BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Character Profile
  • Height: 160cm
  • Weight: 47kg
  • Birthday: 14th March
  • Blood Type: A
  • Drive: Scarlett Justice
  • Health: 11,000
  • Character Combo Rate: 80% (Gain Art: 70%)
  • Japanese Voice Actor: Asami Imai

Changes in CPEX

Unlisted changes are written in bold.
  • Combo Rate: Reduced 10% in each mode (Normal mode 90% to 80%, Gain art 80% to 70%)
  • 6A: No longer has guard point. Forces crouch. Special cancelable, 110% bonus proration on hit.
  • j.A: Hitstun increased
  • 5B: 5B > 2B and 5B > 6A Gatling Added
  • 5C: 5C > 6A Gatling Added. Moves forward, makes a lot of confirms/blockstrings a lot easier.
  • 3C: no longer jump cancelable on block
  • Air Throw: bounce on hit reduced. Combos into 2C/3C/Astral without delay.
  • Crusade Seraphim α: Knocks back extremely far. Still possible to convert on CH.
  • Crusade Seraphim γ: emergency techable on air hit. Combos from 5b.
  • Noir Edge: No longer an overhead. Lessened/removed landing recovery, backwards momentum added. Can combo on midscreen CH.
  • Aegis Blade: Fully invincible on startup. Lots of untech time, lower launch, comboable off high hits. Uncancelable into A/B/C teleports. Cancelable into D Teleport on hit.
  • Strike Fall: Cancelable into Mirage Thruster and Valkyrie Astraea. Ground bounces, then soft knockdown.
  • (OD)Strike Fall: Hits 3 times.
  • (OD)Valkyrie Astraea: Changed, hits 4 times, covers a lot of space quickly.
  • Slaver Trans-AM: Usable with 1 stock of Zero-Weave. The more stocks, the longer Trans-AM last
  • -jA attack level increase, rather than raw hitstun increase.
  • -2B is faster.
  • -Astraea knockback is lower.
  • -Almost all teleports have less recovery.
  • -Aegis Feint duration increased(?).
  • -OD Phorizer hit state changed to normal phorizer.
  • -OD Phorizer wallsplat removed.
  • -Trans-AM bits attack more slowly.
  • -General movement speeds have changed. Higher base speed, removal of dash acceleration in GA.

Edited by not_lunaris

Hell yes.  

6A changes will be great for normal mode combos, but idk about the changes to 623B.  Looks like they tried to tone down SMP 6 stock combos, which sucks.  Seems to be less damage for a bit more balance between modes, and Strike Fall into Valkyrie Astraea should make for interesting combos, or at least make Phorizer enders a bit easier for more stock.  I have some work to do.  

Thanks SKD

It's a good way to force me to use 3C in those combos for once. It wasn't in my muscle memory before.

Back in 1.1, there was almost no reason not to use 3C to confirm into 236C~6D unless it was from mid ranged 5B hitconfirm. Lead to some really damaging combos for Izayoi.

to be honest, i am pretty tight about how low the tech roof for this character is, lol. i think she's very strong, neutral buffs are...really staggering, i almost cant believe it, playing her feels almost silly. its a totally different izayoi. she isnt even close to the same in design/optimal play. things are very restrictive on the end where she used to sit, whereas they used to be more restrictive in neutral and such before. You had a lot of ground to cover in terms of base player ability to make her feasible, but there was a lot of depth once you got in there. It was probably more about it being rewarding which made it more fun, but in this version I feel like my strong neutral play just goes the whole 10 yards, lol. not super fun...still not the free-est thing in the world but she almost plays herself :\ stronger overall, but eh, first world problems.

that aside, i got a few converts down to maximize stock gain in a few situations, but i gotta take a test later today. vids soon! as far as trans-am fuzzies go, they still exist (into modechange, yay) but i need to iron out the low conversion into similar resource gain. No big deal, I have a few ideas.

Edited by not_lunaris

to be honest, i am pretty tight about how low the tech roof for this character is, lol. i think she's very strong, neutral buffs are...really staggering, i almost cant believe it, playing her feels almost silly. its a totally different izayoi. she isnt even close to the same in design/optimal play. things are very restrictive on the end where she used to sit, whereas they used to be more restrictive in neutral and such before. You had a lot of ground to cover in terms of base player ability to make her feasible, but there was a lot of depth once you got in there. It was probably more about it being rewarding which made it more fun, but in this version I feel like my strong neutral play just goes the whole 10 yards, lol. not super fun...still not the free-est thing in the world but she almost plays herself :\ stronger overall, but eh, first world problems.

that aside, i got a few converts down to maximize stock gain in a few situations, but i gotta take a test later today. vids soon! as far as trans-am fuzzies go, they still exist (into modechange, yay) but i need to iron out the low conversion into similar resource gain. No big deal, I have a few ideas.

