mAc Chaos

[CPEX] PSN Match Finder/GGs Thread

It may be something I have to adjust to in that I'm usually a bit conservative with my burst and most of the time (unless the opponent is keeping me out for a while) they won't even have their burst gauge filled 2/3rds of the way entering the next round.

Just something I observed the past few nights playing online...why do most players use their burst the first time they get hit by an overhead early in the match (like Ragna's 6B or Gauntlet Hades)? Is it that common to burst early, to avoid EZ-mode corner carry, or something else (or all of the above)? It's like "I'm not gonna get hit by that overhead again!" but then you get hit by that overhead again :v:

It depends really, character/player thing. Momentum is pretty important in this game.   

Just fought a Celica from... Qatar? And the connection felt like a solid 2bar. What is this sorcery

Your handle escapes me, but good games in case you browse DL. It's always nice to see people not giving up when learning new characters despite the results.

GGs to the guy who quickly saw through my inability to recognise quick wakeups. If only that was a more common tactic, I'd be so much more aware of that option :S Oh well, it's my bad. Just gotta remember to jab lifeless bodies I guess. 

Edited by Dark__Divider

I hate quick wakeup so much.  Especially because I suck at punishing it with anything other than jab, which means that they get more reward for doing it than I get reward for punishing it. x.x

Anyway, the logic of early burst is simple: The earlier you burst, the more time your burst has to regen.  If you instead wait until 60 seconds into the match and THEN decide you need to burst a combo, you're basically at a burst deficit.  Also, yes, not being stuck in the corner can be huge, especially against characters that aren't super good at putting you back there/that depend on you being cornered for their game to be effective.

GGs SonicDL, the only person to kick my corps instead of waiting for me to wake up. GGs obey Marshmallow. GGs to the thieves of rank match, GGs Doritos. BGs to ppl who always had lag to back them up.

Key to beating quick rise is timing a fast OTG attack after all your common knockdowns. Everyone in this game has the same tech, wake up and quick rise timings so it's pretty much universal. Once you get that sweet spot timing down you can learn a good combo from the attack, and finally if there is an OS that you can do that will combo into the OTG yet not come out when they tech normally, you're golden.

many Japanese top players know this spot and depending on the character you will see them using it pretty much after every favorable knockdown. I believe tsu has both a 2a OS and 2b OS just from her j214c(a?) knockdown. Better if one plays one of the oki Kings like kokonoe who just auto baits everything including neutral tech in the corner lol.

Better if one plays one of the oki Kings like kokonoe who just auto baits everything including neutral tech in the corner lol.

You mean kokonoe has to deal with wakeup options? I just use restands :v

GGs to randoms in lobby. Also to my hakumen peeps. Is there an easier way to ground cancel hotaru, tsubaki, agito. Instead of just hop cancelling? I tend to hop cancel them, however some of the time I'll botch it hardcore.

You mean kokonoe has to deal with wakeup options? I just use restands :v

the fact that she does both so well is a testament to her power. I hope her mother is just as good in the oki game.

GGs to randoms in lobby. Also to my hakumen peeps. Is there an easier way to ground cancel hotaru, tsubaki, agito. Instead of just hop cancelling? I tend to hop cancel them, however some of the time I'll botch it hardcore.

Damned hopumens. Why can't they just walk or dash?

I am so done with rank match at night. Apparently only good players come out and abuse the shit out of spamming.

GGs SirGallantKnight. My combo enders keep missing on Hakumen's fat butt, idk why.

GGs man! Lol! I feel you man. My jumping C during my OD combos couldn't even stick Mu's booty in the corner when I wanted it to. XD

GGs to lobby.  It's odd that there's no music there like in Xrd & P4AU (love the custom tunes).  Guess I've done 20-30 lobby matches now.

Also to player room people: managed to play someone from the BB Player List in w.coast NA (Jefftheman55).  3 bars & roughly the same skill level too. 

And to ranked (I'm up to Lv4 now).  Had my first Tager mirror match & was destroyed.  3 bar connection, though.  Guess I'll wait on match finding til next weekend.  

Edited by indie_animator

GGs to DragonLord, who can do combos with Bang that I physically cannot. It's times like these where I wonder if an arcade stick makes it any easier :S

Much respect to anyone that can do those combos, specifically the big one that uses both poison and web nails.