mAc Chaos

[CPEX] PSN Match Finder/GGs Thread

You think you have a better connection to some random house in japan than Amazon's japanese servers?

You could post your results.

Obviously not, but netplay isn't some rigid entity whose quality is dead-set in stone. It's an organic thing, so some random test's results don't determine everything.

I can't tell you how I or any of us ended up with such solid connections against people thousands of miles away, but that is what happened. Whether or not you believe it couldn't possibly be any more irrelevant, because it still happened.

I'm afraid there is a very hard limit to quality on netplay.  You can only get data 7000 miles across the earth so fast.

I'm guessing it takes about 12 frames, actually...  It could be a very smooth 12 frames though, very consistently 12 frames, and very consistently an instant overhead gauntlet hades.

Some really bad connections are very spiky and feel a lot worse, against people in the states.

But don't make any mistakes about what you were actually playing in, please.

I'm afraid there is a very hard limit to quality on netplay.  You can only get data 7000 miles across the earth so fast.

I'm guessing it takes about 12 frames, actually...  It could be a very smooth 12 frames though, very consistently 12 frames, and very consistently an instant overhead gauntlet hades.

Some really bad connections are very spiky and feel a lot worse, against people in the states.

But don't make any mistakes about what you were actually playing in, please.

Don't worry. I'm not the one making mistakes here.

GGs @ Various and @ somethingLB ... Too tired to properly remember your name...

Also, does anyone know if I can switch the buttons for confirm and cancel? Pressing circle to select something is terribly awkward. :P

I opened up my PS4 copy yesterday and I been trying to figure out the same thing. Sadly, I don't think there is a way to swap circle and X's functions in menus. :/

Also, good games to lobby and ranked!

You think you have a better connection to some random house in japan than Amazon's japanese servers?

You could post your results.

Results would be different for everyone. I don't mean to say EVERY Japanese is a clean match but a good majority of my matches VS JP players have been VERY smooth.

How about you guys give it a shot and see if you connect well? I don't think some ping site will do much justice. It simply seems like some have good connection with JP players or have really bad connection from what we can tell. To me, it feels like GGxrd at 2-3 frame delay against most while very few feel 5-12 frame delay.

I take a break from vanilla BBCP, come back to this game and feel like I'm learning all over again. I just have this terrible defeatist air around me right now.

Results would be different for everyone. I don't mean to say EVERY Japanese is a clean match but a good majority of my matches VS JP players have been VERY smooth.

How about you guys give it a shot and see if you connect well? I don't think some ping site will do much justice. It simply seems like some have good connection with JP players or have really bad connection from what we can tell. To me, it feels like GGxrd at 2-3 frame delay against most while very few feel 5-12 frame delay.

It's not physically possible.

You can't play a fighting game against someone in japan from the east coast of the united states without having significant delay.

There's plenty I could do to to explain why it doesn't feel bad.

But in the end it comes down to ping, and you can't beat ping.

Seriously... try going into any forum with lots of highly competitive people for some game like an FPS, RTS, MOBA, whatever, and saying 'Yeah, ping doesn't matter'.

You can't play a fighting game against someone in japan from the east coast of the united states without having significant delay.

Seriously... try going into any forum with lots of highly competitive people for some game like an FPS, RTS, MOBA, whatever, and saying 'Yeah, ping doesn't matter'.

I'm not saying Ping doesn't matter but if people are saying it feels good, I don't know why people can't just take the time to play a few JP players that don't flip you a sad face emote and see for themselves if it's smooth for them or not. If it's smooth, Yipee! If not, then just avoid JP matches like in vanilla.

People shouldn't have to show "proof". The players should just play themselves instead of asking for details. Lol

Anyways, good games to lobby and ranked! Alot of good matches today!

Yea i'd eyeball my conn to the better of jp players at about 8f

Pinging to jp servers gives me anywhere 120 to 180 ms ping. Which is better on average than my conn to east coast which has been anywhere from 140 to 260 ms.

I get a nice 1ms ping to a server 300 miles from here too :D

Just chalk it up to either they're really use to netplay or playing against weebs.

Just chalk it up to either they're really use to netplay or playing against weebs.

And your disbelief still amounts to nothing.

And your disbelief still amounts to nothing.

No, you're objectively wrong. We're not talking about opinion here but technological fact. There is going to be more lag the farther you go. The subjective part is how good you think it feels anyway.

You probably just aren't noticing it as much, since you consider it "playable." Just because you think it looks better doesn't mean it actually is. I play with a lot of players who swear up and down that their connection isn't lagging, when it clearly is. It's because they aren't good enough at the game yet to notice the nuances or are just too busy mashing. If you aren't doing any tight combos its easier to miss that.

