-Seo

[CPEX] Kagura Mutsuki - Combo Thread

Well I should have posted it here so....

I don't know what is wrong with me but that 6DC>(2)8C is annoying me so much. I am quite good at charging and playing charging characters, but damn that DP in the corner seems too much difficult. I am trying to charge the earliest possible but it doesn't come out. I got it only few times. 

Is there any tip that can help me get it consistently? Some help please!

Hold down 3 when you are doing stances in the corner. 2D stance will take precedence and then 6D stance will happen without you needing to change your directional input.

This it how you do the simple 3C > 2DC > 6DC > [2]8C > etc. or 2DA > 6DC > [2]8C > etc. In the corner you can even go from 2DA straight into [2]8C by delaying a bit while the 2DA bounce is happening since you should already be holding 2 from the 2D stance.

3c immeadiate 6d input immediate down charge input, slightly delay stinger, and slightly delay doing the flashkick after stinger hits. 3c directly into stinger is better than 3c2dc6dc in almost all situations, better learn it.;

So a big downside to Kagura's corner combos that I haven't seen anyone mention is that because you have to use C DP, people can burst during the DP, and CH punish you when you fall down, after going through their burst.  This is a similar thing to punishing Sol's Grand Viper in XRD by bursting as he passes through you.

It's not a thing I see a lot of people doing yet, but people should start doing it eventually, and eventually we will have to use more burst safe corner combos. Just a thing to keep in mind.

Also does anyone else notice any inconsistencies on 3c > 2dc > 5da > A fireball > 5b ? I feel like I have to delay the 5da to get it to land on a few specific characters. Hakumen and Jin are the only ones in my scene I've had issues doing it consistently on. (I even landed it on Carl 100% of the time)

and against those two I've been opting to do A fireball > 5a > 6B > j.b > dj.b > j.c into falling stance mixup or super. 

@Tsukahara: I have noticed that a person can opt to burst during the [2]8C in the corner to actually punish.  If people lean to doing that you can still do combos that don't use it and still get good damage, granted less, and oki.

As to your second thing, the 3C > 2DC > 5DA > [4]6A > 5B combo does not work Hakumen due to hitboxes.  The combo to go to (provided it still works in this version) is to do 3C > 2DC > 5DA > 66> 5A > 5BB > [4]6A > 5B > 3C > 6DC >2DB.  I'll double check later to make sure it still works but for almost everyone else the normal combo midscreen works.  Outside of that Jin and Valk's slide animation can interfere with some midscreen combos where you want 2C to hit them in the air and 5DA fails to connect because of hitboxes.

You can delay 5DA after 2DC to pop them up higher so they fall onto the [4]6A and give more time to pick them up with 5B.

Just do microdash 5B after the [4]6A.

Ahhhh I didn't even think to try that. I keep forgetting that we can actually do a microdash now. Guess I'll do some testing when I get home.

And thinking about people bursting our C DP, I guess in a way it isn't too bad. If people start looking for C DP and saving their bursts to punish, then they would be less likely to burst other combos that don't use it.

Oh, didn't know that. I'll pass that on to my friend.

You were sooooo right it is really easy with 3C>3DC>3DC> C DP, it works damn well. However I need to learn without 2DC like 5C > 6DC> DP for max damage. Thank for the tip though. I am only in the lab now, no online play until I get used to all this.

5B corner combos 5b>3c>6dc>c flash>5c>a orb>5c>2da>6dc>5da>66>3c>6dc>2db

Does around 4.7k. The combo itself is braindead easy too, but there's a big issue with this combo - the combo can end with the opponent being midscreen instead of corner. That's when you gotta start delaying the first 5c and 2da... it's a bit inconsistent tbh, especially against some of the cast. But I decided to post it anyways cuz well that damage can be clutch af haha. Also to give new ideas for combo routes. If you can figure out a way to end in the corner, then you're set. Currently working on a way more consistent combo, checking if it works on everyone

Soo uh, CH-6DC>6C>6DA>3C>2DC>5DA>[4]6A>5B>3C>6DC>2DB. [4]6A  works for 4k coast to coast, I posted a video of the combo idk if i should double post on the forums for it though.

