Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skd

[CPEX] Izayoi Combo & Theory Discussion

BBCP_Header_Combo_Thread.png

BBCP_Info_Bar_c01.png

General Information:
  • Combo posting and combo theory discussion should take place here! If you have a question like "Why doesn't this combo work?" or hitbox observations, this is a good place to bring it up
  • For what combos get posted, I want to stick to things that are optimized or useful. Records of specific, optimal conversions will be in this thread, whereas the wiki will reflect more basic combos. However, if your question steps out of the bounds of the wiki or what is posted, don't be afraid to ask as long as it relates to combo execution or implementation
  • As far as specific conventions for her combos and overall notation, i'll add that in a bit. Stay tuned!

BBCP_Info_Bar_c02.png

P L A C E H O L D E R B O Y S

BBCP_Info_Bar_c03.png

P L A C E H O L D E R B O Y S

What have we got for short starter confirms so far? Normal starters are pretty self-explanatory but S starters seem to prorate out pretty fast now. So far I've got:

Midscreen:
- (NM) 2A 5C 6A 236B 214A 2C 5C j.BAC j.236C
- (NM) 2A 5C 6A 236B 214A 3C 236B

Corner:
- (NM) 2A 5C 6A 236B 214A 2C 5C 623C 5A 623B

2b doesnt gatling into 6a, and 236B prorates your combo higher than necessary, so use 236C. Last combo does not work, hitstun scaling is way too hard for that.

Corner 2A ~ 2.8k : 2A 5C 6A 236C~6D 2C 5B 5C sjBC djC j236C~D , Super OK

Example N starter GA corner stuff

jB 5C 2C 3C 236C~6D 2C 5C 2C(1) 6C 623C 5C 6A 623B~D

jB 5C 6A 236C~6D 2C 5C 2C(1) 6C 623C 5B 5C sjBC djC j236C~D, Super OK

Normal Mode Throws (4 Stocks):

Airthrow : Dash TK Noir > Dash 623B

Ground Throw : 236A, Dash 236C/B.

etc

Is ending a combo with GA 3C or 236B still a "legit" choice despite the fact that 623C seems to be the "go to" answer for "economic" GA combos if you want to save stocks due to the fact that its untech time got buffed?

Erm, yeah, I thought 5B was the one that didn't gatling. Also good to know that 236C still has some use. Will revise.

Also IIRC the last combo does work, it's a bit tight though.

ok.

none of your corner combos are real combos. I can tell by just looking at them, but I booted up the game to test it out.

and no, none of them work.

there is literally no way to get 2C 5C 2C(1) off of 2A. Even 2A > Astraea 2C 5C 2C(1) doesnt combo. 2A Astraea 2C 6C 623C 5C jB jC doesnt combo. Like, these are hard limitations. Are you just making things up?

@Ichipoo, 236B Does give you decent knockdown cover, 3C is a bit more advantage but harder to go into. Theyre both decent choices, but Aegis provides good spacing, especially in the corner, so i'd take that for a knockdown. I'd rank it like, Aegis > 236B > 3C. 2C(1) is also a good choice, esp because its cancelable into 5D/2D, which can mean a situation where you can easily pick up a no-tech for extra stocks.

Example corner 6 Star combo off 2A

2A 5C 236B 5C j236C dash 5C 623C

corner 8 Stars off N Starter:

blah blah blah 236B~214A/B 5C j236C 66jBA(A)C j236C 5C 623C

Is ending a combo with GA 3C or 236B still a "legit" choice despite the fact that 623C seems to be the "go to" answer for "economic" GA combos if you want to save stocks due to the fact that its untech time got buffed.

I only got to play briefly last night, but it seemed that 236B in GA does not cause a hard knockdown anymore. I would accidentally default back to 1.1 combos and the opponent would immediately tech after 236B. Although in normal mode, I was able to use 236B to cause a hard knockdown and pick the opponent up with 2B, so I'm a little confused what the difference is.

I only got to play briefly last night, but it seemed that 236B in GA does not cause a hard knockdown anymore. I would accidentally default back to 1.1 combos and the opponent would immediately tech after 236B. Although in normal mode, I was able to use 236B to cause a hard knockdown and pick the opponent up with 2B, so I'm a little confused what the difference is.

