skd

[CPEX] Izayoi General / Q&A - "DO IT FOR HER"

sorry I meant cpex not cf. Thanks for the info tho. Just got done watching all skd I could find, so good bro, so good. I found it especially comical teaching biscuits how to use Jin lolol.

Hey guys! New player here, having some troubles.

I can't seem to get any attacks to go off consistently after a dash, for example 214B->2A or any type of combo like that. It always seems to work 50% of the time, is it just my execution which is slow or is there a trick to this that I'm not getting?

I assume you are referring to the teleport (214B) not a dash (66).

Most likely you just need to keep practicing to get the timing down. When you use a teleport like 214B, you have only so many buffer frames in which you can input the move to get it to come out. I don't recall the exact number, I think it changed in CPEx.

One thing you may want to keep in mind is your starter. If you are trying to do 214B -> 2C off of a short starter like 5A or 2A it won't work and I think if you go for 2B after a short starter you need to cancel on the earliest frames, both the teleport and the attack.

Hi! I'm new to Blazblue and I want to pick up Izayoi but I've been told and seen in almost every tier list that she is always always bottom tier and that she has "Poor linear movement" I'm by no means playing a character for thier tier, but I'm rather scared to play a character that is going to get beaten out by almost every other member of the cast. Now, I'm not sure if she's changed in Extend compared to the original version but that's my main concern. 

Well, you can go ahead and stop worrying because in CP Extend she's a very strong character and is already looking to be the same in CF. That's not to say that she was weak in 1.1. She actually got a lot of nice improvements from CP 1.0 -> 1.1.

I just caught up with this forum, I'm interested in learning more about this character and all that comes with that. I couldn't find anyone responding to analyzing a video that SKD referenced. Where was that video and if there was a breakdown/analysis of it, where would that discussion be?

On 7/31/2015 at 11:47 PM, skd said:

I do agree, bickering over where to place stuff is kind of silly and is definitely not the look i want to give off!

We can pull match videos from where we always did. Youtube (Jourdal) nico, or (my prayers have been answered) this pretty intuitive database, despite being in japanese. http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/BBCP/index.html

Izayoi in particular has videos here, and theyre all very much up to date, i will be linking this in the OP of that thread.

http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/BBCP/BBCP_IZ.html

on that note, would anyone like to take a crack at breaking down the match listed in this post?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/11074-cpex-izayoi-video-posting-analysis-discussion-thread/?p=928867

this whole thing is useless if im the only one doing all the analysis, i dont really need the help ;_;

So a few cf things I have found that I don't really see posted

GA 2c and 6c have become fatal counters (so four fatal counters in GA and 2 in NM woooo)

2b p2 is now the same as 2a (did 5b 2b 5c and 5b RC 2a 5c took the dmg from the combo before 5c and after did some subtraction number is the same for both I think that's an OK way to check maybe?)

6a >5b/5c/2c gatlings added for both normal and GA

2b in combos is really sad times

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So a few cf things I have found that I don't really see posted

GA 2c and 6c have become fatal counters (so four fatal counters in GA and 2 in NM woooo)

2b p2 is now the same as 2a (did 5b 2b 5c and 5b RC 2a 5c took the dmg from the combo before 5c and after did some subtraction number is the same for both I think that's an OK way to check maybe?)

6a >5b/5c/2c gatlings added for both normal and GA

2b in combos is really sad times

7 hours ago, SixWingedAngel said:

That 2b nerf is gonna hurt

The shorter resulting combo does about the same damage as CPEX due to the twiddling of the damage #'s

As for 6a, it's big, and is also jump cancelable, so in hit confirming situations it's going to give you more options then 5b (not jump cancelable/less chains), and more range in spacings where things like 2a tip > 5c would whiff.

Losing the reverse prorate/combo segment, but gaining a 'real' utility normal, I find the new version more practical.

turns out i took that data from midrange spacing, but all of the crossup teleports can actually happen slightly faster given certain spacings, with variance of three frames (this because she doesn't literally teleport, she just travels quickly while invisible + invuln lol)

I edited them with the ranges of the crossup frames,

A teleport is actually 18-20, B is 21-23, D is 17-19(!)

Because the left/right autoguard window is 3f, looking the reappearances, you can actually have literally invisible crossups on frame 20 of D teleport, or frame 21 of A teleport. The reappearance on A teleport likely also has variance depending on range, but in the opposite direction, making the gap tighter.

I haven't explicitly tested THAT, but i'd make a very educated guess that the second reorient for A teleport on the earliest crossup is 27f, 26f for a turn on frame 19, and frame 25 for frame 20 crossup, changing the crossup span to 10f, 8f, and 6f.

Considering left/right autoguard, you have a 3 frame window to actually make a projectile connect crossup at a minimum, and overshooting it ends up putting them back in autoguard.

Either way, none of this seriously matters until CF so :<

Edited by skd

On 5/21/2016 at 11:46 AM, skd said:

turns out i took that data from midrange spacing, but all of the crossup teleports can actually happen slightly faster given certain spacings, with variance of three frames (this because she doesn't literally teleport, she just travels quickly while invisible + invuln lol)

I edited them with the ranges of the crossup frames,

A teleport is actually 18-20, B is 21-23, D is 17-19(!)

Because the left/right autoguard window is 3f, looking the reappearances, you can actually have literally invisible crossups on frame 20 of D teleport, or frame 21 of A teleport. The reappearance on A teleport likely also has variance depending on range, but in the opposite direction, making the gap tighter.

I haven't explicitly tested THAT, but i'd make a very educated guess that the second reorient for A teleport on the earliest crossup is 27f, 26f for a turn on frame 19, and frame 25 for frame 20 crossup, changing the crossup span to 10f, 8f, and 6f.

Considering left/right autoguard, you have a 3 frame window to actually make a projectile connect crossup at a minimum, and overshooting it ends up putting them back in autoguard.

Either way, none of this seriously matters until CF so :<

thank u for this

I just found it. The link to it is in a pinned post on the Blazblue Reddit, and Izayoi's there, even though the description says otherwise.