Does it do more damage than 6dc CH > 6c > 6da > 2da > a orb > 5b > 3c > 2dc > 5da > 6dc?

If not this could be the "more damage but no Oki" version, has its uses.

Ok so for Kaguras Challenge 19 can someone explain to me what exactly to do after the 5D>A Dash before the 3c? It always puts me on the other side of the enemy unable to complete the combo. I tried this challenge for 5+ hours while I spent only one on the previous 18 all together.(And I STILL cant get this one)

When I watch the slow mo replay the npc does some wierd semi dash thing that immediatly turns him around. I dont get it.

Why does challenge mode put in hidden movements...defeats the purpose haha.

Anyways thanks~

I've said this once in the other thread, but delay your 2DA and 5DA as much as you can. If you do this you won't have to microdash out of the corner as shown in the demonstration, making the 3C easier to connect.

I'm easily 5K + attempts at this challenge. The times ive made it past the dash with a succesful 3C is a total of 3 times. I am almost more interested in how the computer does a forward micro dash while never facing that direction and also immediatly doing a 3c backwards during a micro dash.

*EDIT* I DID IT. TOOK. 7. HOURS.

Corner throw: 2C > 2DA > 6DC > [2]8C > 2C > 2DB

Damage 3991

CH 2DB confirm (if 5D stance is not used already): CH 2DB > 5DA > [4]6A > 5B > 3C > 6DC > 2DB
don't recall damage (I want to say 2.6-2.8K damage range)

CH 2DB confirm (if 5D stance is not used already): CH 2DB > 5DA > [4]6A > 5B > 3C > 6DC > 2DB don't recall damage (I want to say 2.6-2.8K damage range)

Does 2.9k FYI

and figured I would mess around in the corner as well,  you can do a simple 

CH 2DB > 5DA > 6DC >[2]8C > 2C > 5C > 6DC > 2DB =4.4K or super at the end for 5.3k

Can maybe be more optimal, but this seems pretty alright for meterless.

So playing against our local hakumen, I find that I tend to get 5c/2c hits sometimes when I'm hanging back outside counter throw range. So I spent a bit of time trying to see if I could optimize damage I was getting out of it when I was near the corner but not actually in it.

This works with your opponent about 1/4 screen out of the corner.

5c/2c > 2DB > RC > 2DA > 6DC > [2]8C > 2c > 5c > 6DC > 5DA > 66 > 3c > 6DC > 2DB = 6K

If you have 80 meter or more when you start the combo you can tack on a super for 6.8K.

I'll update this with the OD versions later too, but at 50% OD you can get about 7.2K and at 25% 7.8K If I remember correctly.

This seems pretty useful if you tag someone with a non-ch 5c near the corner.

Although now that I think about it, I might have a way to squeeze more out of it. WIll update later with anything else I find.

So I'm having trouble with the 5BB>3C>2DC>5DA>[4]6A>5B>3C>6DC>2DB combo; after the [4]6A my opponent is usually too high for the 5B to land. What do I have to do to which timings to ensure that they're low enough?

You can delay the [4]6A more than you think after 5DA.  You don't have to immediately cancel into [4]6A so its okay to let them drop a little bit so they aren't on top of the fireball and make 5B harder to catch them with.

I haven't seen the first one before, it's good and well but there's nothing ground-breaking in it. The second one I have seen and has some good stuff in it among some other unoptimal stuff.

Yeah Jourdal is a good youtube account to go to for anime fighters.

The first one is a good bnb demonstration video.

The second...well its a combo video it has nutty stuff that you may never use in a real match unless you intend to do it from the start.

That said these can teach you things that you may normally not realize is possible.  Like canceling stance moves into astral, it works on more things than you'd think.