Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tari

[CPEX] Rachel Alucard General Discussion

For fatal combos and some other situations you are using j.236b as the extra lobelia.

Are we going to get new matchup threads for CPEX or are we just using the old ones?

I actually completely forgot to make new ones. Sorry about that.

I'll make some empty threads later on (probably tonight), but if anyone else wants to get started on doing that, please feel free. I'll archive the old threads at that time, as well.

Don't we normally wait until the game is out in the US before making the MU threads?

Edit: Either way that's this Month iirc lol.

Don't we normally wait until the game is out in the US before making the MU threads?

Edit: Either way that's this Month iirc lol.

Was that the rule we used? I remember asking for opinions a while back (did I ask here?), but I can't recall what our consensus was. If that's the case, I'll just do it when the game comes out to stay in line with that.

Man. It feels like it's been so long since we last had to replace anything here, haha.

I'm someone could clear up something for me I'd really appreciated it. This 9 ja2d delay 2b over head is really messing with my head haha. But that just takes getting used to.

What I don't get is how we are supposed to do the fuzzy guard block string off of it now where you ja2d jb jb ja jc. Because of the delay required in the first jb I find myself landing now before I can double jump into the second jb. Is this blockstring no longer useful now? or do we have to guess if we think the opponent will guard high and just jb early (but then if it lands we cant confirm into 5c)? Or is there a middle ground where you can delay the jb enough to confirm in to 5c while still having enough time to double jump jb if they do end up blocking the ja?

If you want it to combo directly to 5c, you aren't delaying the j.b, but rather the j.a. The j.b is immediately after and you need to hitconfirm by that point.

If you hit, you do land 5cc. If they blocked, your primary two mixup options are to go for double jump j.b or land 2b.

Whoa so have I misunderstood the overhead this whole time (at least for CPEX anyways)?

can you explain what you mean by delaying the ja? I thought that the ja was a tk ja, and to do it any later resulted in you going too high and not hitting a crouching hitbox.

When using 2dja mixup, you must confirm what to do next during ja block stun. So it's ...j2a delay jb into confirm/fuzzy/low etc. completely safe string even with delay.

delay the jb such that you can confirm if ja did hit the foe, and if they blocked, which mixup to do. This helps in optimizing ja combos, confirming, and mixup.

It's a practice thing. If you are landing you are simply doing it too late; dial it back a few frames

This method works for me. What soniti is probably saying, correct me if I am wrong, to j2d slight delay ja jb.

Ok so but you are saying there is in fact, a timing where you can jb late enough (off a tk ja2d) to confirm into 5cc while still being high enough off the ground to where you can double jump if its blocked right? If thats true I'm gonna have to grind that timing out until I get it right...sigh...

Yeah j.2d slight delay j.a j.b works well in netplay for me. No delay between j.a j.b and I'm able to hitconfirm fine in 2+ bar connections.

Basically then, it's both ideas combined together, and not one or the other.

Frankly I never delay my ja and never even thought about it, which implies there may be more than one way to go about it. Whichever works, as long as as jb is as low as possible while still keeping the wind effect to potentially fuzzy.

Basically then, it's both ideas combined together, and not one or the other.

Frankly I never delay my ja and never even thought about it, which implies there may be more than one way to go about it. Whichever works, as long as as jb is as low as possible while still keeping the wind effect to potentially fuzzy.

well, it's not really delaying j.A, you don't want to delay j.A at all, or you'd increase the gap or make a gap where wasn't one (previous versions of BB). It's basically a slight delay of 2AD press so that wind doesn't end too early. frame data wise, JA comes out at the same time, but wind can come out during hitstop and such so if you do it at maximum speed wind will end a bit earlier during your fuzzy double jump.

J.B is done as low as possible.

Right ok but you still would not want the ja itself to be any later because obviously that would leave a gap and/or make the ja come out when you are elevated too much and the ja will not overhead hit your opponent.

so a couple things,

its still 2ad, as in we are not separating the input into ja > 2d or vise versa. So that hasn't changed (thank goodness).

I've always been under the impression that this overhead has more or less always been <some norma/special> > 9 > 2ad where the 9 > 2ad portion is input buffered so that part, maybe not its execution but the result, to my understanding is pretty much going to be the same every time.

So sounds like there is in fact a nice medium where you get the best of both worlds (low enough to confirm into 5cc but high enough to where you can double jump) but it seems to be the timing of the jb that is the greatest factor. correct me if I'm wrong.

Did some practice yesterday and I was able to find what I believe is a nice "medium" for the jb timing where I can confirm into 5cc if it hits or I can double jump if its blocked and I want the fuzzy guard mixup.

Congrats, then. Now all there is left is to do the different routes consistently in real matches.

Yeah :< easier said than done, I have a tendency to screw up the timing when its an actual match and not do the timing that I practiced over and over again...That being said I havent even gotten this timing down consistently in practice either I kindof just recently got this timing. Before now I was doing jb as low as possible (on purpose), so low that double jump wasn't really an option I would land.

I need help with the 6c+5d>j.c that pops them into the sky not sure the timing of how it makes them go off the ground. 

I may have forgotten as I haven't been able to play recently and generally out of touch with the new game atm, but I'm sure you need to 5D before you input 6C and j.c keeps them in their either way when you decide to use it.

So 5D+6C >j.c

HI i'm a beginner rachel player, i've played the previous BB games with rachel but i never understood how to utilize the character properly :confused:

HI i'm a beginner rachel player, i've played the previous BB games with rachel but i never understood how to utilize the character properly :confused:

Have you read through this guide before? It's still fairly relevant in most ways that matter.

Some things have changed a bit between versions, so do keep in mind the differences while reading, but it's a worthwhile read regardless.