mAc Chaos

[CPEX] PSN Match Finder/GGs Thread

I got wrecked but I'm game for the challenge. Looking forward to matches with anyone in my next online session.
GGs to SaltyCombos, ExcelBlitzBlue, and NothingCells

ps- forgive for not remembering the other contenders, this is trying to remember some of the players from last week.

GGs to Azureflamegod and Julio!

Azure's lambda is some scary stuff. 

idk how many times I have to ban this dipshit but I'm getting real tired of it.

He's not entirely wrong, though. It's possible to get better matches with someone farther away geographically than you do with someone up close. Unfortunately the "distance" in question re: netplay is the distance your packet travels, not your distance as the crow flies. My connection routes from my house, to Cincinnati, to Indianapolis, then to Chicago, then back that same way. Therefore I have a better ping to Chicago than Cincinnati, or even my own hometown.

Don't be a dipshit. Think real hard before you make a claim.

lmao fucking amazing

destroyed

idk how many times I have to ban this dipshit but I'm getting real tired of it.

He's not entirely wrong, though. It's possible to get better matches with someone farther away geographically than you do with someone up close. Unfortunately the "distance" in question re: netplay is the distance your packet travels, not your distance as the crow flies. My connection routes from my house, to Cincinnati, to Indianapolis, then to Chicago, then back that same way. Therefore I have a better ping to Chicago than Cincinnati, or even my own hometown.

Don't be a dipshit. Think real hard before you make a claim.

It's true but it's pretty obvious. I mean obviously sometimes you have a better connection, yourself personally, to somewhere farther away than closer as the crow flies. But that hardly says anything about there being less delay in general from the US to Japan, or that you're going to be able to play in it at a real quality.

But yeah basic netplay stuff.

GGs to SKD, it may have been a bit laggy, but that doesn't mean I didn't feel it either.

BGs to Arkai7. I know Hakumen vs Lambda can be annoying, but quitting shouldn't be an option.

haha, well, it's more or less thinking about feasible gameplan/decisions in an offline environment. obviously we arent playing offline, but i'm going to try to emulate that, and when it comes to decisions that would be frowned upon...well, i frown upon.

Ggs today, what a good day to start things off. This game has that fresh feel to it, very nice. And that Rachel color#23 :333333

Ggs today, what a good day to start things off. This game has that fresh feel to it, very nice. And that Rachel color#23 :333333

Color 23 <3

GGs to people! Shoutouts to everyone that kept me busy on BB until the Mayweather vs Pacman fight! educated everyone on stream about what real boxing is.

The world and time stopped for an hour on the fight of the century

Shoutouts to stayfree too lolol

Ggs to drekio. That bang looking nice

I assume you're the Terumi I fought tonight. Good stuff!

I'm partial to 13 myself but 23 is good too.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Last night I had lag free matches againest japanese players. And to be quite honest I won all of them. However at some point the other player just gave up and stood there. Like this happened 4 times and just ended up getting a free win. Then after the match was over they just walked off. Do they not like fighting US players? I mean I understand connectivity but the matches I had were lag free. And then I kept on getting that face icon from them. So confused when they do that.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Last night I had lag free matches againest japanese players. And to be quite honest I won all of them. However at some point the other player just gave up and stood there. Like this happened 4 times and just ended up getting a free win. Then after the match was over they just walked off. Do they not like fighting US players? I mean I understand connectivity but the matches I had were lag free. And then I kept on getting that face icon from them. So confused when they do that.

They did that to me in the past in various games (most notably +R) but the match was always horribly laggy so they just wanted it to end faster. Maybe it's the sort of thing where one person experiences all the lag? I had heard reports of it before but I never put much faith in them. This conduct would fit with the pattern though. (or just, you know, it actually was laggy and you just can't tell maybe? like, I don't wanna insult people but this is what I think is the most likely scenario here lol)

Maybe for you it was but for them it wasn't good enough.

It wasn't lagless. Having 4 people stop playing in the middle of the match makes it pretty obvious.  There isn't even any way for them to tell you're american, except to infer it because the connectivity is bad.

I played a few JP players recently myself - and it was smooth but with noticeable delay - better than some NA 1 bars actually... that being said I totally didnt blame them when they remade the room with a 3 bar setting... I did just want to see if the rumors were true and all~

@ blackyakyak - Ill try to catch you today - perhaps in the evening if my brother doesnt wana play MTG, Ive been waiting to phrexian obliterate him~

Ya'll need to take a class on Network LAN and WAN basics, goddamn.

This actually seems like a really good idea... Id like to learn some of this shit

I'm on the West Coast and end up with some fairly decent games with JP players, but I think the thing that's causing confusion is that there's really two aspects to the connection:

- Delay

- Lag/Stalls

TL:DR - Delay is going to follow the connection number, but lagging and stalling is based on network quality that can't be accurately reflect in the ping tests that the game uses to establish the connection number.  So lag free doesn't mean low delay.

Networking 101 ...

Delay:

Typically ping is the basis for the # connection and will reflect the time that a few isolated, small data packets take to go from your system to the other person's system (or at least their NAT router) and back.  This will dictate the degree of delay from input to output.

Lag/Stalling: 

The thing that the # doesn't reflect is the connection's stability or throughput.  Just because you have a fast ping (3>) doesn't mean the connection will be stable.  And vice versa, just because you have a slower ping doesn't mean the connection will be unstable.  Instability where network packets become lost or stalled (Wi-Fi on the local area is a big source of this for many urban/congested area players) results in a hang in the data stream, resulting in laggy stop-start behavior as the game is missing the information to proceed with the match.

As a result, you can have a great connection # at 4 with someone in the same town, but if it's unstable, you'll still get hangs and stalls.  Just that when it's not hanging you'll be operating at minimal delay (2 frames~)

Vice versa, you can have a low 0 connection with a JP player from West Coast, or even a West -> East player but if the connection is stable then it you won't see any lag or stalls, but you'll still be running at a larger delay (12 frames~).

That's why a lot of the Japanese players will get pissy about 0 connections, even if it's playing smooth.  If you've played a lot in arcade, switching to a 12 frame delay is probably really aggravating, though for a dirty casual like me, a little delay doesn't bug me too much as long as it plays smooth and I can have fun losing.

Ultimately though, if you are looking for a lower delay match, you do need to have players at higher connection numbers.  It's just unfortunate that that's not insurance against lagging, it's just an indicating that when the connection IS stable, you'll 'probably' be at lower delay.

The other caveat is that the connection value is based on a very small, individual packet transmission that may not also reflect the actual connection speed.  The individuals network may give a better return than for a small data packet but still struggle with a larger packet/packet stream due to other rules or conditions in the routing environment.

i hate the arcade lobby.

*win 13 against same person*

*no one new comes to play*

*lose one*

*spot immediately taken*

also americans are so cutthroat to get games. you have to mash A on a cab if multiple people want a specific opponent and home you win. No lines or anything.

God damn do I have problems adapting to certain Ragna players.

They get me dumb salty because of how good they get over time lmao

GGs psn! To peeps that fought me and so on. Gotta say Ragna and Haz are Damn good in this version. Wish my main had a better neutral XD

GGs guys!