Bleh, this is what I was afraid of honestly. I'll see for myself once my game gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard last game she was one of the worst character or weakest.   Does she get enough improve on this patch?  Or she is still at lower tier?

a lot of work/effort, but she was one of the stronger characters in the last version. shes a bit better now though, very different style. Much easier/solid.

Thx SKD

https://youtu.be/9isY4MxRafc

https://youtu.be/L7sZk_yVpNQ

These just show 236C has very very little CH frames and its got some reach to it. and stuff like haz 3C which always goes under 5B for me doesnt seem to go under it (tho i could just be doing it wrong so plz try for yourself and let me know!). . Idk how important/irrelevant this is but something to play around with at least!

a lot of work/effort, but she was one of the stronger characters in the last version. shes a bit better now though, very different style. Much easier/solid.

This is one of the things that worries me.  I do NOT want a flowchart Izayoi, although I'll reserve judgement until I can get my hands on the game.....

This is one of the things that worries me.  I do NOT want a flowchart Izayoi, although I'll reserve judgement until I can get my hands on the game.....

What does this mean?  :?:

Disregard, somehow I read that as easier.  My apologies.  School, work and fighting games do not work full time.

Disregard, somehow I read that as easier.  My apologies.  School, work and fighting games do not work full time.

You did not read wrong. Later on "Much easier/solid"

flowchart generally refers to a char being sorta "pick from the answer sheet" type of play (or easily able to do so i guess)

Like say in a situation the opponent can do 1 of 4 things but then you have an option that covers 3 of the 4 so a lot of counterplay might get missed cause you can just sorta go with an answer that allows you to ignore the other 3 thus leading to you not having to think as much in said situation, at least thats how Ive thought of it. 

flowchart generally refers to a char being sorta "pick from the answer sheet" type of play (or easily able to do so i guess)

Like say in a situation the opponent can do 1 of 4 things but then you have an option that covers 3 of the 4 so a lot of counterplay might get missed cause you can just sorta go with an answer that allows you to ignore the other 3 thus leading to you not having to think as much in said situation, at least thats how Ive thought of it.

Kind of misunderstood what I meant, I know what flowchart means. I'm just curious why StylisH thinks that Izayoi having considerably easier neutral this time around = being more of a "flowchart" character (which is kind of a silly term to me IMO) when her gameplan has always been to farm for stocks in Normal Mode in order to have resources to do stuff in Gain Art mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i mean, it feels true to me. I played probably upwards of 100 games at a session this weekend, and while she feels stronger than ever they definitely removed a lot of decision making regarding stock management. It feels like theres always a right answer, and she simply doesnt have ways to spend efficiently. Corner carry and sideswap was heavily normalized, which is OK. Before, there were always kind of a few "right answers", but now its fairly straightforward lol.

i mean, it feels true to me. I played probably upwards of 100 games at a session this weekend, and while she feels stronger than ever they definitely removed a lot of decision making regarding stock management. It feels like theres always a right answer, and she simply doesnt have ways to spend efficiently. Corner carry and sideswap was heavily normalized, which is OK. Before, there were always kind of a few "right answers", but now its fairly straightforward lol.

Perhaps the reason why I can't see (just yet) why she's more straightforward is probably because I was paying more attention to Normal Mode than Gain Art mode? I played at least 50 games last Friday at my local venue and I admit that I was still trying to do "old" combos and I'm still not used to 236B being combo-able off of 5B since I'm bad. :P

normal mode is the one that really sticks out to me when it comes to being simplified. normal mode before used to have a really different neutral approach, that was much more engaging imo. route selection could pay dividends with good choices, but now everything is totally normalized. you can tune out a lot of external factors that you should have been paying attention to before. Gain Art is also similar in that sense, where you can just pay less attention to a lot fewer things and still reap "optimal" benefits. The term I would use is "dumbed down" but it's stronger, so...??? GA still has /something/ resembling resource management, though optimizing midscreen conversions this time around takes more in terms of combo selection and good situational awareness (vs resource management as it used to) so i'd go as far to say GA being a bit more complicated in terms of basic play. however, when it comes to trans-am its kind of all gone to shit lol. They seriously just murked all potential with that move.

Edited by not_lunaris

Dumbed down Izayoi is not cool  :(   

Stronger and more varied options are fine, but I just don't want her to grow stale in terms of playstyle/tech.