mAc Chaos

[CPEX] PSN Match Finder/GGs Thread

GGs Ranger, I'm still hunting for light blue, but figured it was best I didn't sandbag since I wanted to get a feel for the Makoto matchup. I'll be ready to counter your squirrel antics with my MLG zoning next time.

Speaking of: he used astral during one of my D recoveries, the astral moved him from midscreen to the corner in like two seconds and he punished my recovery. I had no idea you could act so quickly after Makoto's astral, it had like zero recovery. The moment was pretty much akin to his avatar.

DId you astral him out of any projectiles? Ranger pls say yes

I tried to do it three times. The first two times I messed up the input and it turned into 236D and j.D...so I didn't do the Astral and got hit by 5D instead. The third time I did it through the million sword super, but it didn't quite reach him.

He did Astral me once though, I'll admit that.

Anyone up for some games?

fame bringing the fame

i think fortune69 was talking shit about you earlier dude. kick that ass

Anyone else feel like they just waste everyone's time by being so unskilled they can't put up a fight, or is just me? I've gotten perfected in all of my games so far tonight.

With a name like unlucky, gotta wonder if your issue is psychological.

Eh. The name has a dumb story but it has nothing to do with my psychological issues. The majority of my problem comes from me choking when my opponent is within 5 feet of me, having trouble escaping preasure, and having the reflexes of a lobotomized kitten.

I'm sure my psychological issues play a part, but in this case it's really my general lack of skill.

Why don't you record some matches and put them in your character sub forum for critique. I assume you play lambda, a character of whom mistakes are some of the most unforgiving in game, so it makes sense for one hit to snowball into gg.

Forget everyone else. This is about you. If people feel like it is a waste of time playing you they can leave, but make sure you

Get those matches recorded anyway (particularly, the losses). Alternatively, play more within your skill level. Sounds like you might be completely new to the game or close, and if not, pardon me for being presumptuous: make a room looking for beginner friendlies.

Losing to better players is old news, it happens to everyone. Especially, if you're new and you're just jumping into a relatively old community that's had everybody squeezing blood from the proverbial stone out of each other for lack of any other players.

Just take it as a given you're going to lose a lot, that's part of the process of improving, and look to improve yourself instead. Instead of winning, look at how to stop certain air dash attacks, or break throws. When you do that bit by bit it eventually will build up to become a win.

Although maybe it won't depending on who you fight; it's not like they aren't improving either. I have friends that improve all the time, but since I also improve I still stay ahead of them. Doesn't mean they didn't improve.

Eh. The name has a dumb story but it has nothing to do with my psychological issues. The majority of my problem comes from me choking when my opponent is within 5 feet of me, having trouble escaping preasure, and having the reflexes of a lobotomized kitten.

I'm sure my psychological issues play a part, but in this case it's really my general lack of skill.

I second TD's suggestion, I'd be more than happy to give you critique and help you with any Lambda problems you may have. Remember, sucking at something is the first step to getting sort of good.

It warms my heart to see people progressing and learning to get better in this game! :) Not like those D-bags that you get hate mail from because you bodied them so bad, and call zoning and pressure, "cheating".

Staying on topic here: Great games to Chaoscodex! Kag mirrors bro, they literally go in one direction XD.

I'm done for tonight. GGs to those I played. I set a new record for how many times I've gotten perfected. Gotta keep beating those personal bests, amiright?

I think I can lose about 10 straight games before I become angry.

You won't like me when I'm angry. Lol

When all else fails mash that 2a, or counter assault if you have it. Back dashing evdrything is also easy and gives space for a character like lambda, definitely needs space

And really, if that doesn't work you might just need to practice more. If you are getting perfected all the time you effectively are not even playing the game. That can't be fun. At least if the computer pisses you off you can reset ad infinitum and they won't post here complaining.

I dont mind losing honestly. Usually if I start getting emotional about if I can just take a break, rolling for accessories and decorating my player room are what I find myself doing after every 15 losses or so.

Most of my fear is that by being stuck in the corner unable to do anything it makes the game unfunny for the other person.

And yeah, it can get pretty annoying being stuck blocking in the corner the entire match. Usually my attempts at mashing 2a is counter hit or I don't react in time to the hitconfirm, and back dashing us usually met with the opponent just following me or hitting me out of it.

I'll play more tomorrow, and try to see if I can get some matches recording. I'm new to console gaming so I can't just launch OBS and hit record, I'll see if I can figure out how to use the ps4's recording feature.

I think I can lose about 10 straight games before I become angry.

Only 10 games? I didn't realize my patience was so much higher for losses.

The way I see it, my victory is inevitable as I download them, so each loss is just a step closer.

Winning easily several times in a row becomes unfun, or losing technically. It's more of a long term thing. And again, if people find it unfun, I know the game is Japanese but I'm pretty sure anyone playing this game can identify the leave button.

As for recording, thankfully you have a ps4. I was shit out of luck with the PS3, but the 4 is amazing in that recording is as simple as pressing the share button on your controller, and it records the last 15 minutes up to that point. It's so easy, a caveman can d- *gets shot*

I've been using it as a journal, recording my practice sessions and such. I mean... Recording is a Godsend, it really is. Seriously. You should definitely have some fun exploring your system.

Yeah Mac, I'm not a great loser. I realized this when Zidane used to play this game and used to steamroll me from US to Asia and back again and asked if I wanted seconds.

lool I'm the sorest loser you've ever met but it takes a certain kind of person to hit that button for me. For some reason most people online don't. But my brother......

That just drives you to play more and get better though. "Again!" might as well be put on my tombstone.

GGs to everyone I played recently.  One day I will not drop all the combos and actually start to look like I know what I'm doing.

Anyone else feel like they just waste everyone's time by being so unskilled they can't put up a fight, or is just me? I've gotten perfected in all of my games so far tonight.

This is a thought that crossed my mind frequently.  Seriously, though, don't worry about it.  Everyone starts there, so anyone actually worth playing with should be willing to play with you (that is, they should never turn you down on [precieved] skill alone), provided you make an honest effort.  You are wasting no one's time if you are giving it your best, and don't let anyone, yourself included, tell you otherwise.

I'm done for tonight. GGs to those I played. I set a new record for how many times I've gotten perfected. Gotta keep beating those personal bests, amiright?

Don't sweat getting perfected.  Ever.  This game can be/is super snowbally, so it's a thing that's just going to happen from time to time.  Sometimes every guess is wrong.  If you're just staring out, they'll be wrong more often.  However, the average frequency of incorrectness is inversly proportional to how long you play (provided you try and pay some attention), so it'll get better.

Most of my fear is that by being stuck in the corner unable to do anything it makes the game unfunny for the other person.

I think this has been adaquately taken care of by everyone else.  If they're bored, they'll leave.  Otherwise, just keep hittin' buttons (or don't if that's getting you counterhit all the time).

Yeah I don't mind perfecting someone 500 times in a row if they're actually trying to improve.

It's only when they're just dicking around that I ask myself why I'm wasting my time.