Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CPEX] Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend News and Gameplay Discussion 3.0

Aksys's Twitter confirmed that Extend will have Library mode included this time.

It sure took them a while to translate Library mode, I wonder why it wasn't done the first time around, it really made them look lazy. And I don't want to hear any excuses from them as to why.

Doesn't really matter to me though, since I prefer the Japanese versions, I don't know what's going on in localization-land.

It sure took them a while to translate Library mode, I wonder why it wasn't done the first time around,

Answered your own question there mate.

Doesn't really matter to me though, since I prefer the Japanese versions, I don't know what's going on in localization-land.

Because...there are... so many...differences? :?:

Answered your own question there mate.

Because...there are... so many...differences? :?:

Well, doesn't it seem like if they can get Library mode into BBCPE, they could have just taken some extra time to put it in original BBCP instead of omitting it completely, looking lazy, and leaving customers wondering why?

I'm don't mean I prefer the Japanese versions because there's big a difference between it and localized versions, I prefer it because I don't have to wait for it to be localized and because I know I'm getting all of the original content, such as not having the Library mode omitted for example.

Well, doesn't it seem like if they can get Library mode into BBCPE, they could have just taken some extra time to put it in original BBCP instead of omitting it completely, looking lazy, and leaving customers wondering why?

I'm don't mean I prefer the Japanese versions because there's big a difference between it and localized versions, I prefer it because I don't have to wait for it to be localized and because I know I'm getting all of the original content, such as not having the Library mode omitted for example.

Because there's little things called deadlines that publishers usually have to meet and usually things get cut when its near the release. And not everyone knows Japanese, or is willing to learn Japanese for a small portion of the game.

Because there's little things called deadlines that publishers usually have to meet and usually things get cut when its near the release. And not everyone knows Japanese, or is willing to learn Japanese for a small portion of the game.

I completely forgot about deadlines, but to me it still seems like it could have probably been done, especially if you consider the much closer US release dates of some of the older BB games. Those games were translated, and then released as soon as a month apart or closer, when compared to BBCP, which took around 4-6 months to localize, it seems like Library mode could still have been added, and if not at release, then as a patch.

I realize that not everyone knows or wants to learn Japanese, I'm certainly not a Japanese pro, but even I would rather a have a mode in Japanese than not have it at all.

Seriously not trying to be "that guy" here, just sharing my two cents.

Pal, CP was not brought by Aksys the first time. Strangelly Compelling did, and they didn't include it because "it would be too hard to translate correctly".

Pal, CP was not brought by Aksys the first time. Strangelly Compelling did, and they didn't include it because "it would be too hard to translate correctly".

To be fair, what that means is that they shouldn't be outsourcing to an incompetent studio.

and wat that also means is that perhaps they dont have the money to get stuff like that done on the go to some fancy studio and thus is why it was taken off to begin with until they can either afford it or get it done for cheaper when plausible as a company. they aint bill gates rollin in doe every mornin as they walkin into any building. but still....fuck ASW

I'm quite happy we didn't get Library the first time after watching how badly Strangely Compelling butchered the story mode's sub/dub.

So all the text of the game has been re-translated?.

If Arc System Works used Strangely Compelling again, don't bet on it. If they are using someone else (best case scenario: Aksys) then there is a chance.

In all honesty, the localization for BBCP was, in my opinion, a disaster. Mismatched dialogue in sub/dub is only the tip of the iceberg. Random volume spikes are abound, usually involving poor, smoker's throat English Bang while others get their volume decreased during dialogue. Ragna for some reason has a green dot on one of his ears in Story Mode for his portrait (I think I am one of the few that noticed this due to the size of my TV). And then there's the whole business with Tutorials that claim such lovely things as "Amane's Drive steals life and heals him". And my personal favorite (I'll SPOILER it just in case):

Kagura introduces Tenjo Amanohokosaka's son as Homura Amanohoko

zaka. When he just moments PRIOR said his family name correctly. How the flying mongoose you mess that up is beyond me.

And the final kicker? They took 9 months to localize this. 9-flippin-months. Yet why does something tell me a 10-year old using a Japanese-English dictionary could have done a similar or better job of it in that amount of time?

Look, I am aware human error is bound to happen somewhere, sometime. But there is a limit to that as well. So here's hoping Extend fares a bit better, even if it may be a little too naive of me to think that.

Ragna for some reason has a green dot on one of his ears in Story Mode for his portrait (I think I am one of the few that noticed this due to the size of my TV).

