skd

[CPEX] Izayoi General / Q&A - "DO IT FOR HER"

normal mode is the one that really sticks out to me when it comes to being simplified. normal mode before used to have a really different neutral approach, that was much more engaging imo. route selection could pay dividends with good choices, but now everything is totally normalized. you can tune out a lot of external factors that you should have been paying attention to before. Gain Art is also similar in that sense, where you can just pay less attention to a lot fewer things and still reap "optimal" benefits. The term I would use is "dumbed down" but it's stronger, so...??? GA still has /something/ resembling resource management, though optimizing midscreen conversions this time around takes more in terms of combo selection and good situational awareness (vs resource management as it used to) so i'd go as far to say GA being a bit more complicated in terms of basic play. however, when it comes to trans-am its kind of all gone to shit lol. They seriously just murked all potential with that move.

I should've been more specific and said that Gain Art mode is the one I'm having a bit of trouble seeing how its more straightforward, I can with Normal Mode however. 

And that's sad to hear unfortunately. To be honest, I am not really a fan of how Gain Art mode "looks" this time around compared to 1.1 and I was kind of hoping Trans-Am would somehow "win" me over. :(

Has anyone confirmed whether 236B is still any slower than 236C? I'm just asking because it would be good to know which version to cook for stance cancel. I've been cooking B by default because that way I still get a random surprise low if I sometimes mess up the input, because I'm bad at games etc., but if 236C is faster obviously that should be the default still.

So in general the decision making process was simplified this time around? Also compared to 1.1 is she harder or easier in execution?

It's about the same execution wise, the decision making is a little easier on the defensive end thanks to having a DP.

How are you suposed to play Izayoi at neutral in normal mode? i'm having quite hard time trying to figure out how to deal against other characters. Are you suposed to play ofensive? or keeping distances until you get stocks? i don't get when i should stay far from the enemy and when to get close

Also, how can you deal with jumps? i find out 623B miss a lot unless the enemy performs an air dash after a regular jump, and 623C has A LOT  of recovery so is kinda a free counter

in NM what are the best ways to transition to GA oki off of normal bnbs if i feel like i have enough stocks?

is it something like 236B 214B 2B 5C jBCD? should i just go for stuff after 623C -> stance change?

How are you suposed to play Izayoi at neutral in normal mode? i'm having quite hard time trying to figure out how to deal against other characters. Are you suposed to play ofensive? or keeping distances until you get stocks? i don't get when i should stay far from the enemy and when to get close

Also, how can you deal with jumps? i find out 623B miss a lot unless the enemy performs an air dash after a regular jump, and 623C has A LOT  of recovery so is kinda a free counter

This is always a weird thing with her, she plays a decent fireball footsie ground game and her rush down is alright in NM. 5B is a good long range normal but you wanna be careful with using it to much cause its active + recovery time makes it really easy for people to airdash in on you. Stock gathering and when to switch modes isn't so textbook in my experience, its pretty common to switch modes after an Aegis Blade ender which keeps your opponent close and are your advantage slightly. There are time where you may have to go in with 4 or less stocks to get the momentum again, don't forget there are mode change combos with using RC. Anti airing I usually will still use Aegis blade when people airdash in on me cause I find the other one will miss if they dash in deep enough, jump ins I do use Aegis blade as well, just is a matter of reacting as quick as you can or you can try jump back jA. Aegis blade as an anti air is a little risky to use like you said but keep in mind that if people like to do empty jumps Aegis blade will be blocked so using 623B is good too I would learn the spacing on it.  

in NM what are the best ways to transition to GA oki off of normal bnbs if i feel like i have enough stocks?

is it something like 236B 214B 2B 5C jBCD? should i just go for stuff after 623C -> stance change?

Off of jBCD it is a safe jump set up so that is an option. 623C ender as I mentioned in the above part does put the situation back in neutral at your favor slightly. 

So I have a question, do we know how long the invincibility of Aegis Blade cancel lasts? I've been in the lab with it and I dunno if its cause some moves like Ragna's DP is just active for a long enough time for me to get hit or if I'm timing it wrong

it is 13 frame of invuln on hold, iirc

ahaha, so trans-am...seems to have 2 separate cooldowns, one for your opponent in and out of blockstun/hitstun, along with the actual cooldown length being extremely long. it now activates every 4 to 6 hits rather than 1-3, lolllll

It's a high cost taunt, use it for mindgames. 

Also instrumental in earning Izayoi's trophy.

I'm kidding(mostly), but it is a crying shame how the move turned out. I love the concept of it but the cost:reward ratio is so out of whack. Buff supers have always been kinda weird in BB, the only one they really seem to get right in my book is Platinum's. 

trans-am past version was actually super super godlike, but compounded by the increased worth of individual stocks, its a pretty bad choice right now. also, it's still good for pause button, but you need OD to make it turn into anything worthwhile since it will take a ton of stars.

also RE: her becoming stale, of course the optimized play for the character could develop and that would appease some woes, but the other issues still remain, though those arent necessarily my main concerns.

ahaha, so trans-am...seems to have 2 separate cooldowns, one for your opponent in and out of blockstun/hitstun, along with the actual cooldown length being extremely long. it now activates every 4 to 6 hits rather than 1-3, lolllll

Could you possibly elaborate more on the two cooldowns?  Im sort of confused.  Is it that one is based on being in a block string while another is sort of…not in a blockstring?  I feel i might answered my own question, but i'd like to be sure.

yes, lmao. it sounds so stupid, it is so stupid.

pretty much, as soon as you activate trans-am, it issues a cooldown if your opponent is in hitstun or blockstun. If they aren't, bits are ready to go asap.

then, midcombo or blockstring, the bits have a longer cooldown than if you were to just reset to neutral and try to attack again.

rather, it'd be best to describe it as "two rates of cooldown" where neutral has a much higher cooldown rate, and blockstun/hitstun causes a slower rate.

Edited by not_lunaris

Would that mean we could use 236D to speed up our charge rates? I mean it's stupid consuming to stars to do that so we'd pretty much need OD to make proper use of it, but if the discerpency of recharge is THAT BIG in neutral it could be seen as a... buff of sorts to those silly chain 236D combos I enjoy watching so much.(okay not really a buff but those things are fucking fun, don't pretend they aren't)

this includes going for resets and stuff. The cooldown is still extremely long. there are much more efficient things to do than use 236D like that (rising jA ender if possible, but its really hard and expensive to set up), but 236D has the benefit of having a large duration to actually cause that kind of situation. if someone say, recovers from 236D and you go for a reset right then and there, the cooldown would still not be finished. Essentially, you wont be "in neutral cooldown" at any point, for a significant amount of time, so that is irrelevant. D saber being long as hell is relevant though.

Is the point of the change just to push people to use OD so that everyone will notice the super flashy astraea animation changes or something. ... Just. ... why. Also SKD, so you don't think that there is any possibility to develop the meta with her in a way to address her major design issues? It's all quite disheartening, really

This whole goddamn thread:

Oh noes, my character is good now, she's sooo "siiimmmple", woe is me, I cannot be a super special snowflake

Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you guys? :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Different people get different things out of stuff. Just because Izayoi is stronger doesn't mean you must be satisfied at the result, especially if it changes an aspect of the character and game you enjoyed.

Oh thank god i only got interested in her after bbcpex since i'm maining her so bad in this version. Would suck to have a less fun character than what you were used to.

Also, SKD can you please develop more on what makes izayoi so goddamn strong so i can abuse the hell out of those points ? :p

Nah, seriously, i'm really interested in the character and want to learn the philosophy behind her from someone who knows what he's talking about.