Delay is compared to offline, not your own netplay matches which might be terrible all the time anyway.

Or maybe your other closer matches are somehow worse and the JP one looks better in comparison.

Either way, it's time for you to drop it.

Facts vs personal perception is a 10 - 0 matchup kids, don't play that game. 

GGs to that salty guy in the lobby that hates Tagers.

No, you're objectively wrong. We're not talking about opinion here but technological fact. There is going to be more lag the farther you go. The subjective part is how good you think it feels anyway.

You probably just aren't noticing it as much, since you consider it "playable." Just because you think it looks better doesn't mean it actually is. I play with a lot of players who swear up and down that their connection isn't lagging, when it clearly is. It's because they aren't good enough at the game yet to notice the nuances or are just too busy mashing. If you aren't doing any tight combos its easier to miss that.

Delay is compared to offline, not your own netplay matches which might be terrible all the time anyway.

Or maybe your other closer matches are somehow worse and the JP one looks better in comparison.

Either way, it's time for you to drop it.

And you're wrong in saying I'm wrong, as I never outright wholly refuted the technological basis of it all. What I said was that with an entity that is ultimately has as many organic factors and is directly affected by as many variables as something like netplay, something like a ping test can never truly encapsulate 100% of what it's capable of. These so-called "facts" of yours aren't quite as set-in-stone as you'd like them to be.

"There is going to be more lag the farther you go" is a basic belief of netplay, but do you think there aren't people out there who've had better matches with others who are a few states away than they've had with someone perhaps an hour or two away based off of superior internet quality of the more distant party? I've certainly experienced things like that on plenty occasions, know countless others who have, and if you can't say the same then I have serious doubts about the breadth of your own experience. Distance is naturally a key factor, but the suggestion that it's the only factor that matters couldn't be farther from the truth.

And your reasoning for why matches may seem to be better for someone than they actually are(lack of skill/experience with the game, mashing, lacking offline experience to compare it to, etc.) are valid points in and of themselves, but they simply don't apply to myself. And judging by my experience with the others claiming what I have, I doubt many if any of those factors can be said to be the case for them either.

Anyway, my earlier "disbelief amounting to nothing" comment was in reference to that Omni, Errol, or yourself not buying what myself and others have claimed was experienced doesn't do a damn thing to change the fact that that's what we experienced. And seeing as the "facts" you contend with are a little less than factual, that hasn't changed. But if it makes you feel any better about that fact, I won't waste my time reading any other comments from anyone on this particular subject after I've posted this, so my piece has been said.

I deleted your post because I told you it was time to drop it. You don't go and re-post the same post it when a moderator tells you to drop it. Now you get an infraction.

And you're wrong in saying I'm wrong, as I never outright wholly refuted the technological basis of it all. What I said was that with an entity that is ultimately has as many organic factors and is directly affected by as many variables as something like netplay, something like a ping test can never truly encapsulate 100% of what it's capable of. These so-called "facts" of yours aren't quite as set-in-stone as you'd like them to be.

"There is going to be more lag the farther you go" is a basic belief of netplay, but do you think there aren't people out there who've had better matches with others who are a few states away than they've had with someone perhaps an hour or two away based off of superior internet quality of the more distant party? I've certainly experienced things like that on plenty occasions, know countless others who have, and if you can't say the same then I have serious doubts about the breadth of your own experience. Distance is naturally a key factor, but the suggestion that it's the only factor that matters couldn't be farther from the truth.

And your reasoning for why matches may seem to be better for someone than they actually are(lack of skill/experience with the game, mashing, lacking offline experience to compare it to, etc.) are valid points in and of themselves, but they simply don't apply to myself. And judging by my experience with the others claiming what I have, I doubt many if any of those factors can be said to be the case for them either.

Anyway, my earlier "disbelief amounting to nothing" comment was in reference to that Omni, Errol, or yourself not buying what myself and others have claimed was experienced doesn't do a damn thing to change the fact that that's what we experienced. And seeing as the "facts" you contend with are a little less than factual, that hasn't changed. But if it makes you feel any better about that fact, I won't waste my time reading any other comments from anyone on this particular subject after I've posted this, so my piece has been said.

nice logic scrub

also ggs to duncan45, 

post-33665-0-84568200-1430604002_thumb.j

Ya'll need to take a class on Network LAN and WAN basics, goddamn.

Yoooo i just realized. We got drama here and nem wasn't the one to start it this time. Yoooooo whens the apocalypse.