Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CPEX] Jin Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

CPEX Gameplay/Jin Discussion Only
  • Keep the discussion relevant to CPEX/Jin gameplay
  • No trolling, excessive flaming, or getting too off topic please.

Copy/pasting what I wrote in last thread:

These new combos are hype. Tested 5B>5C>5D>Sekka on everyone while in the corner (you gotta be right next to the opponent for it to work). 5C>5D>Sekka seems to work on everyone. Here are results:

-Doesn't work on Hazama and Tager, but 5B(1)>5C>5D>Sekka works if Sekka is done as soon as possible

-It'll drop on Litchi, Lambda and Nu if Sekka isn't done as soon as possible. Same goes for 5B(1)>5C>5D>Sekka

If you make those adjustments, it should work fine on them and works fine on everyone else as long as you're next to them completely in the corner..

5B>5C>5D>Sekka>6C>6D>5B(1)>5C>6C>623C>5B(1 or 2 depending on height)>5C>j.C>j.214C is either 3646 or 3702 depending on if the last 5B was 5B(1) or 5B(2) and gives 27 meter.

Also tried air hit 2C>6B. Only works at pretty low heights but gives good damage if it lands. You can also do it off Sekka>D. Something like:

5B>5C>22C~D>662C>6B>5B>5C>2C>j.2C>j.C>J.2C>J.C>j.214C is 3629 damage. Really liking this iteration of Jin so far

Edit: So I've tested 6C>6B loops in the corner. The timing is pretty damn weird, can't do 6B as soon as possible but you can't delay it too much or it'll drop, or you'll land the 6B but not the 5B afterwards. I did:

(Crouching) 5B>5C>6C>6B>5B>5C>6C>6B>5B>5C>6C>6D>22C>5C>3C>214B~C for 3786 damage and 27 heat gain.

I wouldn't say it's worth learning cause the most optimal corner crouching combo I've found does 100 more damage and gains 1 more heat lol.

@Dawn of Musou

I've been doing 5B>5C>5D>22C>6C>6B>5B>5C>2C>6C>C DP>5B(1)>3C>mussou (3,599) since i think it's a better ender?

Alternatively...there's 5B>5C>5D>22C>6C>6D>5B(1)>6C>214B~C>2B>5C>jC>hizansen 3.6

Patience is a virtue... which I do not possess. I'll have the game up and running by 9 pm tonight. I wonder what nets you more damage, 6C > 6B, 5B or 6C > 6D, 5B? I also wonder if you can get more damage by doing the 6C > 214B(whiff) ~ C route than by doing the DP C route. 

I'm probably gonna neglect my Jin mod duties for a bit and mess around with Plat first though, she looks much too fun in this game lol. 

on the topic of 6D, it definitely has more recovery in this game, goodbye high/low mixup in the corner.

however you can get a safejump if you end the combo air hit 623C or air hit 22C. Hit them when their feet are at teh same height as jin's head.

We lost our j.D gimmicks and we lost our 6D gimmicks, they just want to use to win the good old honest way, huh?

I'm sure people will figure out some gimmicks using OD. 

You can still do high/low off 6D if you do j.B after it.

You can do:

6D>j.B> delay j.2C as a high option that also baits dps.

They can hold up back to block the j.2C, but they'll be forced to land so a 2B will catch them if they're still holding upback after j.2C. j

6D>j.B> delay j.A as a high option catches jump startup and baits the dp.

You can do whatever after the delay j.A>j.214D/land 2B/throw/throw bait/trm

6D>j.B>j.A whiff low/throw/airdash mixup.

Easily disrespected. 

Unless you can find a way to end in 6D without sacrificing too much damage, I don't think it's worth it.

@Dawn of Musou

I've been doing 5B>5C>5D>22C>6C>6B>5B>5C>2C>6C>C DP>5B(1)>3C>mussou (3,599) since i think it's a better ender?

Alternatively...there's 5B>5C>5D>22C>6C>6D>5B(1)>6C>214B~C>2B>5C>jC>hizansen 3.6

Changed up my ender so I can get musou ender:

5B>5C>5D>22C>6C>6D>5B(1)>5C>6C>623C>5B(1)>3C>214B~C

Does 3603 damage and gives 26 meter. Think I'mma use this one more. 100 less damage for better oki is something I'd take lol. Although timing the 5B so it's low enough to 3C is gonna take some getting used to.

I've been thinking of doing 236D after a Musou or Sekka or 623C ender. Anyone think it's worth it? Tested it out in the corner and seemed like solid pressure can be done afterwards.

I've been thinking of doing 236D after a Musou or Sekka or 623C ender. Anyone think it's worth it? Tested it out in the corner and seemed like solid pressure can be done afterwards.

I'm guessing your referring to the charged version. It's not worth it they can forward roll behind you or dp if its fast enough. Musou ender they can roll behind you and they can counter hit the recovery. After 6D a well spaced 3C>236D beats rolls and hits meaty, but they can delay tech it. 

Edit: 3C>236D is the only one that recovers in time to block a dp.