Green dot? I think you mean his ear piercing, which is intentional. It is a really nice small detail which is often forgotten. You can see it on different drawings by Mori, for example the one of the BBCP Material Collection or the Continuum Shift Novel Cover.

Green dot? I think you mean his ear piercing, which is intentional. It is a really nice small detail which is often forgotten. You can see it on different drawings by Mori, for example the one of the BBCP Material Collection or the Continuum Shift Novel Cover.

See I thought about that as well. I even knew he HAD an earring since the CT opening depicted him with it (as did most other animated cutscenes). But I swear it was never as pronounced as it was in CP since it wasn't until that game that I saw it glaring me in the face. Perhaps they simply used a new shade for it and that's why? It also seemed to shift in location (as in where it is placed on the ear) from time to time though I lack proof of it.

I'm quite happy we didn't get Library the first time after watching how badly Strangely Compelling butchered the story mode's sub/dub.

Speaking of this, does anyone know why Strangely Compelling was used, instead of Aksys for BBCP? While I've never played or seen much of the English versions, judging by reactions like this it seems like Aksys could have done a better job.

Speaking of this, does anyone know why Strangely Compelling was used, instead of Aksys for BBCP? While I've never played or seen much of the English versions, judging by reactions like this it seems like Aksys could have done a better job.

I am not sure I am correct on this but I believe that ASW wanted to localize the game themselves, rather than using Aksys like they've been doing. They started it with BBCSE if I am remembering this right. Another is perhaps a money issue. Strangely Compelling might have charged less than say Aksys.

I am not sure I am correct on this but I believe that ASW wanted to localize the game themselves, rather than using Aksys like they've been doing. They started it with BBCSE if I am remembering this right. Another is perhaps a money issue. Strangely Compelling might have charged less than say Aksys.

I see, although quality-wise, maybe it wasn't the best decision for them. I remember seeing BBCSE's dub for the first time, and shortly after seeing that, I decided I would get the Japanese versions instead.

So is it true that the Xbox One version of CP Extend doesn't have the arcade room lobbies? They had an excuse for crippling the online features of P4A Ultimax's 360 version because it wasn't released in Japan, but that doesn't apply here.

For an Extend version, I'm okay with a small but persistent community though. It wasn't long after CSE that we heard about CP.

Good to hear. CP had WAY more arcade lobbies available than it ever needed, anyway.

Less is more

I just picked it the Japanese release from the Japanese XBL store. So far, I've only seen one person online. It's safe to say the active community on XONE is super duper small, if any at all. Just the heads up.

I just picked it the Japanese release from the Japanese XBL store. So far, I've only seen one person online. It's safe to say the active community on XONE is super duper small, if any at all. Just the heads up.

Not very surprising, considering CP's iteration was mostly on PSN and XBL never really had a huge player base to begin with.  Maybe after EVO things will pick up as seems to be the trend, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Hmm things have been kinda slow around here. Gonna post something possibly controversial but should be a nice, interesting discussion topic.

===============

You know, i hate the mentality of most FG players when it comes to combos. Everyone thinks that they should learn entire combos for just a few confirms and stick with those same routes off of every confirm. It makes it a lot harder to play a character when you only know how to do a combo a specific way or confirm a move a specific way. I feel like its really causing players to not be very good at closing out matches or putting themselves in good situations at the end of a combo. It is especially bad when a route you've learned doesn't work at a specific distance or height.

I feel like the best way to learn a character is actually to learn combos by sections. If you know that one move can go into another move and at the end of one section of a combo, you position the opponent in a way that another combo section can continue, then you will be able to can easily just put together combos on the fly for whatever situation you are in when you get a confirm. Also if you miss a cue for a move in a link, and you notice that, you can just do something else that works in that situation instead of just dropping the combo because you don't know how to pick up a combo in that situation.

Another issue with combos i see is that most combos that are learned go directly from the first hit into the combo itself. While that's good for punish combos and its optimal, most players won't be able to confirm a hit that quickly in other situations. Combos should have the first 2 or 3 hits be the same as if they were blockstrings. This will give time to actually confirm that you got a hit and let you have time to prepare a specific route you have in mind instead of dying because you expected something to hit, did a blockstring that ended you in a punishable state, and getting combo'd, or doing a blockstring, landing a stray move in it, and go into a slower attack that usually combos too slowly and dropping it.

what do you guys think?

also i swear i just wanted to discuss this, i'm not under the influence or anything right now.