Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skd

[CPEX] Izayoi Combo & Theory Discussion

what are the recommended combos after GA dash jAA?

You wanna do something like JAA > 5C > 6A > 41236C~6D > 2C > 5B > 5C > 623C in the corner (1 stock!) so you can use the other stocks for better things and teh okiiiii

Spam specials, gain stocks, go into Gain Art and destroy your opponent  :eng101:

But I can offer you actual advice if you want to get started with Izayoi.

What's the best thing to do off of anti-air 623B? Right now, I do:

623B ~ D > 6D > 214B > 5A > 5C > j.BC > j.BC > j.236C ~ D

I'm not sure if there's anything better. Also, I have the following combos for ground throws in Gain Art:

Midscreen throw > 214B > 3C > 236C > 6D > 214B > 5B > 5C > 
j.BC > j.BC > j.236C ~ D

Corner throw > 214A > 5C > 2C > 3C > 236C > 6D > 2C > 623C

How are these? If someone has better throw combos, please share!

That combo you posted for 623B is the best you can do midscreen even if was a Counter Hit due to how 623B launchers the opponent farther now in 2.0, however if the opponent is backed up in the corner, there are a few routes she can do:

Gain Art Normal Hit 623B Corner Combos:

[2 Stocks; 2972 damage]

623B~D~6D > 5C > 2C(1) > 3C > 623C

[3 Stocks; 3728 damage]

623B~D~6D > 5C > 2C(1) > 6C > 623C > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.B > dj.C > j.236C~D

Gain Art Counter Hit 623B Corner Combos:

[0 Stocks; 2260 damage]

CH 623B > 214B > 5C > 2C(1) > 3C > 623C

[1 Stock; 3124 damage]

CH 623B > 214B > 5C > 2C(1) > 6C > 623C > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.B > dj.C > j.236C~D

[2 Stocks; 3628 damage]

CH 623B > 214B > 5C > 2C(1) > 3C > 236C~6D > 5B > 5C > sj.B > j.C > dj.B > dj.C > j.236C~D

As for Gain Art Midscreen and Corner Combos...

Gain Art Midscreen Throw Combos:

[0 Stocks; 2908 / 2509 damage]

Throw > 214B > (2C)* > 5C > 2C(1) > 3C > 623C

*Getting 2C to land at this part is a bit tricky, so feel free to omit it if you're not feeling confident with your execution*

[1 Stock; 2643 damage]

Throw > 214B > 5C > 2C(1) > 6C > 623C~D

(Trying to find a decent 1 stock midscreen throw combo in Gain Art mode was weird, this was the best I can come up for now but it's not worth it if you ask me)

[2 Stocks; 3411 damage]

Throw > 214B > 5C > 2C(1) > 3C > 236C~6D > (214B) > 5B > 5C > j.B* > j.236C~D

*Trying to do j.B > j.C makes the combo drop and trying to do j.C in place of j.B won't work.

Gain Art Corner Throw Combos

[0 Stocks; 2908 damage]

Throw > 236C~A* > 2C > 5C > 2C(1) > 3C > 623C

(Almost identical to the 0 stock Gain Art Midscreen Throw Combo)

[1 Stock; 3292 damage]

Throw > 236C~A* > 2C(1) > 3C > 236C~6D > 2C > 5C > 623C

[2 Stocks; 3655 damage]

Throw > 236C~A* > 2C(1) > 3C > 236C~6D > 2C > 5C > sj.B > j.C > dj.C > 236C~D

*The reason for doing 236C~A is to cancel the remaining animation of Izayoi's grab so you can go straight into 2C(1) and have it land in time.

Not sure if these are optimal but this is the best I can come up with for now. Hopefully @not_lunaris can go over this when he comes back from EVO. (Congratulations on winning the BlazBlue side tournament btw!)

How do I play Izayoi?

Spam specials, gain stocks, go into Gain Art and destroy your opponent  :eng101:

But I can offer you actual advice if you want to get started with Izayoi.

Yeah i'm trying to find a character that I like in this game. I'd like to find someone who can teach me to play her. :/

I don't think this is the appropriate place to discuss this? Izayoi's General Discussion is probably the better thread for this.

Thanks! Especially for the 623B corner routes. The throw routes I listed do about the same damage as yours for the same stock price, but your corner routes seem slightly more optimal.

And yeah DRKICK, we can't really discuss it here, but if you send me a private message or post in the general discussion, I'd be glad to help you get started.

Could someone please teach me how to combo after midscreen OD Astrea? I've been trying for a while now, and can't seem to find anything that works. The only thing I can get to hit is 623B...

I could have sworn I saw SKD do some sort of dashing followup this weekend, but I didn't get a good look and couldn't get anything along those lines to work in the lab.

OK, I think I finally figured it out - it's height dependent.

If Astrea hits too high (like right after 236C), dashB/C, teleport etc all whiff. I think 623B is about the only thing that works in this case.

Landing Astrea on a lower opponent (tested with 236C->delay->6D) allows the normal teleport route, as well as dash A/B/C followups. 6C works too....sometimes.

Edit: Nvm, I think that was a red herring. 236C delay only works on CH anyways, although the above observations still work for raw 236B starter. Maybe something about when you cancel the last hit instead?

jC>5C>6A>236B>214B>5C>2C>236C>214B>5B seems to work sometimes, depending on where in the last hit my teleport comes out on and how high I land 236C. There's like a small void between late and early where things whiff. It's affected by both, so I'm having trouble finding a reliable sweet spot...

