be IMPORTANT FOR GROWING PLAYERS TO BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH IT, which is why i said what i did.

edit: a ton of shit about system interactions, character changes and nuances (most of which can be learned in advance through cpex!! whoah!!) are unchanged in CF. Familiarizing yourself with how to work with xxx before being put in a changed environment to which you need to use xxx will help you use it more effectively, and faster. For most of the cast it pans out like revelator, less emphasis on character changes and more emphasis on system changes and how those affect the characters. With a design direction like that, why wouldn't you get familiar with the material it is based off of. its pretty non debatable in the sense that it IS relevant lol. The only real argument you could make is "MAN I DONT WANT TO SPEND MY HARD EARNED 30 TO 40 DOLLARS ON CPEX AT THIS POINT IF CF IS GONNA COME OUT LATE NEXT YEAR" as to which i will say "...ooookay".

I don't know, I think not buying cpex just because it's kind of a ripoff makes sense. I bought the game, and play it regularly, but I have a pretty hard time recommending it to others unless they already like BB a lot. I also definitely think that if you're not near an already existing scene with a good number of players, netplay isn't really a fun or competitive solution. CF looks genuinely exciting and a lot of it's changes are things I've wanted, while CPEX feels kind of like a chore right now.

So yeah, I agree with everything you've said except that it's unreasonable not to buy CPEX. It's unreasonable from a competitive standpoint, but that's not the only way to make that decision.

Well, the intent of those words are to cater to the competitive, or those who want to be competitive (even just doing well on netplay or something). There are too many possible reasons why you wouldn't want to play ex from players who aren't as serious and I get that, that's perfectly fine but then the advice isn't for you. I can't do anything about that.

If you claim to be competitive or (want to) consider yourself competitive, you are only hurting yourself. This is the perfect time to learn in the lull before cf hits, especially thanks to how similar it is.

Claiming the game is too different and that it's pointless because of that is extremely off.

The differences in versions from cs to cp cause the game to be played in an extremely different game. The overall meta, offensive structure, etc took a different form. Different burst system, etc etc. Cp to cf is a refinement on the current system. Ffs, most characters have super similar optimal combo routes and theory lol.

hey i just got an update for the ps4 version. any idea what this is for?

You do know that the PS4 has an option to check "Update History" if you go and check on the game. But in any case here, this update really isn't much to speak of, but since you mentioned it.

Version 1.02:

Improves the stability of the Invite Function. (Or something like that along those lines.)

Yo, could we get accurate frame data from the PC version?

Moreover is there anyone with the time and know-how for the job who'd be willing to? 'x'

Anyways, since this is post worthy, for those still clinging onto CP:EX, the game has updated to 1.03 on PS4 (1.04 I guess in JP?), and its just a network mode stability update, nothing much, but that's it.

Guess this might also roll out to the other consoles too, as usual.

Greetings.

This is my first post on Dustloop.

As you know, BB:CPEX was just released in Europe and I got myself a copy. 

I know that I am very late to jump on the train, but sadly this is what us yuropoor get when it comes to ArcSys games.

I was wondering...is it too late? Are we Europeans doomed when it comes to the BB series? 

Is it worth it to spend hours and days to try and learn to play this game, considering that my only option of multiplayer is Online Play (as I am unable to find locals interested in playing this?)

Will I only find sporadic veterans who will floor me mercilessly? Are there even any European community around I can join?

...On a side note, I am looking for people to play with. I currently suck. Like, really bad. I need help. 

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Nightfall Zero said:

Greetings.

This is my first post on Dustloop.

As you know, BB:CPEX was just released in Europe and I got myself a copy. 

I know that I am very late to jump on the train, but sadly this is what us yuropoor get when it comes to ArcSys games.

I was wondering...is it too late? Are we Europeans doomed when it comes to the BB series? 

Is it worth it to spend hours and days to try and learn to play this game, considering that my only option of multiplayer is Online Play (as I am unable to find locals interested in playing this?)

Will I only find sporadic veterans who will floor me mercilessly? Are there even any European community around I can join?

...On a side note, I am looking for people to play with. I currently suck. Like, really bad. I need help. 

Thanks.

Welcome to DL.  Enjoy the game! :thumbu:

Here's a list of people on dustloop who (theoretically) play (check out the far right column for european players):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tJ238St1TyyDMWBFHJS1oAd--uqEe4WosceSGA5dQQg/edit?pli=1#gid=685258079

Hopefully someone responds if you send them a message!  (Didn't go too well for me looking for w.coast US players, but it's cool).

@Nightfall Zero

You don't have to worry about that you find no people online, thats for sure. The majority of people are online on late evening or weekends and because of the EU release you'll likely find someone on other daytimes too.

"Is it worth spending hours and days to learn this game" is such a difficult question to answer. At the end you have to judge it for yourself if you want to learn it and show what you have learned online and get better or if you want to occasionaly play it with like-minded people which is nice too.

Regarding the level of play... this could be a bit diificult.
Ranked play automatically looks for a opponent who are on your level but you shouldn't use it until you have some experience with your character because there will be no mercy during the battles.
If you open up a room I recommend that you name it "EU beginner", this way you'll likely find people who are new too or the veterans know that they should not go all out, and even if they do just point out that you are still learning the character and if they still act like a stubborn git just kick them out of the room or leave it. You don't have to feel bad if your opponents are too lazy to read or if they kicking you like bag full of puppies, it isn't worth the struggle and hopefully they apprehend it until next time.
If you go into the big sixty-four player lobbies, you should pay attention on the D-Codes of the players. These codes show the amount of played games and if you see someone who you think is too strong you can either avoid him/her or ask nicely if they could play with someone who they have not much experience yet (I think there is even chat-command for it). Also, go to the Hierarchical City which is located in Europe (it is marked on the map).

You'll likely find some communties or fitting forums in your language if look around on the internet. You can even ask here on the Match Finder/GG Thread if they have time to play, but please write that you are from Europe so that troubles can be avoided.