Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

[CPEX] Amane Nishiki Combo Thread

If you want to use Hariken to build meter it's still cancellable with D, after which you can Zettou quite quickly. Having it be a direct cancel would be cool, of course, but we gotta deal with what we've got.

Maybe I should have quoted the post to make it clearer that this was aimed at the above rant.

Anyway, I don't know how useful this combo part could be, if at all. But it looks cool which is a very important factor along side using practical stuff.

236DC > RC >  dash 2B > 5B(1) launches the opponent into the drill on level 1. Opens up... some possibilities for stronger corner carry? Maybe? That or some burst safe ability? To get 5B(1), you have to either 236A/B forward > j.C/j.B or Gekiren. Both of which combo. I havn't retested it, but on drill level 2 you can have more than one hit of 5B hits since the drill lasts longer. The opponent is also launched higher meaning more followup possibilities. But like I said, I don't even know if there's some useful stuff here or not. Maybe some whacky j.6D shenanigans to look even cooler like 236DC > RC > Dash 2B > 5B(1) > 236A/B > j.6D > etc.

To note, doesn't work when the hitstun scaling kicks in

Conclusion, I doubt 50 meter for same damage is worth it, but style points are guaranteed.

Here's a corner Gekiren combo I came up with to help steal games off of the Gekiren reset gimmick.

623C > RC > OD > 2B > 236C > 6A > 2D > 214A > jB [1] > j6D > land > 5B > 5D

Does between 4.4 - 4.6k depending on your life, only needs about 50% life to get max damage. You can end with meaty hariken or OD 236236D if you start with at least 73 meter for 5.8k.

What's the setup now for Gekiren trap?

Just hitting them in the air with 5A on a short starter. It's a gimmick but my goal is to literally never go for it unless the combo can steal a round.

I'm beginning to understand the usefulness of building gauge with level 1 drill combos. Corner combos are the easiest example, I have no idea how to optimize it in midscreen combos yet (if it's even possible).

Old corner combo routes -

2B > 3C > 236C > 5A > 6A > 623C > 2B > 6A > 623C (2860 damage, no drill, j2B oki)

2B > 3C > 236C > 5A > 6A > 623C > 2B > 6A > jc > jB > jc > jB > j2C [1] > j214B > j2C > j236C (3020 damage, no drill, no oki)

2B > 3C > 236C > 5A > 6A > 623C > 5B [1] > 6A > 5B [1] > 5C [1] > 623C (2848 damage, no drill, Hariken oki)

Drill combo routes - 

2B > 3C > 236C > 5A > 6A > 623C > 2B > 2D > 623C (2941 damage, 1/4 drill, j2B oki)

2B > 3C > 236C > 5A > 6A > 623C > 5B > 5D > 236D (2678 damage, 1/2 drill, ??? oki)

2B > 3C > 236C > 665A > 5B [1] > 2D > 623C > 5B > 5D > 236D (2629 damage, 4/5 drill, ??? oki)

So, you can gain a massive amount of drill gauge just by using a single D attack and ending with charge. Oki is a little iffy though I think. It's possible to time a Hariken drill at the perfect time such that you will catch earliest possible roll while preventing them from jumping out, but the frame advantage at level 1 isn't strong and they can beat it with delayed roll. You can cancel into Hariken drill immediately which will neat you less gauge for optimal meaty timing, but they can just no-tech to make it blue beat for like 60 damage. You could also just cancel Hariken stance and go into pressure. This is pretty bad against DP characters, but against characters with no DP? You don't sacrifice that much and in return you get way more drill gauge quickly.

I don't know if this is good for resource management, but instead of only using RC after hariken drill to get level 3, using RC > OD (90%) > 6A > jB > jB > j2C > j6D > 236A > j6C > j6D adds about 1k to any N starter combo as well as level 3.

Flaws thus far:

-no oki, although is RC 6D good for oki?

-damaging part of the combo can be bursted if you have too much health

Pros:

-sends opponent so far when midscreen, you return to neutral w/ drill level 3

-flexible OD / dmg use

-easy as fuuuuuuu

-can be burst safe damage or used after a burst bait for 5K damage

Depends on the confirm distance

j.C (CH) > j 6C > j2C > 214A/B > jB > jC > j6C > j2C/j236C > j236C (if j2C) should be close to max damage?? (I'm getting around 2.7k)

j.C CH > 5B > 5C > 6C > 236DA > 3C > 236C (around 2.6K)

j.C CH > 5B > 5C > 6C > 236DA/B > RC > 6D (around 3.2k, drill level 3)

A rather easy confirm would j,C > j236A > jB > jB > j2C > j236C for 2k and better corner carry. Reason is you can react way more easily to CH vs. Regular hit during the hop. jC > j236A > j2C/jB > j236C is the most stable I can think of if regular hit

jC > j236A > jB > jB > j2C > j236C is my favorite combo. Too many of Amane's confirms require commitment over reaction so I mold my playstyle to avoid it as much as possible. With this combo, you can confirm for decent damage on counter or seamlessly transition into pressure on block. You have to be careful with the first jB and possibly jump cancel early though; if they're too high and you try to go for all 3 hits then the combo can drop.

Little combos...

Corner

Throw 236d slight delay a dash [2d] 623c dash 5b 5[d]nto 236d oki: 75 drill gain any level, more if you do hold the stance at the end. Level 2 and 3 pops them higher and requires a different, better combo

Midscreen corner carry

Throw 236b delay jb(1) dash 5b(1) 5c(1) 236a jb(1) Djb(1) j2c 236b/214b j2c 236c. Carries amane from back to corner to midscreen

jC > j236A > jB > jB > j2C > j236C is my favorite combo. Too many of Amane's confirms require commitment over reaction so I mold my playstyle to avoid it as much as possible. With this combo, you can confirm for decent damage on counter or seamlessly transition into pressure on block. You have to be careful with the first jB and possibly jump cancel early though; if they're too high and you try to go for all 3 hits then the combo can drop.

Held a similar thought pattern until I realized the reaction stack order to optimize this is rather easy: jC regular hit needs to go ASAP into j.236A > j2C/jB to combo. You only really need to react to that unless you want corner carry over the 600 damage alternative of j.C (CH) > 5B > 5C > etc. Failing to react or autopiloting into j.236A works either way and lets you plenty of time to react without thinking about it. In that sense, it's not really a failure to miss the reaction window on counter-hit, you still get an easy to convert knockdown. 

If anything, just dedicating the attention span for drill level 3 (AKA with 50 meter) could be attempted, this 600 damage turns into 1k AND drill level 3, both of which can make a sufficient difference in a round and give you the win.

Failing to react > 2K damage, j.236C ender

Reacting > 3K and drill potential, 6D or 236C ender.

It's a little extra effort, but you're not putting yourself in a scenario where failing to react = dropping the combo. Worth it