Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

[CPEX] Amane Nishiki Gameplay Discussion

Took a crack at Jiro's tweets.

New Version Amane Loketest thoughts Part 1

• new 4C, 1C, same as 5C, 2C w/ less range & less recovery, might be strong if there are gatlings with 5C and 2C
  • Gosei does less hits when you connect, he's fearing that it comes with a damage decrease b/c of less hits
  • j2B is faster, he managed to do j2B loop up to 14 hits

Amane Loketest Part 2

• chip is unchanged for every drill and Hariken on all levels
  • getting full hits with Lvl2 2D and j6D is fun (I'm guessing he's saying Lv2 2D>j6D works/does all hits?)
  • 5A>6A>Gekiren doesn't work, he's wondering if 6A became worse
  • new move 'Ginga' might be useful, he still needs to find out in what situations it can be used efficiently

Amane Loketest Part 3 (direct impressions)

• 5B feels like it has slightly more recovery
  • he's uncomfortable with 3C, it feels a bit 'out of place', startup might be slightly faster?
  • dash, backdash, jump & overall movement is in place, nothing changed
  • j6C pull in speed and trajectory are not the same
  • 6B seems to have has less recovery, he says it's a great change

Translations of Shima's summary tweets courtesy of @Hakimiru. Thanks, d00d!

New Moves:

1. Ginga

- Has a reach of a tiny bit past 5B to just before 5C, generates a tornado (projectile prop) on the ground that goes up to chest height, doesn't leave the screen when done in the corner.

- Combos from 3C

- Untechable from launch to the knockdown.

- Can't follow it up midscreen, but in the corner 5B pickup works near the apex.

- Damage seems unaffected by drill level

- Minus when blocked right after startup

- If you meaty it on a downed opponent some distance away, it catches both forward/back rolls while also staying out long enough to force a block on emergency tech, giving you frame advantage.

2. 4C, 1C

- Closer hitbox, 1-hit, and reduced recovery versions of 5C and 2C, respectively.

- The recovery reduction is pretty minor, however

- 5C>1C, 2C>4C gatlings, while 5C>4C, 2C>1C does not.

Other Changes:

5B - increased recovery? faster startup?

6B - reduced recovery?

j2B - startup sped up. j2B loop works 14 times

3C - faster startup?

j6C - pull in is pretty strong now

6D - increased beginning active frames? slightly tracks opponent after reaching the ground

2D, j6D - digs in even at Lv2, landing all hits

D-chip Related:

- No changes to guard/barrier guard behavior

- Chip amount when you have the upper hand is unchanged

Raibu:

- floats higher?

- Raibu>5B works in corner

Hariken:

- Ground drill counts as projectile, can be destroyed. Can't be destroyed by physical attacks.

Gosei:

- Hit density decreased, resulting in reduced damage.

Sources: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/11030-cf-loketest-news-news-only-or-infraction/page-2#entry926524

SKD wrote some stuff from a closed loctest he attended, with some Amane - praise be.

Amane: New fireball is really important lol (small tornado that runs across the ground). It seems pretty good, and he overall seems a bit better, but maybe not good enough. 3C is slower, but his other C normals look faster with better hitboxes. 6D can be held, and even started traveling on the ground?!?! It moved pretty fast, lol. Not sure if thats automatic, might end up being a nerf lmao. Still amane. His exceed is kinda cool, he just does things and then slams you into the ground with his kimono.

Got around to translating Takarin's tweets. Not sure if there are some from other users, but at least Jiro and Shima didn't seem to have much in terms of in-depth info or impressions in their non-conversation tweets.

ギンガはちゃめちゃ強いやんけww

Ginga is really strong lol

アマネ今回1Cとギンガで中距離少し戦えるようになってるかな

This time Amane feels a bit like he can fight at mid distance via 1C and Ginga.

端ライブから5Bで拾えるんだが?w

Can pick up from corner Raibu with 5B?

端の2B3Cライブ5B5Dギンガ6Aゲキレンで2900ちょっともうちよっと伸びるかな

Corner 2B > 3C > Raibu > 5B > 5D > Ginga > 6A > Gekiren = 2900
Wonder if it can be extended a little bit more.

あ、ハリケン絡めたコンボもあったか。アマネだけで色々調べる事が多いな

Ah, there are combos incorporating Hariken, huh. Seems like Amane has quite a variety of things to try out.

ダメージ補正しか同技ないならずっとゲキレンいれまくって補正切るぞ

If SMP only provides damage proration, always take the (double) Gekiren proration.

アマネは暴れまくる人には強くなった印象
他は変わらん

For people who use Amane aggressively, it seems like he is stronger.
For everyone else, he hasn’t changed.

アマネは暴れまくる人には強くなった印象
他は変わらん

For people who use Amane aggressively, it seems like he is stronger.
For everyone else, he hasn’t changed.

Agrro is like.. THE way to play Amane though. Any other form and you're playing with half a character, lmao.

Also, some rewatching some of the videos nice and slow, an I noticed that airdash into j2b looks really fast? Maybe it's just me, but check it; https://youtu.be/jL9OkPXLIKc?t=793

Looks quick enough to be a crossup fakeout. I can't remember if it's always been this fast, and I'm at uni so I can't check, but... mite b cool.

Has anyone mentioned if Ginga can be canceled with... anything? Hariken, maybe? I have yet to see anyone cancel it in the loketests.

The way to play him? I don't know about that. A correct guess at neutral often leads to as much if not more damage than his pressure with arguably equivalent risk overall (matchups and shit)

They did report j2B being faster on the first loketest as reported above, ginga shouldn't be cancellable into anything since it's a special

Hi, I'm new to this whole forum and Blazblue thing, but I've been playing Amane for about 2 months and I found something I didn't see posted, so I thought I would share it.

Any time you can connect the third hit of 5B, such as after hariken drill hit or 6A counter hit, your air string can be elongated and add about 900 damage from what I've found.

What I've been doing is, for instance: 6Ach > 5B[3] > 5C > 6C > 6A > jc > j.B > jc > j.B > j.2C[2] > j.5C[1] > j.2C[2] > 236C

Naturally the 5C > 6C has different hits depending on the character, but this works on everyone in the cast.

Hi, i'm new to using Amane, and I had a few questions. 

First, what is my overall goal in neutral. I know Amane wants to get his drills heated up for chipp damage, but how should i go about neutral. What are my main tools, and what should i be trying to do? 

Next, what should i be doing once my opponent is on the defensive? How should i structure my blockstrings and stagger?

What are some quintisential set ups and confirms i should know?

And Lastly, what should i do off of knockdown mid screen?

Heyyy 

I'trying to complete as many challenges in this game as I can and Amane's last challenge is making me go crazy

Here is an attempt I recorded of myself trying to get 200 hits in training mode. 6D won't connect which is probably the only way to bring the counter to 200. Plz help!