These 214B (whiff) ~ C combos are a bit tricky, gonna have to grind them for a bit before I get them down. I also noticed that they nerfed the ODC duration. In vanilla you could do stuff like 5B > 5C > ODC, 5C > 6B, > 5C > 6B > j.214C, j.2C > j.C, 66 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C > 214B~C for 3.7K at full health and now with the shorter ODC you have to just go straight into 5C > 6B > j.214C. 

I'm sure there are better ways to squeeze damage out of what little time we have with a full health ODC though. 

Oh and glorious blast from the past Hizangeki combo:

j.214D, 66 2B > 5C > sj.C > j.D, AD > j.2C > (delayed) j.C, 5B, 3C > 214B~C

Hey guys how do you get the crouching midscreen combo that goes like 5b>5c>2c>6c>2d>dash 5c> 2c> 6c > 214B~C followup hit only > 2b > 5c > aerial ? I can never get the 6c > ice car 1 hit to work. They either 1) get knocked in the other direction at 6c or 2) i cant 2b to pick them up off the ground because they tech before i can 2b. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys how do you get the crouching midscreen combo that goes like 5b>5c>2c>6c>2d>dash 5c> 2c> 6c > 214B~C followup hit only > 2b > 5c > aerial ? I can never get the 6c > ice car 1 hit to work. They either 1) get knocked in the other direction at 6c or 2) i cant 2b to pick them up off the ground because they tech before i can 2b. Any help would be appreciated.

Delay the 6C to keep them from getting knocked in the other direction. The 2B pickup is either your timing or your hitting them too low with ice car 1 hit. 

Edit: For people having trouble with the ...2D> dash 5C>2C>delay 6C>214B(w)~C confirm, the easiest way to do it is to hit them as low as possible after 2D with dash 5C and do 214B(w)~C immediately after 6C(Helps if they're almost directly overhead when hit by 6C). It's a universal timing that works on everyone. There are actually two universal timings.The other one is done by hitting them not too high and not too low after 2D but you need to do 214B(w)~delay C. The best way to learn this route is to practice on Litchi, Hazama, or Terumi. Practice hitting them at different heights with dash 5C after 2D. You'll develop a feel for the combo against them because if you don't hit them as low as possible after 2D you'll completely miss the 214B(w)~C if done immediately. Too high, and you won't be able to pick them up with 2B even if you manage to hit them.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: apparently ive run into another problem with the above combo. After dash 5c 2c delay 6c sometimes my 214b~c follow up does not hit them because they're too far away, what am i doing wrong?

Are yku delaying 5c after 2d? I found that to be easier than delaying the 6c.

I also noticed that even if you miss 2b you can get out 2a or 5b safely. (Would like confirmation)

I also noticed that even if you miss 2b you can get out 2a or 5b safely. (Would like confirmation)

Yes im doing 2d> dash (wait) 5c > 2c > slight delay 6c 

Yea you can. You pick up the combo if they don't tech. 

Alternative combo/For those who prefer ice car knockdown

N starter>5C>6C>2D> dash sekka>j.B>j.2C>5B>5C>3C>ice car

If your back is to the corner you can do dash sekka> dash j.B for sideswap

Noel, Tao, Rachel, Kokonoe, and Platinum can't bet hit by sekka refreeze j.B

You can also do dash sekka>6C>2D>air ender

Thank you so much!

EDIT: apparently ive run into another problem with the above combo. After dash 5c 2c delay 6c sometimes my 214b~c follow up does not hit them because they're too far away, what am i doing wrong?

Just keep practicing it. The 214B-C will whiff on some characters if you don't hit them with 5C>2C>delay 6C as low as possible. You will need to delay the 214B-C followup in that case. There's isn't much advice to give except keep grinding the combo till you get a feel for when you have do 214B delay C and when you don't. Just try to get it consistently on the characters I mentioned before. 

Full health ODC combos:

Damage: N Starter > 5C > ODC, (66) 5C > 6C > 2D, (delayed) 66 5C > 2C > 6C > 214B~C, 66 2B > 5C > Air Combo

Oki: N Starter > (66) 5C > ODC, 5C > 6B > j.214C, 66 22C, 66 j.B > (delayed) j.2C, 5B > 5C > 3C > 214B~C

The oki variation is a lot harder to do, you might as well just go for the 66 2B > 5B > 22C finisher as opposed to the air combo from the damage combo and not worry about character specifics (100 less damage). 

I randomly noticed that you can't 2C if you want a crouching combo off 2A anymore. 2A>5B>5C>2C>6C>2D>stuff doesn't work anymore unless you omit the 2C. It's not really important I'm wondering what got changed to cause this to happen.

thanks moy! i was wondering, do you need to do 66 2b>5c> air combo after every midscreen 214B(w)~C hit?? 

Not really, only if you want to go for 22C knockdown (66 2B > 5B > 22C)

@ Dawn of Musou - combo timers and hitstun decay is more strict in this game. Things that worked before off certain starters no longer work in this game.