Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CPEX] Jin Gameplay Discussion

66 2b is actually necessary if you want to do optimal damage against most of the cast. jc j2c jc j214c doesn't connect if you don't dash against characters who don't have relatively large hitboxes, so you have to do superjump jc j2c j214c instead.

This incarnation of Jin is probably the most boring I've played and I've mained/alted him in every game since CT. He's definitely super strong/very top tier but I have no idea how he's being compared to characters like Nu or Valk who have really obvious bullshit. Losing corner 6D mixups pretty much destroyed all the fun of this character in BBCP, then there's hizangeki corner combos that do no damage and have a super strict timing (+ you have to be pretty much point blank), first hit of ice car having a new whiff animation ruining a bunch of fun gimmicks, etc. Losing meterless corner damage (except when absolutely point blank so you can do 5D sekkajin) and replacing it with more 25 meter damage everywhere is also not my style though I can see why some would like it. The combos involving ice car whiff look cool though, so I guess there's at least that.

Am I alone in thinking this? Definitely don't think I'm going to keep playing him (hello nu).

I actually feel the same way, this Jin is easily the shittiest Jin in the history of BB. Like you said, sure he's still strong but losing his corner stuff really makes him feel bland. I mean 3.8K off 5B with 25 Heat is awesome, but not enough to warrant him to losing his corner game in the process. I'll keep playing him because I just love how his normals work and feel. Platinum feels hella sluggish in neutral compared to Jin. 

214B~C combos and mid-screen TK Hizangeki confirms are still pretty sweet though. 

Lol I'm having fun with this Jin. He's actually different....the 6B/6D changes to make up for the loss of wallbounce stuff is pretty interesting imo. Don't think he's bland at all but...i do sub a bunch of other characters on the side so I never feel bored. Also the "shittiest" Jin imo is extend jin (at least the way most people played him....as a watered down version of CS2). Only thing i miss from extend jin is the way 6A worked. I say Shitty loosely because I've always had fun with this character.

They specifically said they wanted to make Jin have to spend meter to do damage but..as i've always asked "when do i not have meter?". The fact that he's considered top tier (By Dora, Goro, Uma No Hone, etc) w/o the 6D bullshit is....pretty amazing. Fenrich has been bullying Osaka with this Jin for months lol.

I'm having fun with Jin too, having even more fun than his CP self. After a year of absence I'm pretty rusty though. Didn't play CP a hell lot as I did with CS while CP is such a better game overall, I felt CP Jin was kind of boring. His corner combos was more or less 6C > filler xN, so I welcome the variation he has now.

Not sure id it's just my rust but I feel he does need a little of execution now (#loljinexecution). Also love that his jB is almost back to CT level, standing combos all the way.

I'm enjoying myself with him. The tighter combos are a little more work than I expected and getting down air hit 214B~C> 2B is taking some time(I usually just go for 3C>Sekka) but overall he's pretty fun. We lost freeze resets and gimmicks but traded them for overall more damage midscreen and corner. Playing more honestly has been a pretty interesting experience so far. My main goal right now is to fight a Tager so that I can do 5C>j.B> j.2C>j.C loops for 3K and corner carry lol.

Has anyone managed to solve his challenge #20 yet? I'm getting to 19 seconds and running out of ideas.

Doing it with this, maybe anyone can toy around:

FC 22C > CT > 5C > 2C > 6C > 6B > 5B(1) > 5C > 2C > 6C(delayed) > 6D > OD > 5C > 6B > j.214D > dash in 6B > 214C > dash in 623C > 623B > Touga.

Stupid challenge.

moved it hre since it belongs here

thanks also

5b-5c-2c*-3c-5d-214d~c-2b-5c-2c-6c-214b(w)~c-2b-5c-2c-air ender [3636]
5b-5c-2c-3c-5d-214d~c-2b-5c-6c-623c-5b(1)-22c [3397]

how do you combo 3C into 5D for Jin? isn't that impossible?

moved it hre since it belongs here

thanks also

5b-5c-2c*-3c-5d-214d~c-2b-5c-2c-6c-214b(w)~c-2b-5c-2c-air ender [3636]
5b-5c-2c-3c-5d-214d~c-2b-5c-6c-623c-5b(1)-22c [3397]

how do you combo 3C into 5D for Jin? isn't that impossible?

It is.

Just got the game.

Well I knew this wasn't going to be easy but does someone know how to connect the 2B after 214b-c combos? Like 5C 6C 2D dash 5C 6C 214B>C 2B etc...

Is the timing just difficult or what? Thanks in advance.

Just got the game.

Well I knew this wasn't going to be easy but does someone know how to connect the 2B after 214b-c combos? Like 5C 6C 2D dash 5C 6C 214B>C 2B etc...

Is the timing just difficult or what? Thanks in advance.

Do 2C before the second 6C. Ice car followup has to hit above a certain height to get the untech time to run up and 2B.

Keep in mind, that combo is character specific and only works on the taller characters. 

@Laow - depends on the starter, if you do it from a throw starter you're not getting much more out of it. 

yeah, i figured it'd only work on non-short characters. i only tested on jin, pretty sure it won't work on anyone short like plat and carl, but it also might not work on semi short characters like noel, i'll have to test.

It's good extra damage nonetheless, my only gripe with it is that the link from 22C into 66 j.B is relatively tight but practice makes perfect. 

more tech (i found this back in CS Extend, but never posted about it till now haha)

https://twitter.com/shtkn/status/611769348030500864

loses to guardpoint stuff like yukikaze and noel's fenrir. i think you can react and punish backdash too, but i haven't tried as it's a pain to set up in training mode.

basic reward off this is like 3k? not sure.

Yay for Jin gimmicks

Seem like some good mix-up, go for the low when they catch on to the j.B IOH.

Random find in training. Jin can do a fuzzy instant overhead j.2C using the stagger from ending a combo with crush trigger. It's similar to Ragna's old 22C stagger 669j.A fuzzy instant overhead. It's not an immediate j.2C it requires a delay. Doing 668j.2C helps with the timing. Not really practical though. Someone can put in a combo video.Only ways to set it up is off throw(sacrifices too much damage for a mixup that can be avoided by choosing not to recover), corner crouching 6C 6B loops into 6C 6D CT(May be useful here if you can figure out a way to punish them for not recovering), and midscreen ending a 214B w C combo with 2B 5C tk 214D 1 hit 66 CT( Costs way too much meter).

I don't know if this is really relevant, but I noticed that the guard for Jin's Astral is UNB on the wiki for Dustloop. Should be L now, since it got changed to an low. I tested this accidentally while fighting the A.I. Had 100 Heat and figured "The AI is stupid anyways. There's no way it'll bother blocking." Turns out, it blocked low, guarded my Astral, and proceeded to kick the shit out of me. So if anyone would change that, that'd be cool. Probably fix a couple other things I didn't notice too, like all the new ways to chain into Astral instead of plain throws.