Edit Edit: Ok, I think I got it down. Landing 236C on the high side, and then teleporting 1 tempo after the earliest spot on the last Astrea dash seems to work reliably.

sorry lol.

i do stuff like jB 5C 6A 214D 5C 2C(1) JCC OD 5C/5A 6A 623B~D 6D 66C jC sjc9jB djB j236C~D Super Super, sorry about the drought of information. i really prepared for evo, spending time posting up everything would take so much time out of my prep and i was worried i wouldnt be ready for evo in time. Now, i have to prepare for arc revo but...yeah haha. I have a bit of breathing room. slapped together something quick. not really the most organized, but its not a ton of combos to remember.

http://youtu.be/wsjAyvKXPn8

astraea combos are based on height, yeah. some confirms you just dont want to 236C at all, but 236C delay 6D actually does play a big role in many combos. Unfortunately for a lot of optimal combos the timing you want is relatively tight, so if youre messing with converts into OD astraea ~ delay 214b 5C 2C(1) you need to either structure your combo for a proper confirm afterwards depending on spacing + hitbox or do a lot of really tight delays. The delays are just unavoidable in a lot of improv situations, though :(

The dash jC is really good because it works on a ton of characters, and i wont sideswap against certain character's hitboxes if i want to get an air combo without a super. It does like literally 2 damage less than 214B 5B 5C though, lol.

The dash jC you want for high hits,(and thin / small characters) isnt the fastest possible one, you dash for a little bit before doing it.

There are little quirks here and there, which kind of suck :\ Kind of just have to internalize everything. Good luck!

tl;dr

Low hitting astraea, delay 214B gives you crossup 5C.

236C~delay 6D can give you that as well, but its a very small window.

236B~delay 6D can also give you the height.

Low hitting strike fall does give you a good height for astraea followups as well!

Sometimes, it's best to just omit the 236C for combo time as well as opening up crossup 5C.

Sometimes the height is a good thing, and is the only way to get super enders for certain combos within combo time! And also, it gives you late active phorizer (the last combo in the video) so it has its uses.

Thanks for the tips! I'll give things a try once I get home.

I have a huge backlog of your videos by now, since the tech is too advanced for me to make use of or work into my gameplan :v

One of these days.

Grats on the Evo wins! Must be an exciting time. What's your schedule like heading out?

Thanks! Gives me something exciting to try out, since I only went into OD when I was desperate for stocks.

I have a question about a combo in this video at around the 1:28 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrtxJ5BBjg8

what is Izayoi doing after the DP rapid cancel? I'm having a hard time following up with mode switch -> 2c 3c etc. Just got into the game so sorry if this seems obvious or w.e.

nvm, microdash 2d after rapid seems like it's the answer

At 6:35 I have trouble connecting 5B after sonic saber, any have any tips also is their another FC combo to use in normal mode that is a good option to use?

Midscreen you can do:

2c FC Dash 2c 5c 6c 236a dash 2b 5c 6c 236b 214a 5c 6c 623c 

Higher average damage then the multiple saber link stuff, and is pretty easy to boot.

You can input dashing + crouch normal as 663x. Your character will continue to dash forward even though you're holding the 3 input.

Said technique required for this combo is usually referred to as a "dash-buffered normal" or "micro-dash", and is an important tool for a large majority of the cast. I highly recommend you master it!

Hi all,  I'm looking for a one-place combo list to refer to while I practice Izayoi but this topic hasn't been updated on the first post.    Is there a comprehensive list of Izayoi's combos or should I use Absol's youtube combo video?   

Thanks!

On 8/7/2016 at 0:08 PM, whesryoran said:

Can anyone tell me a combo after throw?

normal mode:

midscreen / corner
Throw (236C~A 66) / (214B) 2C 5C 623C (2 Stocks, Safejump knockdown)

midscreen, far from corner
Throw (delay) 236A 2366C (4 stocks)
Throw (delay) 236A 2366B (4 stocks, knockdown, character specific)

approaching corner, corner
Throw 236C~A 66 2369C 66jAABC j236C dash 6A 623C (6 stocks, Safejump knockdown, hard though)
Throw 236C~A 66 5C sj9 j236C 66 5C 623C (4 stocks, Safejump knockdown, easy!)
Throw 236C~A 66 5C sj9 j236C 66 jA(A)BC j236C 623B (6 Stocks)

GA:

Midscreen
Throw (slight delay 214B) 5C 2C(1) 3C 236C~6D 214B 5C jB jC djC j236C~D
Throw (slight delay 214B) 2C(1) 3C 236C~6D 214B 5B 5C sjB jC djC j236C~D

Honestly, there are a lot of approaching corner throw combos for GA depending on the spacing that you do the throw at (because screen positioning determines how much frame advantage you have since the hit is a wallbounce) so you can kinda freestyle it. However, mainly the idea is to cancel throw with B teleport to cover the spacing, or 236C~A to retain the spacing (if the 214B would side swap) and cut the recovery so you can continue the combo. If you want to end in 1 star for anything, you can just do air combo into strike fall at any point so it's ok.

Corner
Throw 236C~A 2C(2) 3C 236C~6D 2C(2) 6C sjC djC j236C~D (2 stocks, hard, max damage)
Throw 236C~A 2C(1) 3C 236C~6D delay 2C(2) 5C jB jC djC j236C~D (2 stocks, delay 2C = phorizer ok)

This is by no means exhaustive, there are like a bunch of side swap combos and combo correction stuff you can do too ;(