Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tari

[CPEX] Rachel Alucard General Discussion

You can do it that way if you're doing it from a normal such as 5a or 5b. By itself such as on wake up you can do 2d first and then 9d, and she will still be low enough for the ja.

4 hours ago, TD said:

You can do it that way if you're doing it from a normal such as 5a or 5b. By itself such as on wake up you can do 2d first and then 9d, and she will still be low enough for the ja.

Thanks for the quick response.  I asked because I am practicing against crouching opponents with either 2B 5B 6B or 5B 6B, and then j2d j.a or j.b. and it is sometimes whiffing.  Am I doing something to fast?

You could be too far from the foe. Generally if you're using 6b it's going to be difficult to hit with that overhead. From point blank jb has to be delayed on everyone minus tager and hakumen. On everyone else ja should be fine. And you're doing 9 j2d ja as a quick, fluid motion?

1 hour ago, TD said:

You could be too far from the foe. Generally if you're using 6b it's going to be difficult to hit with that overhead. From point blank jb has to be delayed on everyone minus tager and hakumen. On everyone else ja should be fine. And you're doing 9 j2d ja as a quick, fluid motion?

I must not be doing as quick.  And I dont think I was delaying jb.  I will practice this when I am out of class.  Thanks.

Wow, Rachel's damage in the corner... I fear it may be too high.

im starting to feel the devs overcompensated for the loss of pumpkin. She is way strong

Doesn't matter, when the game finally comes out here (literally a year after its Japan release), we'll be able to enjoy it for about 2-3 months until the NEW version/patch is announced, and Rachel gets nerfed again.

Do I sound bitter?

No you don't sound bitter lol. Oh she is definitely getting nerfed. She gets way rewarded now from a successful mixup and it's already far too good for the reward. She's getting like ct damage in the corner on top of confirms anywhere being so easy and cost efficient and bats being godlike. 5k for jb starter with 50 heat and 4 wind and you're getting 1 back on top of many of her combos only need 0 or 1 wind. So she's consistent and deadly.

and to think I was a naysayer for her ivy blossom, shit is broken lol

I'm not really in touch with things these days but going by corner combos. To do high damage combos, seems to look like there is a lot going on to get that damage. Our opponents should use their bursts carefully but it looks like you could burst out of Rachel's corner combos because it seems to me, from the very few videos I've seen. We're pressing a lot of buttons? (for those high damage combos)

Mind you I've hardly been keeping up with things so I might be missing something :/

edit: Shouldn't we be posting CF stuff in the CF General Discussion Q&A thread lol, sorry to nag if it seems like it.

Actually her combos are very accessible now. In the sense that newcomers and vets alike may not have to have great execution to play her, on top of her combos being very wind friendly now which mean on successful burst she will probably just lose 1 wind for the trouble and the opponent is basically forced to always burst early in combos. If not she may end up gaining her advantage through damage.

generally she's either using 0, 1 or 3-4 winds to do damage in cf. 0 wind from hitconfirms with sword iris be it the bats or poles, mid screen or corner; 1 wind for air conversions and ground conversions without any items, mid or corner; and 3-4 wind in ivy blossom combos, corner only. All of them are pretty simple. Combos using 3-4 winds don't use them instantly so waiting for her to use all her wind in a combo is going to grant her most of the bnb's combo damage anyway, minus the ender. any combo in the corner using 2 or more wind is costing them at least 3k health before bbl + blossom ender.

getting the right launcher can even let her add 1 extra blossom into a combo now. With 50 meter and enough wind, 3 ivy blossom in combos alone is unscaled 1800 damage, bringing her damage into the 5k range with oki and a wind regained, assuming no burst.

she can even do these ivy combos from fast starters such as 2a, bringing damage to low-mid 3k range with or without heat. 

Ivy blossom might only have one purpose, but it serves that purpose so well. It's like the best combo fodder in the game.

should we move to the other thread? Up to you boss man. I don't mind.

21 hours ago, kirbster said:

Do I sound bitter?

Yes, yes you do kirbster-senpai. But to be honest, this is what BB balancing does to us. They usually like to take away all our nice things ;.;

Anyway, on the topic of Corner Ivy Blossom combos that TD brought up, they're great but you usually want to reserve them for kill combos or a combo that's going to put them on death's door. If you've been watching N-O's Rachel religiously since CF release, you'll notice he went from using it as soon as the opportunity arrives to holding out for kills combos and there's a great reason for that you might've already picked up on from watching more recent N-O and Tetsuwo footage side by side since Tetsuwo still uses corner Ivy Blossom combos the way N-O used to.

Corner Ivy Blossom combos do a lot of damage but they also use up a lot of wind, 50 meter and the positioning of the oki you get afterwards won't allow you to beat roll tech as easily as the usual lotus route. For this reason, the moment to counterattack for opponents is in reality not bursting out of the combo itself but instead, roll teching, CAing, bursting out, ODRing or EAing out of the follow up mixup/pressure if they have sufficent health to warrant the use of resources. If they can successfully get out, they'll be in a very good position to take momentum because the Rachel player usually only has 1 wind and low meter to defend themselves with. 

In the grand scheme of things, I think Ivy Blossom combos are fine and are properly balanced...but yeah, ASW usually doesn't like characters having extremely nice things beyond the usual 1.0 release so expect Ivy Blossom to become useless maybe as soon as a 1.1 update, lol