236B only causes hard knockdown on standing opponents, but teleport recovery is faster meaning you can even get stuff like 236b 214a 5c on standing hits. it is sadly no longer a part of air combos, unless you are using it to get a knockdown.

@Ichipoo, 236B Does give you decent knockdown cover, 3C is a bit more advantage but harder to go into. Theyre both decent choices, but Aegis provides good spacing, especially in the corner, so i'd take that for a knockdown. I'd rank it like, Aegis > 236B > 3C. 2C(1) is also a good choice, esp because its cancelable into 5D/2D, which can mean a situation where you can easily pick up a no-tech for extra stocks.

So basically just do stuff into 623C if you're trying to save/don't have any stocks, at least that's what I got from your post. Tbh I was hoping that 236C and GA 3C would have some specific "function" but based on your post, 623C just trumps those other two options in any way when in terms of getting a knockdown.

And I'm a bit surprised that you'd say that 236B is better than GA 3C. IIRC, 3C gave you a safejump assuming the opponent doesn't roll or do anything weird which was why I personally used it more. Then again I didn't really mess around with using 236B as an ender so most likely you've seen something I've missed.

EDIT: I forgot that 6B was another option to knockdown the opponent as well.

ok.

none of your corner combos are real combos. I can tell by just looking at them, but I booted up the game to test it out.

and no, none of them work.

there is literally no way to get 2C 5C 2C(1) off of 2A. Even 2A > Astraea 2C 5C 2C(1) doesnt combo. 2A Astraea 2C 6C 623C 5C jB jC doesnt combo. Like, these are hard limitations. Are you just making things up?

You're right.  6C 5C actually does combo off a short starter but not that far in.  I actually can't make youir TK j.236C NM combo work either though.  Who are you doing it on?

I actually can't make youir TK j.236C NM combo work either though.  Who are you doing it on?

Im guessing you mean 2A>5C>236B>5C>j236C>5C>623C, if your dropping it at the 623C try doing 5C earlier. If you meant the noir itself you need to delay it on certain chars to get the right height for it ( :AM::AR::AZ::BANG::CA::KA::HA::IZ::LI::VA: )

:AM::AR: seem to be able to tech before reaching the ground so keep an eye out

Dash! Try to hit with like the top of 5C at least thats how I am going about it (also if video examples would help I dont mind recording any combos or what not as long as Im also able to actually do said things)

Is it supposed to be an ultra tight microdash? I think I might be doing this wrong but they're teching out way too high to juggle with 5C. Works off N starter though. Doing Noir RC dash 5C works too (albeit only if you're right below them) so I'm guessing it just has to be really well timed.

It seems that after you do the first part of iza's air combo j.b > j.c jc j.b > j.c 236.C > j.214.D you cant repeat after you reappear its seem i can only j.c > 236.C after and end it with strike fall. can i only do the old air combo after certain launchers ? of i can only do it once and i would have to end it with strike fall or D tele into j.c noir? i hope this question isnt too confusing.

anyone been doing the mode change combo? xx > 236b > 214a > 5c > 623c > RC > 662d > 2c > 3c > 236c-d > 5b > 5c > air ender. so hype, 662d > 2c is quite tight though!

It just has a new timing and it feels about the same if not easier. Just try delaying it abit more, has to happen as they bounce from strike fall

Here's a fun combo that I might actually not have made up:

(GA) N starter > 6A 236B 214B/D 5C 2C(1) 6C 623C 5B 236C(cancel)~6D 214B 5C j.BC dj.C 236C~D (3711 damage off 5B 5C starter)

Using 214D instead of 214B the first time makes it more stable at all distances but costs an extra stock.  Off an S starter the generic Astraea > 5C > air combo route still seems to be the best damage though.

http://youtu.be/ZrtxJ5BBjg8

This should be good to get most people started. The 8 star meterless FC 2c combo is probably one everyone should learn, looks super useful.

FC 2c > dash 6a > 236a > dash 5b > 6c > 236a > dash 5b > 6c > 236b > 214a/b > 2b > 5c > 623c. Can add RC > 5d > 3c > 236cd > super if you have meter and can kill

Has anyone got 5c > TK Noir down consistently? I've played characters with TK motions before but this one seems difficult

Has anyone got 5c > TK Noir down consistently? I've played characters with TK motions before but this one seems difficult

I found out doing 2368 is easier both inputs work fine but you need to time it a bit slower other wise you just cs beta so you would 2368 tiny delay then c